2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope, not even close. Have to find distance that I lost off the tee. Bunker and short game still need to sharpen up, and still working on the SPi putting method. Still plenty of time though so I'm not worried one bit. I'm thinking I'd like to be very comfortable with my game about the 2nd week in July. Up until that point I will be pretty much just getting out playing, practicing, and having a blast.

Hope we can play in a couple weeks!

How is everyone's prep work going? Are you were you want to be?
Prep work is going well, getting in some great range sessions and working on engraining all of what I learned in my lesson back in Feb. It's going well and resulting in better ball striking, I'm excited for that.

Tonight was the first I was able to play with what I'd consider decent course conditions, the greens were mowed and the grass is really turning nice and green already. I hit the ball awesome off the tee (more in the X Hot Pro driver thread soon) and scored well. I shot a 75 with 2 birdies and 1 sloppy double. Things are progressing nicely but there is more work to be done!

Probably, because a lot of times I wouldn't say everything he wanted me to. Hmm, maybe I do need to do these after all.

Wow...maybe you should. Hahaha

hahaha very very true. However, GG didn't exactly go easy last year..... paging Kevin from Dell.....

This is true too.

Your are a clear head away from a solid round. Your negative thoughts are your own worst enemy. When you just do, you are all that and a bag of arepas

So I can get in your head...I would never do that bro, I will be pulling for everyone to play there best.

My driver is getting much better and the focus on ball striking lately with irons is showing improvement.
I don't know what happened Saturday but I apparently forgot how to putt.

Range tomorrow and Thursday and hoping to get a round in Sunday.

Prep work is going well, getting in some great range sessions and working on engraining all of what I learned in my lesson back in Feb. It's going well and resulting in better ball striking, I'm excited for that.

Tonight was the first I was able to play with what I'd consider decent course conditions, the greens were mowed and the grass is really turning nice and green already. I hit the ball awesome off the tee (more in the X Hot Pro driver thread soon) and scored well. I shot a 75 with 2 birdies and 1 sloppy double. Things are progressing nicely but there is more work to be done!

Dang, a 75 on you first round in nice conditions?! Looks like a good start to the year for you!

I have not been able to get to the course like I want, but my ball striking is solid right now. Wedge game seems to be on point as well. I need to work on the short short game. I'm pretty confident right now

Three rounds in and the game is showing signs of life. Still work to do with all phases of the game.

Sounds like the weather is finally turning for those of us that live in the midwest and the heartland. Looks like full prep mode is coming up for many of us!

Dang, a 75 on you first round in nice conditions?! Looks like a good start to the year for you!
Thanks man. I've played and practiced quite a bit already but yeah up until today it seemed like the greens always sucked and/or the fairway and rough was still crappy but things are coming alive quite nicely finally. What I did this year was got my lesson clear back on February 1 so that I could work on it and start the season fast. So far so good. I'm planning on meeting with my pro again a couple times throughout the summer because instead of getting a fix and leaving well enough alone I want to keep improving and get to the level I know that I can get. I'm excited for this year!

i have a feeling that one solid range session will put me back on track quick-fast. just waiting for weather.......
tomorrow i hope, cuz i think my league starts on Thursday this week :bulgy-eyes:

I love hearing a few nerves, lots of practice and some flat out fear of JB's announcements on the first tee, lol. I must say I'm glad we have some representation from Nebraska, GO ICEY!

i have a feeling that one solid range session will put me back on track quick-fast. just waiting for weather.......
tomorrow i hope, cuz i think my league starts on Thursday this week :bulgy-eyes:

Same here dude. Just need a few days of golf in a row instead of one round or range session a week. Looks like the weather will finally allow more golf!

I already covered some of my prep today in the Range/Practice thread, isn't that the thread to post in anyways about this topic? http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...ctice-Thread&p=2169692&viewfull=1#post2169692

Quick summary of where I am: scores have been decent for this early in the season. I'm more accurate with my irons/hybrids than last year, but distances are a little shorter which is bothering me. Driver runs hot and cold, but that's normal for me. My short game is pathetic right now, need to put a lot of work into that.

My game is about where I thought it would be. I have a long way to go and will get there by July.

Change is good! :D

My prep is going pretty well. I'm not exactly where I want to be, but I feel close. I've been working on a few small swing changes and when I just quit thinking a play I do pretty well but sometimes I just get in my own way. Today I started off double double and then got out of my head a bit and shot 1 over on the back at a pretty tough country club. I know I have good golf and low numbers in me, I just have to make it happen.

Glad to see you guys are all working hard on your games. Team Hackers is looking a challenge this year :D. My game is moving along nicely, i've already dropped from a 12 HC to 11 HC and plan to keep moving in that direction. My putting was always a weak part of my game but some hard work has really helped me improve.

The biggest benefit to my game is being able to play all year round. I actually think i'd crack up if i had to take a break in the winter like so many of you guys have to do

How is everyone's prep work going? Are you were you want to be?

I feel like I am hitting the ball much more consitantly right now which was my biggest goal going into the lessons.

My Tee game is pretty solid.
FW/HYBO and Mid Irons are pretty good....much better contact.
Short irons and wedges need work...that's my problem area
Putter....deadly

Im practicing holding a THP TV mic. I am working on interview questions. And making these 1st tee announcements so good that anybody not nervous should be checked for a pulse.

IM EXCITED!

Holy Carp this could be brutal!!

I'll elaborate...
Happy with my tee game.
Almost happy with putting
Not happy at all with iron play and short game

That's pretty much me...short game and mid irons need work.

Yay, that means the pressure is off me for the opening announcements, and I don't have to worry about screwing up people's names. Damn you Jrod, I still don't know your last name. And WCBM...I will always remember the cow is wet.

The Cow is wet for the win!!

Probably, because a lot of times I wouldn't say everything he wanted me to. Hmm, maybe I do need to do these after all.

wait...he came up with stuff you wouldn't say??? Oh...this could be really really bad...hehehe

It is fun to see how much work everyone has put in but painful at the same time because the weather has prevented my from hitting the range or playing a round. Maybe only a week or two out but I have the outing to look forward too and I have been doing what I can inside to get ready.

Last edited:
My prep is coming along quite well. My putting stroke has been very strong as of late and I am looking forward to getting used to the Bettinardi. I'm so excited about that putter.

I just wanted to catch up on this with a quick question. Has everyone recieved their equipment and started playing with it? I know I saw a lot of Callaway coming in last week. Is everyone else set to go?

I just wanted to catch up on this with a quick question. Has everyone recieved their equipment and started playing with it? I know I saw a lot of Callaway coming in last week. Is everyone else set to go?

Varies per OEM.

All have received staff bags.

Cleveland guys have drivers and have ordered irons.

Bridgestone guys have their drivers and have ordered putters. I imagine that irons/wedges are next.

Like Cookie said,...it's different for every OEM.

We all now have our staff bags
Most of the Bridgestone guys have gotten drivers and we have ordered our Bettinardi putters
I think most of the Cally staff have drivers and putters in hand now
Cobra guys have their Seemore putters and drivers are ordered
and as Cookie said...Cleveland has their drivers and their irons are on order.

I think that's about where everybody stands right now.

Like Cookie said,...it's different for every OEM.

We all now have our staff bags
Most of the Bridgestone guys have gotten drivers and we have ordered our Bettinardi putters
I think most of the Cally staff have drivers and putters in hand now
Cobra guys have their Seemore putters and drivers are ordered
and as Cookie said...Cleveland has their drivers and their irons are on order.

I think that's about where everybody stands right now.

Thanks for catching me up guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back