2024 Cleveland HB SOFT 2 Putters Review

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
As an absolute student (read: addict) of putters and putter design, I have been screaming from the mountain tops about the HB Soft and HB Milled lineups for years now. While yes, they have long been the best bang for your buck when it comes to putters, the bigger story for me has always been their performance and sound/feel punching well above their weight class.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Fan of the Retreve look, liked the Fetch design when it first came out.

I'm a fan of the look of the HB soft milled putters, really like the look of the Retreve. Wish they had kept the all-in option going.

Yes, bummer on the loss of the all-in but man are these clean! So glad they went away from some of the ”stuff” that cluttered some of the heads shapes of the prior SOFT release.

This one will get a roll for sure from me
1705577442927.png

I will also be curious how this one swings, always been drawn to that shape

1705578166915.png

Fan of the Retreve look, liked the Fetch design when it first came out.

I second the looks of the retreve. That shape looks great. The fact it gets the ball out of the cup is a bonus, but likely something I wouldn’t do. The milling on the face looks great and this is a VERY reasonably priced putter!!!

Great write up @Jman

Nice write up @Jman

Still no face balanced non center shafted double wide in this line up, which is a bugger. I can get it in the OG HB Soft Milled though.

Nice write up @Jman

Still no face balanced non center shafted double wide in this line up, which is a bugger. I can get it in the OG HB Soft Milled though.
I too was hoping for an 8 model when the opening started talking about clean alignment

I am still rolling my HB Soft Milled - great putter. These look sweet and at a great price.

I love that RETREVE shape. Good stuff here @Jman! I think the biggest talking point here is that Cleveland has a specific milling pattern for each head. I guess with other clubs getting individually optimized faces, bringing that tech to putters was inevitable.

IMG_1436.jpeg

IMG_1437.jpeg

First of all, great pictures and writing, @Jman

Wow at $149. That's all I have to say about that. For how these look (and I'm sure for how they feel), how do you get much better than that?

Love the "dual flange-line alignment" on the 11. I was looking at it and wondered wth it was called, so it pleased me greatly to see you name it lol.

How'd the Retriever compare in feel/balance to the 11? The absence of mass behind the striking area is just something I'm curious about.

$149 is such an absurd price point for these compared to where the market is. Crazy value.

The HB Milled Soft putters are crazy good and that price is astounding.

I'll give the #11 a roll. I have played a W/S Bucktown for a few years. I like the price/value/perfomance story here as well.

Gimmie that retrieve with a slant neck and I’m down haha

First of all, great pictures and writing, @Jman

Wow at $149. That's all I have to say about that. For how these look (and I'm sure for how they feel), how do you get much better than that?

Love the "dual flange-line alignment" on the 11. I was looking at it and wondered wth it was called, so it pleased me greatly to see you name it lol.

How'd the Retriever compare in feel/balance to the 11? The absence of mass behind the striking area is just something I'm curious about.
The bang for the buck is insane.

The Elevado (it’ll always be that to me, not 11) is much more plush/full feeling at impact for sure. The RETREVE isn’t bad, but it’s a little “hot” feeling, if that makes sense.

The bang for the buck is insane.

The Elevado (it’ll always be that to me, not 11) is much more plush/full feeling at impact for sure. The RETREVE isn’t bad, but it’s a little “hot” feeling, if that makes sense.
It does. I'm still not at the point I need a retriever, but it's an interesting shape that might offer some other benefits.

It does. I'm still not at the point I need a retriever, but it's an interesting shape that might offer some other benefits.
I removed a whole section on my feelings about people putting their putter inside a cup to get the ball 🤣😜

Love me some Cleveland soft putters! Sad they aren’t offering the all-in as a standard option this go around.

Cleveland and their putters have continued to be criminally underrated. At an attractive price point for today's putter market, you would think these would get more attention that they do. I like how they are keeping the lines simple and clean while still bringing some technology advancements. The S.O.F.T. face is legit and the few times I have tested it out I cam away impressed with the distance away from center.

Thanks @Jman for the write and the details.

Back