Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
There’s smoke.

110 million for 4 years to LIV.

His former caddie basically confirmed the offer has been made in a NY Times piece partially quoted in the tweet below:

• Staff
I won’t lie, I would watch just to see him swing it again, no matter how low my expectation would be.

Some legends never die!

• Staff
I’m all for fun and rumors. I thought AK was the next big thing back in the day.

This might make me watch LIV

Told my friends this might be the one thing that would get me to watch LIV

I won’t lie, I would watch just to see him swing it again, no matter how low my expectation would be.

Yep!!! 💯X

• Staff
I’m all for fun and rumors. I thought AK was the next big thing back in the day.
I mean, he was, and he delivered on it while he was playing.

I’m a bit eh but if he decides to cash in best of luck to him.

Paying $110 million for Anthony Kim would be the most LIV thing ever.

We might have to explain to the younger THPers what an 'Anthony Kim' is.

We might have to explain to the younger THPers what an 'Anthony Kim' is.
Oh no, even younger players know the legends…

My HS kids know who AK is, they’ve seen the legend on the YouTube’s 🤣

I am ALL IN on AK going to LIV.

Would definitely tune in to see him swing it

At this stage, he's sort of a mythical legend, so does he bother to come out of the wood work and change that perception?

I would imagine it depends on how much $ he gets from his insurance payout and if this offer blows that out of the water.

I assume he hasn't been playing or practicing, so he'd likely be pretty rough on course, especially under pressure and the eyes of the golfing world.

Saw that earlier this morning. I would actually tune in to a LIV event for the first time if he plays.

At this stage, he's sort of a mythical legend, so does he bother to come out of the wood work and change that perception?

I would imagine it depends on how much $ he gets from his insurance payout and if this offer blows that out of the water.

I assume he hasn't been playing or practicing, so he'd likely be pretty rough on course, especially under pressure and the eyes of the golfing world.
Rumor the last couple years has been the payout timeframe is almost concluded iirc.

I also believe he has been playing, just not on Tour as part of the insurance deal.

Saw that earlier this morning. I would actually tune in to a LIV event for the first time if he plays.
I think this is what most would do

There are occasional sightings....but a true AK playings? I would be all in.

AK seems pretty contempt to not play and also stay fairly anonymous. His legend grows with each story. I am split in wanting to watch him play or watch this golf Sasquatch thing he's got going continue to grow.

Back