2023 Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid

I was 3 for three with the 18 from the fairway today. Such a legit club. Hit a stinger under limbs 205 yards right in front of the green.

I was 3 for three with the 18 from the fairway today. Such a legit club. Hit a stinger under limbs 205 yards right in front of the green.
It really is a sleeper club. So many more need to try ut

Let a guy hit this at the range today. He was set on buying one until he looked at the price. He couldn't get close to the results he was getting with his FW but couldn't stomach paying "the extra $50"

Just packed up my bag for Victoria National next week. This is firmly in there and has given me the ability to take the second driver out of my bag.
The distance I am getting to go along with the straight lines and flight is something I am very much in awe of.
You hit this so well, that it had me pondering a bit. I don't need it, but it could be fun....

You hit this so well, that it had me pondering a bit. I don't need it, but it could be fun....
A blast. To me it’s a greatly overlooked club.

I had an Epic Super Hybrid in the last. This one looks even better.
I didn't get any time with the previous gen but this thing is fast off the face. I tested it early on against two hybrids at the same loft and length and it was close to a club longer off tee. The thing I noticed was how easy it was to launch. I added weight to the shaft with the LINQ Black and it is as safe as any club in my bag.

I've started to find some good form with the PSH 2 off the deck which is one of the biggest things I was hoping for. I've struggled with 3 woods (including high launch ones) off the deck but this is so much easier for my swing. One of the par 5s over the weekend was playing 550 yards directly into the wind. After a driver that spun up into the wind and was very short I flushed the PSH2 to leave a shorter 3rd into the green. It went farther off the deck than the spinny driver.

Todays smash: Par 4 350 yards... pulled this to avoid trouble right with the driver and had an 80 yard pitch shot left into the green. Flight was a very nice small draw. It seems to be the shot this club is going to give me. Makes me wonder if I should just accept the fate of my driver as a big high fade and rely on this club more often until I fix whatever driver woes I have developed

This was a surprise for me today with the PSH 2 which replaced my 3 wood. I struck it well off the tee but was still surprised at how far it went
20240416_162820.jpg

Great 3 wood replacement for those that struggle. I personally shallow out a little too much with fairway woods and start snapping hooks all over the place. I tried longer hybrids and got similar results and then finally got to try this. Fits exactly where i wanted it to from a ball speed and carry perspective. I'm probably going to adjust this a little weaker, but great ballspeed so far.

I will say that this will launch lower for me as it feels like the weight is pushed forward. Perfect for what I'm looking for out of it.

Attachments

• Resized_20240416_194159_1713364139554.jpeg
    Resized_20240416_194159_1713364139554.jpeg
    64.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Resized_20240416_194056_1713364139953.jpeg
    Resized_20240416_194056_1713364139953.jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 0
Rain session cut short today.. I was hitting this as far as my driver with my current trash swing

My last round I kept driver in the bag and played the PSH 2 off the tee and was happy with how well I hit it both off the tee and the fairway. I've gained so much confidence with it and am excited about putting it in play tomorrow!

I specifically got the 18 degree model as my fairway finder/DOD club. Not looking to hit it into greens, just looking for it to run.

I see a great deal on a 21 degree locally and was wondering if I'd be able to actually get a decent flight into par 5s with it. My numbers with the 18 degree are one post above. I feel like I'd get no spin or land angle but maybe I'm mistaken. (Fwiw, I'd be scared to loft it from 21 to 23 and close the face a lot. My miss is left)

I specifically got the 18 degree model as my fairway finder/DOD club. Not looking to hit it into greens, just looking for it to run.

I see a great deal on a 21 degree locally and was wondering if I'd be able to actually get a decent flight into par 5s with it. My numbers with the 18 degree are one post above. I feel like I'd get no spin or land angle but maybe I'm mistaken. (Fwiw, I'd be scared to loft it from 21 to 23 and close the face a lot. My miss is left)
It won’t close very much actually with the two way cog. I hit mine into greens at 15 degrees so I’m sure it will work.

I’ve got the 21 and so far even with a bad swing it’s forgiving and distance is good I’m really loving it you all got me wanting to try more of these

I continue to be impressed by the point and shoot nature of the super hybrid.

When we needed a good tee ball in the fairway at the WWGC this was the club I pulled. Such a solid sound and feel.

I continue to be impressed by the point and shoot nature of the super hybrid.

When we needed a good tee ball in the fairway at the WWGC this was the club I pulled. Such a solid sound and feel.
You hit this extremely well. I only pulled it a couple of times, but had similar results, when I was playing.
You put this way out there distance wise and it always seemed to fly straight for you.

You hit this extremely well. I only pulled it a couple of times, but had similar results, when I was playing.
You put this way out there distance wise and it always seemed to fly straight for you.
Too straight….even off side hill lies 🥲

Had about 250 to the front edge on 11 day 1. Was I think 260 to a way left pin that you can’t go at.

Perfect time for this. Hit a super hybrid rope that had such a pretty ball flight, carried about 245…right into a bunker. Sigh.

Had about 250 to the front edge on 11 day 1. Was I think 260 to a way left pin that you can’t go at.

Perfect time for this. Hit a super hybrid rope that had such a pretty ball flight, carried about 245…right into a bunker. Sigh.
Briggs gave zero friendly bounces….just ask @jdtox

I've had some swing issues lately but this and the Smoke hybrid have allowed me to find a swing I can play with on the course. The low loft of 15 degrees in a hybrid might be scary to some but it is rather easy to launch with a normal swing.

I didn't see a specific thread mentioning the Dart Blue hybrid shaft that comes stock with this club. I did switch it out as I prefer a heavier weight but I never got rid of the shaft. It worked well off deck but was really high off tee. I switched the shaft into the Ai Smoke hybrid and have not had any issues with the ball climbing or keeping it low.

What does everyone else think of this stock Dart Blue HB shaft?

Back