2024 Better You Fitness Thread

But, just remember how good you will finish when you complete it!
Yeah, I am definitely doing it. I have a 3 pm meeting so I have about 15 minutes to waffle on starting it. Given my history I have it up on the TV and I wait starting it and then I just hit the go button and I don't have a choice but to have my shoes on within a minute. Soon enough.

Today was @MWard favorite day

Legs - and it was a GRUELING one.
Mine was arms and about 10min of elliptical. My left quad hurts at the base of it, likely from overuse. I can assure all of you though, it was not from a leg day.

Interesting question for y'all gym rats (I used to be but since getting a bike in the apartment I do stuff at home with weights and my resistance bands)...
Do you generally workout at the same time each day?
I like 430pm better but the program I have been in for 12 weeks is at 6pm. Leaves an odd amount of time after work before the gym and pushes dinner later than I like...

Running in Pittsburgh is much different than running in Florida.

Interesting question for y'all gym rats (I used to be but since getting a bike in the apartment I do stuff at home with weights and my resistance bands)...
I try to keep the same window, but it can vary day to day. Nothing like an 8pm workout after eating dinner 🤢

Deadlifts tonight. Snappy single.

Dinner time.

Yes. Only way it works for me. Alarm goes off at 445 I am at the gym by 510

I try to keep the same window, but it can vary day to day. Nothing like an 8pm workout after eating dinner 🤢
Lawd. I wouldn't be able to fall asleep until very late!

This week:
Monday: mobility and stretching 4-4:30 pm
Tuesday: Lift/golf workout 10:11:15 am
Wednesday: Range in the afternoon (weather permitting)
Thursday: Golf workout 3:30-4:45 pm
Friday: off

Late afternoons except on coaching gamedays (today and Friday) are probably my best shot at being consistent.

Lawd. I wouldn't be able to fall asleep until very late!

This week:
Monday: mobility and stretching 4-4:30 pm
Tuesday: Lift/golf workout 10:11:15 am
Wednesday: Range in the afternoon (weather permitting)
Thursday: Golf workout 3:30-4:45 pm
Friday: off

Late afternoons except on coaching gamedays (today and Friday) are probably my best shot at being consistent.
It’s fiiinneee.

Today is chest day, and I’m not stopping till failure on sets.

Ok, going to bang out my workout early. I've got meetings pretty much all day from 10 on. Just finished a 3-round KB Circuit. Have a 45 Hiit and Hill ride queued up and a 15-minute Tabata bookmarked as an extra 15 if that isn't enough.

Finished an 8 week program recently. I built a new 5-day weight program and started it a couple weeks ago. 10 weeks in total and then I'm going to do a 10 week cut.

Things are happening. I feel a lot stronger than I have in a long time.

I got my road bike off the indoor trainer, put the outdoor tires back on, and it's time to get back to it out on the streets.

I also want to get a new bike rack so I can take the hybrid out on more trails this year.

Woke up this morning and stretched, boy that was a bad idea. Chest is reekkktttt

I got my road bike off the indoor trainer, put the outdoor tires back on, and it's time to get back to it out on the streets.

I also want to get a new bike rack so I can take the hybrid out on more trails this year.
Get a Kuat rack, best on the market.

Woke up this morning and stretched, boy that was a bad idea. Chest is reekkktttt
Stretching is always the best though. Back day yesterday and I wouldnt be moving right now if I didnt roll the back out and stretch this morning.

I had presses and close grip bench presses last night. I did some lateral raises too. So, I have that going for me. That's nice.

Get a Kuat rack, best on the market.
We've a hitch-mounted Kuat rack. Terrific bit of kit.

Anyway...

No lifting for me for another 3-1/2 weeks due to surgery. So I'm on a calorie deficit and I'm walking. Week 2 following the surgery I worked up to 10K/day, which is about five miles for me. Once I could do that comfortably I added 11 lbs. via my weight vest. Once I was back up to five miles with that for a couple days I added another 4 lbs. I'll have to stop at 19 lbs. until my lifting restriction is lifted.

Had the post-op followup exam this morning. I can resume swing training the end of next week. Yay!
banana.gif

We've a hitch-mounted Kuat rack. Terrific bit of kit.

Anyway...

No lifting for me for another 3-1/2 weeks due to surgery. So I'm on a calorie deficit and I'm walking. Week 2 following the surgery I worked up to 10K/day, which is about five miles for me. Once I could do that comfortably I added 11 lbs. via my weight vest. Once I was back up to five miles with that for a couple days I added another 4 lbs. I'll have to stop at 19 lbs. until my lifting restriction is lifted.

Had the post-op followup exam this morning. I can resume swing training the end of next week. Yay!
banana.gif
Carry a heavy price tag, but damn they are so efficient. When people are in the shop and see the price tag, typically it's a shock, but showing someone how easy they are to use makes it an easier sale.

Full body pull strength today

Stumbled and fell of the box after Jump 8 in the 2nd set... Not very gracefully either. But no harm done, popped up, brushed myself off and did 2 more, then continued with the workout. Went a little more deliberate with Sets 3 & 4... haha.
2nd half of workout kicked my butt. 20 barbell squat jumps, 20 yard walking lunges out (I hold a 15lb plate over my head), 20 air squats, 20 yard walking lunges back, & 20 Hollow Rocks. Do it all twice.

Some volume squats tonight. 4x5 @ 85% of next week's top set. Did some back deload bench presses, 3x3 @ 80%. Did some dumbbell rows to close.

Full body push strength day .
Heavy squats
Heavy bench
Heavy press
Bulgarian
Dips

Week 2 of new program. Day 5/5 completed. I built this day to be easier than it turned out to be.

I am happy to report that the knee exercises @Joshnoble01 recommended have really had a positive impact on my ability to do lower body work without pain.

Week 2 of new program. Day 5/5 completed. I built this day to be easier than it turned out to be.

I am happy to report that the knee exercises @Joshnoble01 recommended have really had a positive impact on my ability to do lower body work without pain.
What was it? I’m game for anything for a week or two.

Back