2024 Cleveland HB SOFT 2 Putters Review

Nice write up @Jman and great photos.
Bet you had a great time testing them!

For the price, they sure look like they present the best "Maximum for your Dollar" option out there.

I'll give the #11 a roll. I have played a W/S Bucktown for a few years. I like the price/value/perfomance story here as well.
The 11 (Elevado) out 7’s the 7. Right @ddec ?

I will add, having worked with both lines, the fit, form, feel and finish here is superior to the Infinite line in every way.

$149??? Really? Damn…

That price point is ridiculous! I do love a Cleveland putter, and that Retreve is screaming at me. These look great, love the design and clean lines.

2024-HB-SOFT-2-Putters-11.jpg

This has me giddy. It's just about everything I didnt like about the T-Frame, combined with everything I love in a putter. And even though the T-Frame had it's flaws, it was so close to perfect for me it was absurd.

Larger mallet, but not too big, perfect alignment aides that frame the ball. Completely enclosed frame on the back of the putter. I am quickly obsessed with this one.

Price point makes it even sweeter.

Now you're talking !! $150 is really a good deal (vs. $1800 Toulon)
Other than both being putters, they’re aimed at totally different things. Options are fun, no matter the price.

2024-HB-SOFT-2-Putters-11.jpg

This has me giddy. It's just about everything I didnt like about the T-Frame, combined with everything I love in a putter. And even though the T-Frame had it's flaws, it was so close to perfect for me it was absurd.

Larger mallet, but not too big, perfect alignment aides that frame the ball. Completely enclosed frame on the back of the putter. I am quickly obsessed with this one.

Price point makes it even sweeter.
It’s funny but I thought about you when I unboxed it. “This is a Beags putter”.

It’s funny but I thought about you when I unboxed it. “This is a Beags putter”.
I mean, it really is. It combines so many putters that I have rolled well in to one for me.

I see a #7, T-Frame and TM Ghost Corza all wrapped up in to one.

The 11 (Elevado) out 7’s the 7. Right @ddec ?

I will add, having worked with both lines, the fit, form, feel and finish here is superior to the Infinite line in every way.
from the moment they released it.

@Jman -how does this compare to the original Huntington Beach models in terms of feel? Love the looks of the original but I found the original to be almost too soft in terms of feel.

@Jman -how does this compare to the original Huntington Beach models in terms of feel? Love the looks of the original but I found the original to be almost too soft in terms of feel.
It’ll be very similar imo, which that soft feel is what a lot of people seek out, and a side effect of having so much surface area NOT touching the ball at impact.

They strayed for a while, but brought it back to clean.
they did, I also feel like the #7 stepped up it's game a little too in some releases. But once again, Cleveland does what they do...make an attractive putter, that feels good, and doesn't cost an arm and leg.

I have an HB Soft #11. It's a close race whether I'm better with it than my Taylormade Spider Tour. The only reason I think I prefer the TM is due to it's heavier head weight. If the putter is too lightweight, I make these very pretty figure 8 patterns with my stroke.

But I agree 1000% that the Clevelands are the best value in a putter anywhere on the market.

For that matter, one of my sets includes some Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo irons, an all hybrid set. Compared to the performance of most other game improvement iron sets, Cleveland wins again.

These have been the best value in putters since they were released. I personally did find the deep milling to provide a soft feel just as they advertise but It wasn't for me. This finish looks very clean and some good looking head shapes.

No LH 11s, slant neck give me the :cry:

they did, I also feel like the #7 stepped up it's game a little too in some releases. But once again, Cleveland does what they do...make an attractive putter, that feels good, and doesn't cost an arm and leg.
Absolutely.

I have an HB Soft #11. It's a close race whether I'm better with it than my Taylormade Spider Tour. The only reason I think I prefer the TM is due to it's heavier head weight. If the putter is too lightweight, I make these very pretty figure 8 patterns with my stroke.

But I agree 1000% that the Clevelands are the best value in a putter anywhere on the market.

For that matter, one of my sets includes some Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo irons, an all hybrid set. Compared to the performance of most other game improvement iron sets, Cleveland wins again.
Which is interesting as the 11 is a 365-370g head historically for Cleveland, and the Spider’s are typically 355g.

Has the face milling changed at all based on data/feedback from the original models?
This is one of the brands I can find without driving 90 minutes. These will definitely get a look when they land in store.

Has the face milling changed at all based on data/feedback from the original models?
This is one of the brands I can find without driving 90 minutes. These will definitely get a look when they land in store.
They’re soft, I mentioned it in the article, but it’s that nice “tock” at impact. With so much surface area removed limiting what impacts the ball, the milling will make almost any material feel soft.

$150 has to be the best value in putters. My HB Soft Milled #8 I got in the Srixon Experience is easily my favorite putter ever. Even made a putt or 2 at that event ;) .

Can't wait to try these out.

$150 has to be the best value in putters. My HB Soft Milled #8 I got in the Srixon Experience is easily my favorite putter ever. Even made a putt or 2 at that event ;) .

Can't wait to try these out.
$150 is a crazy good value. I love that there are companies offering a milled putter at such an attractive price.

$150 is a crazy good value. I love that there are companies offering a milled putter at such an attractive price.
I have a nice, expensive Scotty collecting dust due to the HB SM #8

Back