2014 NFL Draft Contest

Because they made a kid's dream come true. Plus, they know that not picking Sam would be an easy way to avoid the circus.

Yet nobody commended the Browns for picking Manziel. I couldn't care less, just sayin.

Yet nobody commended the Browns for picking Manziel. I couldn't care less, just sayin.

Different type of circus.

I agree with you that Sam's sexual orientation isn't a big deal. But I'm not naive to think that it wasn't part of his draft evaluation.

Different type of circus.

I agree with you that Sam's sexual orientation isn't a big deal. But I'm not naive to think that it wasn't part of his draft evaluation.

That defensive front is stacked. If he doesn't get playing time or doesn't make the team how big is the outcry?

That defensive front is stacked. If he doesn't get playing time or doesn't make the team how big is the outcry?

Given the credibility of the Rams' head coach, none.

2014 NFL Draft Contest

Same reason I commended my Bolts on the Te'o pick last year, that they looked beyond the non football stuff and selected based on football talent.

Of course Te'o was hurt last year and invisible the rest of the year so i wished they used it on someone different... But if he's healthy him and D Butler should be solid.

Also, pretty excited about the potential of verrett, attaochu and carrethers to improve the d for next season as well.

Using Tapatalk

Same reason I commended my Bolts on the Te'o pick last year, that they looked beyond the non football stuff and selected based on football talent.

Of course Te'o was hurt last year and invisible the rest of the year so i wished they used it on someone different... But if he's healthy him and D Butler should be solid.

Also, pretty excited about the potential of verrett, attaochu and carrethers to improve the d for next season as well.

Using Tapatalk

Carrethers will be a stud.

stAte boys don't disappoint

Wow.

Wow.

That's surprising.

I've been out of commission who have the browns taken since round 2?

Wow.

AWESOME!

#boomersooner

I've been out of commission who have the browns taken since round 2?
Round 1, Pick 8 (8) (From Vikings)Justin GilbertCB6'0"202Oklahoma St.6.3
Pick Analysis: "Understand that (new head coach) Mike Pettine is a former defensive coordinator. He's used to having a shutdown cornerback. He's 6-foot, 202 pounds and ran a 4.37 (40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine). He's the prototype cornerback in today's NFL." -- Mike Mayock
Round 1, Pick 22 (22) (From Eagles)Johnny ManzielQB6'0"207Texas A&M6.1
Pick Analysis: "I give (general manager) Ray Farmer and (head coach) Mike Pettine a lot of credit. There's hope for the city of Cleveland. Johnny Manziel is going to bring his electrification to the city of Cleveland. The Browns have Brian Hoyer, and he was playing pretty well until he got hurt. Hoyer can be the bridge if the Browns need a bridge. I think, because of Manziel's style, that he can play Day 1. This kid can make plays with his arm and legs until he learns how to be a pocket quarterback." -- Mike Mayock
Round 2, Pick 3 (35)Joel BitonioOT6'4"302Nevada5.8
Pick Analysis: "Bitonio happens to be one of my favorite players in this draft. If you put tape on of him blocking Anthony Barr of UCLA, he's a first round pick; Bitonio shut Barr down. Barr is a powerful guy. He handled every athletic edge guy he faced. He's quicker than you think, with better feet than people think." -- Mike Mayock
Round 3, Pick 7 (71)Christian KirkseyOLB6'2"233Iowa5.2
Pick Analysis: "The Browns got a plan and they are not deviating from it. I think Kirksey can play inside or outside, and he'll play inside for the Browns. This is another good, solid pick for the Browns." -- Mike Mayock
Round 3, Pick 30 (94) (From 49ers)Terrance WestRB5'9"225Towson5.3
Pick Analysis: "Another big back with great feet. In the semifinal of FCS playoffs, in the snow, he had about as good a game as a running back can have. West is kinda like Carlos Hyde and Jeremy Hill. He's a big back with excellent feet. He catches the ball pretty well, too." -- Mike Mayock
Round 4, Pick 27 (127) (From Colts)Pierre DesirCB6'1"198Lindenwood5.3
Pick Analysis: "A small-school corner who showed up well at the all-star games. If he would have ran a little bit faster, you might have been looking at a second-round corner. It appears that the Browns are collecting speed. This is the second corner they've picked in this draft, but if you have two corners you need three and if you have three you need four." -- Daniel Jeremiah

See above...

Wow.

That's very surprising.

So who won the contest?

So who won the contest?

I expect we find out in the next few days since THP HQ has been busy with Love Is In The Air over the last 3-4 days.

Was a winner announced for this one yet?

No. We are about half way through the entries so far.

Any winner on this yet or did we all do so poorly THP canned the contest. Is this graded on a curve?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Any winner on this yet or did we all do so poorly THP canned the contest. Is this graded on a curve?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Tons of travel from THP HQ lately. I am sure the winner will be announced soon!

Back