2024 Callaway Golf Bags

BigMac

#LLTG!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
In keeping with their motto of "Demonstrably Superior, Pleasingly Different", Callaway has raised the bar for golf bags in 2024 with an exciting and excellent lineup.

Team Legacy was introduced to the new product lines at The Grandaddy in December of 2023, with a presentation by Austin Tudor (@AT_CG), Manager of Product Marketing for Performance Goods. The lineup we were introduced to consists of the Fairway 14, Fairway +, Fairway C, Fairway C HD, and the Par 3.

New features for 2024 include:

- Shaft Shield™ top - This new bag top is constructed of a soft rubber coating, as opposed to the hard plastic with mesh/fabric coating found on most bag tops. Callaway subjected the Shaft Shield™ top to testing consisting of 10,000 club drops into the bag. The mesh/fabric tops were shredded, exposing the hard plastic beneath, while the Shaft Shield™ remained fully intact. The Shaft Shield™ top is a feature on all bags in the 2024 Callaway product lines.

- Lowrider 2.0™ technology - The mounting point for the legs is 2 inches lower than previous versions, allowing for a better, more secure fit on push carts and riding carts. The Lowrider 2.0™ is a feature on the Fairway 14 and Fairway + bags.

- Integrated Flex Pod™ base - Featured on all stand bags, this redesigned, flexible base creates more reliable deployment of the legs on angled/uneven surfaces, while not interfering with the use of the bags on push carts or riding carts.

- Anamatic™ Strap System - Featured on all stand bags including the Par 3, this new strap system is an automatic and anatomic fitting strap which contours to the golfer's shoulders and pairs with a 4-point molded puck for ease of adjustability and carry comfort. Team Legacy members got to try this system out and found it very comfortable and highly adaptable to different body sizes and shapes, requiring little to no adjustment for a good fit.

(photos below courtesy of Callaway Golf website)
Fairway14.png

The Fairway 14 is a hybrid stand bag weighing 6 pounds, with a 14-way top and 10 pockets including a rapid access pocket and an oversized cooler pocket. It has an oversized, thicker hip pad for added comfort while carrying, and a cart strap pass through for a secure fit on carts which doesn't interfere with access to the bag pockets. The Fairway 14 features a removable front pocket to allow for personalization options. MAP for the Fairway 14 is $279.99, and the initial release will have 7 men's colorways and 2 women's colorways, with several more options scheduled for release later in 2024.

Fairway Plus.png

The Fairway + is a hybrid stand bag weighing 5 pounds, with a 5-way top and 10 pockets including dual side mesh pockets and internal pockets. It features an oversized, thicker hip pad for added comfort while carrying, and a cart strap pass through. The Fairway + also features a removable front pocket to allow for personalization. MAP for the Fairway + is $259.99, and the initial release will feature 8 men's colorways and one women's colorway.

Fairway C.png

The Fairway C is a carry bag weighing 4 pounds, with a 4-way top and 8 pockets including a cooler lined drink pocket and internal pockets. It features an oversized, thicker hip pad for added comfort while carrying, and a removable front pocket to allow for personalization. MAP for the Fairway C is $229.99 and the initial release will feature 11 men's colorways and 2 women's colorways.

Fairway C HD.png

The Fairway C HD is a water-resistant version of the Fairway C, with full seam seal construction on all pockets to repel moisture. It features an EVA hip pad and straps, 9 pockets including dual mesh side pockets and internal pockets. MAP for the Fairway C HD is $279.99.

Par 3.png

The Par 3 bag is a small, light "Sunday bag". Weighing just 3 pounds, it has 6 pockets including a split zip apparel pocket, internal pockets, a cinch closure mesh pocket and a cell phone sleeve. Dubbed "the Corgi" because of its short stand legs, it has a 3-way top. MAP for the Par 3 is $169.99, with 4 colorways available.

All of the 2024 bags are available as of 02/07/24 on the Callaway Golf website, as well as through retail channels.

Last edited:
Rewind to December 4th, 2023. We walk into media presentations at Callaway Golf HQ for The Grandaddy and are met with 15 brand new customized golf bags. The very first SWAG the team sees on the entire trip, the first item we are taking pictures of so we can share them with everyone at home…. but there is a catch. Those bags have not been announced yet. And they are not getting announced until a date in February. That date is today!
That bag was the 2024 Fairway+ from Callaway Golf.

Blue, White, emblazoned with the iconic Grandaddy G, and our forum names stitched on the ball pocket. That first real moment when you realize what all is happening around you.

20231204_155150.jpg20231204_155158.jpg20231206_073057.jpg20231206_081431.jpg

While at ECPC the next day, we ended up in the Performance Gear presentation with Austin Tudor as our first station. Austin was super passionate about all of the bags, and I couldn’t help but feel really fortunate to be in the boardroom hearing about all the gear first hand.

We covered so much information on the entire bag lineup, it was honestly a bit overwhelming. Bags like the Fairway+, the Fairway 14 (14 way bag), the Par 3 bag (lovingly nicknamed the Corgi on account of its short legs), all with incredible looking colorways, coming in at very low weights, jam-packed with all sorts of features. Waterproof options and lightweight options, multiple divider options, tons of features all around. So many great looking color combinations, and different styling options for the men and the women. Across the entire lineup, there are so many options to choose from.
20240203_094442.jpg

I've been looking at them in hand some lately. I've never been a big fan of some of theirs but I definitely think they're improved. And the Shaft Shield looks good. It's not a feature that jumps out at the average buyer but it's nice.

Rewind to December 4th, 2023. We walk into media presentations at Callaway Golf HQ for The Grandaddy and are met with 15 brand new customized golf bags. The very first SWAG the team sees on the entire trip, the first item we are taking pictures of so we can share them with everyone at home…. but there is a catch. Those bags have not been announced yet. And they are not getting announced until a date in February. That date is today!

Blue, White, emblazoned with the iconic Grandaddy G, and our forum names stitched on the ball pocket. That first real moment when you realize what all is happening around you.

View attachment 9241195View attachment 9241196View attachment 9241197View attachment 9241198

While at ECPC the next day, we ended up in the Performance Gear presentation with Austin Tudor as our first station. Austin was super passionate about all of the bags, and I couldn’t help but feel really fortunate to be in the boardroom hearing about all the gear first hand.

We covered so much information on the entire bag lineup, it was honestly a bit overwhelming. Bags like the Fairway+, the Fairway 14 (14 way bag), the Par 3 bag (lovingly nicknamed the Corgi on account of its short legs), all with incredible looking colorways, coming in at very low weights, jam-packed with all sorts of features. Waterproof options and lightweight options, multiple divider options, tons of features all around. So many great looking color combinations, and different styling options for the men and the women. Across the entire lineup, there are so many options to choose from.
View attachment 9241199
🔥 Awesome!! That 1st picture is so badass and those look really good.

Bags!!

How do you improve on a bag that is already very popular? You strip it back, address the things people wanted improved, improve the things that were already great, test the heck out of it, and don’t stop until you have it exactly how you want it.
20240203_094442.jpg

Let’s talk about some features now that we can finally discuss the bags!!!

The Fairway+ features a 5-way top with Shaft Shield rubberized dividers that Callaway tested (and tested and tested and tested) to make sure it would hold up to the rigors of thousands of clubs being rubbed against it.
20240204_194657.jpg
Lowrider 2.0 Top that helps ensure your bag is stable on pushcart and golf cart. Legs that have been lowered, so they do not interfere with the mounting points on said carts.
20240203_094458.jpg
A 3D Molded Puck that simplifies getting the bag into the right position when on your shoulders. Put your arms in, and in seconds the bag can be adjusted to a fit that is comfortable and keeps your clubs from spilling out.
20240203_094609.jpg

A hip pad and bag straps with ample padding. Color matched to the panels on the bag, not only do they bring a great pop of color but are ridiculously comfortable.

The base of the bag, is not a regular stand bag base. Callaway has an integrated “Flex Pod” base, which has really combined the best of both worlds.
  • First off, a solidly constructed base, with the triggering mechanism for the legs, has really been thought out well to protect the mechanism, but also give a lot of support for when mounted on pushcarts.
  • The base itself though, I do not know that I have ever owned a stand bag that I have had so little concern about a fully loaded bag falling over. I tend to stand my bag upright if I am at the simulator, or when loading/unloading into vehicles, and the stability that the bag has when upright is incredibe20240204_194727.jpg
The legs themselves, having been lowered to allow for the Lowrider 2.0 system, may look a bit different initially, but as soon as the legs are deployed are incredibly stable.
20240203_094508.jpg20240203_094522.jpg

Those are the big features, but what about the smaller details? Well let us get into it then.
  • Pass through sections of the bag so that cart straps don’t interfere with accessing pockets.
  • Pockets for all your goodies. Valuables pocket with a handy little strap inside to attach your keys to (or whatever you want to attach to it).
  • Towel ring. Sure, it might sound like a feature that is common, but love the addition of a solid metal ring to loop the towel into (instead of an elastic loop or something like that)
  • Really solid handles at the top of the bag, multiple different grab points on the top, and study handles on the body of the bag as well as near the bottom of the bag under the ball pockets.
  • Fully removable panel on the ball pocket, for all your customization wants/needs
  • Pen holder and Velcro glove attachment point
  • Color coded strap buckles (a little thing, but well thought out)
  • Cord pulls on all the zippers
  • Really premium and durable feeling materials across the lbag lineups

Screenshot_20240207_233718_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240207_233725_Chrome.jpg

IMG_6341.jpegWe can finally discuss these. 😍 I am about to go to bed and will discuss more tomorrow, but real quick:

*I love the soft rubber top on dividers.
*The color options in various lineups have multiple that I like.
*the straps are comfortable to carry
*high quality zippers
*plenty of storage
*stand bag works great, but it will also stand without using the legs.

I was very impressed with the presentation. They think of the smallest things. Example: I have lost a few weather spann gloves using the Velcro on my old golf bag. It just doesn’t take much for a glove to fall off my old one. Callaway uses a high quality Velcro and no worries about my glove falling off. They even let me test the different gloves with bags during presentation.

I don’t know that I will ever be able to adequately describe what I felt seeing the bags lined up before the presentation at Callaway HQ

IMG_6344.jpeg

Last edited:
All members of Team Legacy were given a Fairway + bag at The Grandaddy, in the White/Cobalt Blue colorway. When we arrived at Callaway Headquarters on Monday night, we were greeted by the sight of all our bags lined up in a row, the front pockets embroidered with the Grandaddy "G" and our forum names:

Image 1.JPG

Image 2.JPG

Image 3.JPG

We played the Fairway + bags for two days at The Grandaddy, then eagerly awaited them (and our clubs) being sent to us at home in the beginning of January. Construction of these bags is excellent - the materials and zippers are sturdy and high quality, and the Anamatic™ Strap System is very comfortable and adjusts automatically. The material used in the Shaft Shield™ bag tops protects your shafts from damage, and the bag has full-length internal dividers to help minimize club tangle.

The Fairway + bag fits well on a pushcart - I used it for several rounds on my Clicgear. While the FlexPod Base™ provides easy, secure deployment of the bag's legs, it doesn't interfere or cause inadvertent deployment when used on a push cart.

For me, one of the biggest/best changes Callaway made this year was the smaller valuables pocket on the side of the bag. In previous years these pockets were huge, I could reach into them almost clear to my elbow, and the lining was a thin material which felt flimsy and offered little protection for things like phones, watches, etc. The pocket on the Fairway + is smaller (while still being large enough for phones, wallets, etc.), and the interior lining is a softer, more protective material.

The legs feel sturdy when deployed and are stable even on uneven surfaces. The Lowrider 2.0™ technology allows the bag to fit well on push carts and sit securely in place, and the strap pass-through on the side of the bag opposite the hip pad allows the bag to be strapped securely without interfering with pocket access.

The features of the Fairway + should make it a very popular choice for golfers who divide their time between walking/carrying and using push carts or motorized carts.

Last edited:

View attachment 9241195View attachment 9241196View attachment 9241197View attachment 9241198

View attachment 9241199
That is epic!! All those bags lined up like that hits so hard!!

Perfect colour combo, in my opinion. Give me the Fairway14 in white/blue combo and it’d be an insta-buy.

That is epic!! All those bags lined up like that hits so hard!!

Perfect colour combo, in my opinion. Give me the Fairway14 in white/blue combo and it’d be an insta-buy.
You mean like this?

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 2.06.21 AM.png

I figured I would give you guys a video look at the Fairway +

Features in the video

Fairway + Bag
Adjustable 4 strap system with molded puck for quick adjustments
Lowrider 2.0 Technology making the bag easier for pushcarts and golf carts
Flex Pod base- Provides stability on various surfaces while allowing quick transition to stand bag
Shaft Shield- A system feature on all 2024 Callaway bags creating a divider system to protect the bag and your shafts from club drops. This was tested with thousands of club drops
IMG_3167.jpegIMG_3883.jpegIMG_3884.jpegIMG_3885.jpegIMG_3886.jpeg

I'm seeing on some sites other "2024" branded Callaway bags, but I assume those are just new colorways and not new designs. Have a Fairway 14 sitting in my shopping cart, waiting to pull the trigger...

The bags look fantastic and I appreciate the early thoughts you guys provided!

The whole bag lineup is on 🔥 and the GD bags are just sick. What a great combo with either set of Headcovers. That blue is very sharp.

Those bags look absolutely fantastic. Interesting to see the new tech and thoughts that go into them.

It’s bag time!!!!

These bags look fantastic. Really big fan of how the top handle by the club heads is designed.

I figured I would give you guys a video look at the Fairway +

Features in the video

Fairway + Bag
Adjustable 4 strap system with molded puck for quick adjustments
Lowrider 2.0 Technology making the bag easier for pushcarts and golf carts
Flex Pod base- Provides stability on various surfaces while allowing quick transition to stand bag
Shaft Shield- A system feature on all 2024 Callaway bags creating a divider system to protect the bag and your shafts from club drops. This was tested with thousands of club drops
View attachment 9241216View attachment 9241217View attachment 9241218View attachment 9241219View attachment 9241220

Man. These bags are very well done! Love the blue and white!

@BigMac and @Just_Brad great write ups.

Just some quick thoughts while I'm waking up. I'm so happy that they figured out how to keep the bag from moving or rotating in the cart. You strap it in one way and after driving a hole or two you bag has done a 180, not anymore with this bag. I made a comment about it at The Grandaddy that I should have had to adjusted the bag a handful of times by now, but nope was still perfectly in place.

The other thing I really like is when I pick up the bag when the legs are extended, they snap up with some power. They are not slow to get back into place and they don't sag. The 2 year old Sun Mountain I have, I have to assist the legs up all way after picking it up and it's very annoying.

The valuables pocket is really nice too compared to the SM, the Sm is very tight to try and get my hand in and barely fit my wallet and keys. The new Fairway + is really great that there is definitely plenty of room and I don't have to squeeze my hand into the pocket.

The base and the strap puck are awesome. I don't recall a stand bag being so stable when the legs are not extended, very well done. The puck is great as it's just that additional feature that makes the straps that much more comfortable when carrying around.

I've been looking at them in hand some lately. I've never been a big fan of some of theirs but I definitely think they're improved. And the Shaft Shield looks good. It's not a feature that jumps out at the average buyer but it's nice.
It may not jump out at you but you definitely start to think about it. I’ve noticed from other bags the shafts of my golf clubs getting scratched up. So far with the Fairway+ Shaft Shield I have not noticed any of that. To some this will be a unique feature me included.

Great job by the guys getting this thread up and the info out.

My impressions-

- Love the lowrider 2.0 tech. There’s zero concerns with these on a cart or push cart. The legs are low enough they don’t interfere with the collar of the cart that holds it in place. This means the bag doesn’t move in a cart and most importantly the bottom doesn’t over time move out of place

47BA522C-0969-4EF6-81BD-EFF5BB4CB189.jpeg

- The flex closures for water bottles. Definitely not a new tech but so cleverly applied. Callaway is using material like you would see on wristbands that are straight and you slap on your wrists and they curl around. It works incredibly well to keep the pocket slim and next to the bag when not I use and super easy to open and use. These are on the cart bags and 14 way.

- Hockey puck system. I wasn’t a believer of this until we go t to try them and put it on. They work so well! The bag auto adjusts and sits comfortably whether the bag is full or not.

IMG_8893.jpeg

A few more pics showing what it’s like full and in carts

IMG_8895.jpeg

IMG_8673.jpeg

IMG_8890.jpeg

IMG_8570.jpeg

Finally we can talk about these beautiful bags! I want to first say I feel like I have yet in my career to have a bag I have been impressed with…. Up until this bag showed up. The bag is not something you ever want to have to think about or worry about being a pain in the butt….. does it carry weird? Does it not stay up, do the legs come out funky or not come out like they are suppose to? Do the bags shift on the cart a bunch during the round…..

Well @AT_CG and his team thought about pretty much everything with these bags.
Things that really stood out with this bag so far for me:

The strap system… it has the puck to make so the bag doesn’t sit weird on your shoulders and can adjust to pretty much any size or shape of a human. The strap itself has plenty of padding and comfortable padding, a low key feature that actually is so nice is the top of the should strap is cut in if you can see from the picture below and so it doesn’t ride up your neck. this is a small thing that you don’t always think about until your walking and it keeps rubbing your neck.
IMG_0686.jpeg
Next is the standing mechanisms. I have never had a bag so stable especially a carry bag, when it is full of clubs and balls. Most bags you stand without the legs and it wants to lean or fall to one side…. As of now i have not seen that happen… I stand it up without the legs and it’s stable as could be.
Then you have the lowrider feature. This is such an underrated feature to the bag… the legs do not get in the way when it gets put on to a cart or a push cart. This is the best a bag has ever fit on to a cart for me. Then the best a bag has fit and strapped into my push cart also. When we played at the Hideaway, it wasn’t something your noticed until someone pointed out but you did not hear your bag cling around and shift the entire round unless you hit a massive bump .. the clubs would rattle a little but the bag wouldn’t not shift around at all. The bag is so stable when it is strapped in to a cart it’s wild.

IMG_0688.jpeg
The dividers… the rubber dividers are so good at keeping your clubs from moving and shifting around and the added protection from not wearing out and possibly hurting the shafts of your clubs is so clutch.

One thing AT said was that the bag is something you should not have to think about during your round, it should not take away from it. I think the hit a home run with these and if you are in the market for a new bag… do not overlook these. I will add more throughout the year as I use it more but for now just know I love this bag.

Last edited:
Great looking bags and absolutely love the Shaft Shield innovation!

Back