2014 The Barclays (Spoilers)

Don't think he was a popular pick this week, but Tim Clark WD.

Got furyk and Todd doing ok for me then a few around 15th and then a big ol drop

the only guys moving up the leaderboard for me are guys who have yet to tee off

PARAMUS, N.J. -- Seung-Yul Noh was assessed one of the more rare two-stroke penalties during Friday's second round of The Barclays after playing his second shot on the 11th hole from the third green.

Noh hit his tee shot so far right on the par 4 that it landed on the putting surface of the adjacent hole. Apparently unaware he had to take a free drop, he played his next shot from the green.

Under USGA Rule 25-3, if a player's ball lies on a wrong putting green, he has to take relief and must drop within one club length not nearer the hole than the nearest point of relief. The nearest point of relief must also not be in a hazard or on a putting green.

A rules official saw Noh play the shot from the green and informed him of the penalty. Instead of a bogey, Noh was given a 7 on the hole.

"I've been out here 33 years," said Vice President of Rules and Competition Slugger White. "We have never seen this happen."

After Noh hit his shot, Noh's caddie retrieved the divot and tried to replace it but officials had to put a hole plug in the spot where Noh hit from.

http://www.pgatour.com/content/pgat...wo-stroke-penalty-for-hitting-from-green.html

dont all the groups have a rules official with them? All he had to do was ask right?

That's crayz!!! Comon I even know that rule!!!
PARAMUS, N.J. -- Seung-Yul Noh was assessed one of the more rare two-stroke penalties during Friday's second round of The Barclays after playing his second shot on the 11th hole from the third green.

Noh hit his tee shot so far right on the par 4 that it landed on the putting surface of the adjacent hole. Apparently unaware he had to take a free drop, he played his next shot from the green.

Under USGA Rule 25-3, if a player's ball lies on a wrong putting green, he has to take relief and must drop within one club length not nearer the hole than the nearest point of relief. The nearest point of relief must also not be in a hazard or on a putting green.

A rules official saw Noh play the shot from the green and informed him of the penalty. Instead of a bogey, Noh was given a 7 on the hole.

"I've been out here 33 years," said Vice President of Rules and Competition Slugger White. "We have never seen this happen."

After Noh hit his shot, Noh's caddie retrieved the divot and tried to replace it but officials had to put a hole plug in the spot where Noh hit from.

http://www.pgatour.com/content/pgat...wo-stroke-penalty-for-hitting-from-green.html

Wow...nice one Noh. :alien2:

As for my team...4 possibly will make the cut.

Bubba just got booed for laying up on a 270yd par 4. Booooooooooo

How about 8 birdies and a bogey from Stenson! Nice round but I can't find any recordings on the Web or otherwise? Too bad for us following the reigning FedEx cup champion..

unless Rory & Chesson make a move 50% of my team missed the cut :banghead:

Rory back to +1, hope he makes the cut. So many of us picked him this week it would be good to at least watch him play Saturday and Sunday.

Now Rors is back to even, don't count him out as yet.

And -1, glad to see the move.

Not sure what Phil was thinking on that last tee shot...... ehhhh

Hahah that was great Phil. Have a beer!

Phil playing from the hospitality venue...I love it!!!

This is awesome

The Phil chants were the best part hahaha

I can't stop laughing. Only Phil.

High fives, first bumps all around for Phil. He's just great

Loved it, that was awesome

Back