2023 Cobra KING TOUR, MB and CB Irons

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
You didn’t really think that Cobra Golf was done with the release of the new AEROJET lineup this week, did you? Not a chance, after all, you cannot forget the KING.

In a release which should garner a lot of excitement, Cobra is expanding their KING lineup of irons, bringing some siblings for their highly touted KING Forged TEC and Forged TEC X irons. Yes, this is the year that Cobra is going deep on more compact players style irons, debuting the new KING TOUR, KING CB, and KING MB irons.

Anyone else excited?

Continue reading...

I have been waiting to discuss these!!! Where to begin, where to begin?!

These may be the prettiest iron release this year.. I was dead set on thinking that was the srixon zx7s and they may still be, but these are freaking awesome...

The details of how the King Tour cavity varies by iron is neat. And I think they nailed the badging as others don't seem as smooth.

Love the details!!

Ohhh yeah!!

Anyone that knows me knows I've been waiting for this one. Years. And for me the story has turned out to be in the CB.

That thing is unexpectedly thicc.

20230108_143001.jpg

And I kinda dig it. It's been a lot easier to hit than I expected from the early pictures. It's pretty much the same sole width as the Tours, just with a little shorter blade length. Slims at the toe a bit and the shape reminds me of Forged Tec a bit.

20230108_143103.jpg

They all look great over the ball.

20230108_143133.jpg

KBS is back in a big way this year and stock $ Tapers flow set at 37.25" is something I can play pretty well right off the rack. I'm so for it!! Plus they're $100 cheaper than Tours 😛 I did a deeper dive into the lineup but haven't had a chance to upload it.

The Tours with just a little more help and at 32* should appeal to a lot of people. A bunch of ones I know. It has just a tad more offset and looks player but friendly. I cannot wait for people to try these and with Aerojet all the way down to the MB is a hell of a year to be a Morgan Cupper!!

Last edited:
I have been waiting to discuss these!!! Where to begin, where to begin?!

These may be the prettiest iron release this year.. I was dead set on thinking that was the srixon zx7s and they may still be, but these are freaking awesome...
Yep. This is what threw off my ZX7 MK II plans.

And who said it’s a Driver Year some of these irons

• Staff
You didn’t really think that Cobra Golf was done with the release of the new AEROJET lineup this week, did you? Not a chance, after all, you cannot forget the KING.

In a release which should garner a lot of excitement, Cobra is expanding their KING lineup of irons, bringing some siblings for their highly touted KING Forged TEC and Forged TEC X irons. Yes, this is the year that Cobra is going deep on more compact players style irons, debuting the new KING TOUR, KING CB, and KING MB irons.

Anyone else excited?

Continue reading...
You can’t forget about the King! 🔥

The Tour irons are 🔥

real good write up. The CB/MB combo set ability from Cobra has always looked so good! This year it continues.

Appreciate you taking the time to read it! Means a lot when people do!
Loved all the details on the manufacturing process and moving from MIM to the 5 step forging. Pretty darn cool

These look SOOO good. Yags had the CBs I believe in his bag at the MC'22. I was in full focus mode, so didn't ask to take a swing or two with them. I probably should have.

@Jman would you liken the King Tour to the T100s? Same body just a little stronger?

Those King Tours are beautiful. Love the detail they have gone into with these, and the explanation of the 5-step forging is very cool to read. Metallurgy is a pretty fascinating process.

These are some beautiful irons. The Internet golfer in me wants to try these even though there's no way I'll be playing them.

Back