2013 THP Invitational Series #1 - Texas - Sponsored By Callaway Golf

Very good question....what would you want to do since you're traveling here. You want to play the same course twice or a new on on Sunday?

I might be up for a Sunday round too if I spend the night in Dallas. Let me know what you guys work out.

I'm bringing the Doc with me and we're flying out of DFW to Orlando on Sunday. So, I'm counting on knowing where people that are staying overnight are staying and counting on everyone going out and getting some grub!

Would have thought those boys from the North would be jumping all over this event trying to escape the cold and snow!

I'm not too far north but there is snow on the ground. Signed up today, looking forward to putting faces with the names !

I'm not too far north but there is snow on the ground. Signed up today, looking forward to putting faces with the names !

Can't wait buddy!!! Really glad you're coming!!!

Very good question....what would you want to do since you're traveling here. You want to play the same course twice or a new on on Sunday?

Guess that depends on where everybody is staying and what time flights and things are, I am up for anything.

Heck, I would take semi-normal any day, but it would have been great to tee it up again with ya.

We will tee it up again at some point buddy I promise!

Any chance there will be a prize for the THPer that makes the longest trip? I've seen some interest from folks in South Dakota. Those guys are serious.

I drove to Iowa for the tour van stop there....my prize was a great weekend with a bunch of great guys and a fantastic golf course!

I'm bringing the Doc with me and we're flying out of DFW to Orlando on Sunday. So, I'm counting on knowing where people that are staying overnight are staying and counting on everyone going out and getting some grub!

You know there will be grub eaten and beers drank....NO DIET that weekend for sure!

Glad to have you signed up hammer, look forward to meeting you!

I really like the looks of this course. Looks pretty nice, with some nice wide open "grip and rip" holes it appears.

I really like the looks of this course. Looks pretty nice, with some nice wide open "grip and rip" holes it appears.

There are for sure! But trouble is hiding around each corner.

There are for sure! But trouble is hiding around each corner.

I'm getting ready to load the course into my UPro and look at it a bit. #8, the 575 yard par 5 looks like it may be a bit of a be-otch!

Just had to chuckle when I saw where you were from. Bought my first, second and third car from Sunny Hill Motors...ya traded in way to often back then. You will have a great time!

Any chance there will be a prize for the THPer that makes the longest trip? I've seen some interest from folks in South Dakota. Those guys are serious.

I think GG and myself would win that. :D

Anybody know what hotel costs will be for this? Trying to figure out budget since I think I have vacation figured out.

Anybody know what hotel costs will be for this? Trying to figure out budget since I think I have vacation figured out.

I am going to recommend that people stay near the airport. Hotel depends on what one really wants to spend. I would think there is stuff available in the $75/night range or perhaps a bit cheaper. Let me do some searching today.

For the Sunday round, I am thinking that we play somewhere else so everyone can experience 2 courses and also because we can set it up closer to where everyone I staying.

I'm down for a Sunday round

Texas Star, Bear Creek ? What are you thinking Cookie

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Texas Star, Bear Creek ? What are you thinking Cookie

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Not Bear Creek due to air traffic and likely not Texas Star due to cost. Really thinking about something at Grapevine Muni.

Off to look at hotels now, going to try and find something decent that is centrally located.

Not Bear Creek due to air traffic and likely not Texas Star due to cost. Really thinking about something at Grapevine Muni.

Off to look at hotels now, going to try and find something decent that is centrally located.

Cookie. If there is a Homewood Suites by Hilton anywhere around, they can technically sleep 3 instead of 2 because of the fold out couch if people are okay with it.

Cookie. If there is a Homewood Suites by Hilton anywhere around, they can technically sleep 3 instead of 2 because of the fold out couch if people are okay with it.

For those looking for something very cheap, basically clean with a bed here is a decent offering: http://www.motel6.com/reservations/...=/G6Maps/M6ProximityResults.aspx?searchtype=C

JB, there is one that would definitely work location wise and here is the link to it: http://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/e...by-hilton-ft-worth-bedford-FTWBFHW/index.html

ETA: these would put you about 25 miles north of the invitational course, 3-6 miles from the airport and centrally located in the metroplex.

Cookie - Is it mod possible to get the hotel info and other work you're doing moved into the 2nd post of the thread? That way its easy for people to find so everyone needing it can go to one spot and you only need to update one post? Maybe if its not possible in this thread, maybe reserving that spot going forward?

How close is colonial ? For the Sunday round ?

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

How close is colonial ? For the Sunday round ?

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

Haha, if you have the means to get on it is about 30 minutes from the hotels I linked!

Cookie - Is it mod possible to get the hotel info and other work you're doing moved into the 2nd post of the thread? That way its easy for people to find so everyone needing it can go to one spot and you only need to update one post? Maybe if its not possible in this thread, maybe reserving that spot going forward?

Sorry, missed this - let me see what I can do.

Hotel recommendations have been updated in the 6th post in this thread. I can also add it to the very first post if JB does not mind it in there.

I believe most are looking for just a place to crash for as cheap as possible while still being clean. If a nicer place is desired, one can definitely be recommended.

Back