2023 Cobra KING TOUR, MB and CB Irons

I need to spend some more time with these I think, really test them out for forgiveness

I don’t think I’ve hit a better feeling shot with an iron maybe ever.

IMG_8208.jpeg

I don’t think I’ve hit a better feeling shot with an iron maybe ever.

View attachment 9254288
Basketball Wives Reality Tv GIF by VH1

I started with an opportunity to buy the set from someone slightly used for a price I could not say no to. Then I thought wouldn’t be able to hit them so they say in the garage while I played the Aerojet OL. Then I took the 7i to the range one day because I wanted to prove to myself that I wasn’t where I needed to be to play these. Then I hit it surprisingly well. So next time I brought the entire set.

Then I took them out on the course one day just for fun. And I was shocked at how well I played them and the distance I was seeing. So I played them again and again. And finally, I decided to put some UST Mamiya Dart V shafts in. And how I have these beauties, all because I was curious. That’s how awesome these have been for me.

IMG_9446.jpeg

I started with an opportunity to buy the set from someone slightly used for a price I could not say no to. Then I thought wouldn’t be able to hit them so they say in the garage while I played the Aerojet OL. Then I took the 7i to the range one day because I wanted to prove to myself that I wasn’t where I needed to be to play these. Then I hit it surprisingly well. So next time I brought the entire set.

Then I took them out on the course one day just for fun. And I was shocked at how well I played them and the distance I was seeing. So I played them again and again. And finally, I decided to put some UST Mamiya Dart V shafts in. And how I have these beauties, all because I was curious. That’s how awesome these have been for me.

View attachment 9254345
Those are nice!!

View attachment 9254345
I picked up one of these when I was at the golf store this last weekend and was admiring how awesome they look. Made me want to look for some. Those look sharp. Dig the ferrules!!

View attachment 9254345
Hope you find a lot of enjoyment out of these and glad you took the leap and did not talk yourself out of em!

View attachment 9254345
They look great, love your choice on ferrules

View attachment 9254345
Those look so good!

And maybe that’s my path. I’ve kicked around picking up a single, just to see how it might go.

I sprayed the face of a couple of my CB's with foot powder to see where I was hitting them. All pretty consistent towards the toe. I started to set up with the ball more towards the heel and boy did that make a difference. I was hitting the center of the clubface in my round yesterday and these things were better than before! I played with a guy that was just flat out better than me and he asked to look at my irons. He said I should be a lower handicap the way I was hitting them. I liked that guy. :ROFLMAO:

Got a few swings on the Tour’s finally thanks to @jdtox this week and hit them quite well on the range.

Sound/feel is way better in these for me than I got out of the CB’s, no click here, which is of course because of design with the dampening and such.

The soles are def wider than I usually play, but I’m more intrigued than ever.

Sound/feel is way better in these for me than I got out of the CB’s, no click here, which is of course because of design with the dampening and such.
I know the one shot @jdtox had on that par 3 that made it to YouTube sounded very very good.

been trying to read through this whole thread haha but thought I would just ask, Anyone have some direct comparison/ feedback to the Cobra Tour vs i230 or PXG 0317T?

thanks!

I'm glad I saw this. I think this pretty much solidifies what my thoughts are for the Morgan Cup.

I'm glad I saw this. I think this pretty much solidifies what my thoughts are for the Morgan Cup.
Feel is so player dependent I’m the exact opposite. I think the cb feel way better lol

been trying to read through this whole thread haha but thought I would just ask, Anyone have some direct comparison/ feedback to the Cobra Tour vs i230 or PXG 0317T?

thanks!
I had 230s, the tours are same forgiveness in a way better looking and feeling package

I went and hit a few shots with these and have some thoughts.

First they look great. Like a players CB. Sound and feel a little different than I am used to. I’d say softer and quieter.

First impression is that it feels like it surprisingly forgiving for it size. Thin or toe misses got away with a lot more than I felt like it should.

Was seeing 118 ball speed with the 7. Launch was high off the mat and spin was 6k with Chrome Tour. Not sure how accurate Trackman is with the spin.

Only shaft option they had to try was Dynamic Gold. Not my favorite. I do think I would like PX in these like every other set I’ve played. Will need to try KBS Tour and $-taper to see which I like better. I’ll try to demo again soon.

Back