2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be a good idea to get some practice rounds in with friends filming. My adrenaline seems to ramp up when cameras are on me. I hit some poor shots at the Atlanta Invitational every time JB showed up with his camera. I had a 3 jack from 15 feet while being filmed at the Mesquite Amateur.

The nice thing is that media day helps you get used to them being around. The volunteers who did the filming were terrific and also made it much easier than it could have been.

The nice thing is that media day helps you get used to them being around. The volunteers who did the filming were terrific and also made it much easier than it could have been.

They really were awesome. You almost forgot they were there until you were asked a question.

It might be a good idea to get some practice rounds in with friends filming. My adrenaline seems to ramp up when cameras are on me. I hit some poor shots at the Atlanta Invitational every time JB showed up with his camera. I had a 3 jack from 15 feet while being filmed at the Mesquite Amateur.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm not one for that kind of attention either.

Tapatalking on my iPhone 5!

The cameras didn't bother you, in fact I forgot they were even filming several times.....the first tee problem is 30+ people standing there watching you, then GG rattling off your introduction like it's a Comedy Central Roast with everybody giggling at her comments...then you have to bend over put a tee in the ground and make something that resembles a golf swing!

The cameras didn't bother you, in fact I forgot they were even filming several times.....the first tee problem is 30+ people standing there watching you, then GG rattling off your introduction like it's a Comedy Central Roast with everybody giggling at her comments...then you have to bend over put a tee in the ground and make something that resembles a golf swing!

I'm kinda looking forward to this. Reminds me of the Tavistock.

I'm kinda looking forward to this. Reminds me of the Tavistock.

Very similar.....wont be a problem for you because you have played lots of tournaments and things, but the guys that have never really played any competitive golf at all can get a little nervous.....heck guys that played in the first Morgan cup said they were still nervous on the first tee in the 2nd Morgan Cup.

i think i'm gonna concentrate more on practicing this year instead of playing as much. maybe play once a week. I really think if i work more on my short game this year i can take it to another level like i did last year. thats something i def want to improve on before i get down there.

I really started getting ready this evening with my first lesson from GolfTec. I will have a full write up on it later. I bought a 6 month plan and then I am going to do a couple of "playing lessons" on course the last couple of weeks before #THPMC

Very similar.....wont be a problem for you because you have played lots of tournaments and things, but the guys that have never really played any competitive golf at all can get a little nervous.....heck guys that played in the first Morgan cup said they were still nervous on the first tee in the 2nd Morgan Cup.

It'll be different because I'll have trouble collecting myself from the laughter. Normally on the first tee, I'm focused and ready to go. I'll probably lose my focus at some point during the roast.

When is 2014 MC?!!?

Can the MC be tomorrow? Today's PB has got me amped up to build on this and really do work.

Nice work man, very impressive.

This MC is really shaping up nicely. Thoughts and ideas are melding together. People are working on their games and bodies. Equipment is being pondered and seems friendships are being forged. From the volunteers to the staffers, #THPMC is rolling along nicely.

This MC is really shaping up nicely. Thoughts and ideas are melding together. People are working on their games and bodies. Equipment is being pondered and seems friendships are being forged. From the volunteers to the staffers, #THPMC is rolling along nicely.

Completely agree Freddie, I think its already shaping up to be better than years past! I can't begin to imagine how things will be once orders start being placed and all the discussion and feedback on equipment starts happening. There is going to be some great conversations. I love that there seems to be more forum members asking questions as well compared to years past, I can already see the forum involvement growing.

This is the first MC I've been a part of and I think its awesome how much everyone is rooting for each other to improve and bring their best games to Myrtle.
Awesome friendships are being forged and I can't wait to get to Myrtle and meet everyone involved. I've met several guys already and know this is going to be one special competition once we get it kicked off.

Anybody that can tee off on the 1st tee of the Morgan Cup and NOT feel nerves might want to check into a clinic. It gets easier for many from there, but the 1st tee is filled with nerves.

It took me about 3 holes to shake off those nerves in the first round, its like nothing anyone can imagine no matter how many local tournaments you've played in. I don't think any local tournaments have a build-up like the Morgan Cup leading up to it, the excitement is nuts!

I was excited to tee it up and quite honestly was happy that my group was first off. I didn't have time to really think about it so my nerves were pretty in check.

That's a good point Chunky.

To everyone else: would you rather be the first group to tee off in front of EVERYONE, or would you rather feel those jitters a little longer but tee of later in front of fewer people?

That's a good point Chunky.

To everyone else: would you rather be the first group to tee off in front of EVERYONE, or would you rather feel those jitters a little longer but tee of later in front of fewer people?

I think going after Seth helped the nerves quite a bit. I think I would rather go earlier to get it out of the way. Being one of the last groups had me a bit of a nervous wreck.

I could just imagine. Heck when I was at the Ohio Tour stop I felt a few butterflies... And promptly started spraying my driver lol. It's going to be fun to watch. Maybe a camera set up along the first fairway to capture thoughts of how that felt for the viewers out there would be cool

I think going after Seth helped the nerves quite a bit. I think I would rather go earlier to get it out of the way. Being one of the last groups had me a bit of a nervous wreck.

I would rather be one of the earlier groups as well, otherwise the nervousness continues to build. I'd like to just do it ans get it over with. Plus I want as many people as possible see me crush it down the middle of the fairway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back