2024 MLB Thread + Hot Stove Off Season

This imp giving stroman some strike calls at the ankles

Burger Bomb
4-0 Fish

happy burger king GIF by Jake

Oh wow what a close play at first. He looked safe but Skip doesn’t challenge

I'm just glad @War Eagle can't blame Philadelphia for once, though I'm sure he'll find a way.
Karma is a SOB. Braves game rained out in Atlanta.

3rd rain out game of the year.

Granted with the massive strike zone tonight for Stroman it might not seem like it when losing 4-0, but he has really good command of his movement

The Mariners are painful right now. Hitting will come and go as expected but we tried to fix our lineup to strikeout less and we're striking out more. Not worried about Julio but it would be nice to get some production out of him while France and Haniger are hitting well.

Pitching is what is really concerning me, our hyped starting rotation is struggling. Good win today but Gilbert pitching a gem and still having to win in extra innings is rough.

Stanton HR and the lead cut to 3

The Mariners are painful right now. Hitting will come and go as expected but we tried to fix our lineup to strikeout less and we're striking out more. Not worried about Julio but it would be nice to get some production out of him while France and Haniger are hitting well.

Pitching is what is really concerning me, our hyped starting rotation is struggling. Good win today but Gilbert pitching a gem and still having to win in extra innings is rough.
Seems like Julio is just a slow starter. He'd fit right in with the Phillies. I'd be ok with it. 🤣

Pretty cool evening for the Guardians as Bo and Josh Naylor hit home runs and Bo with the walk off. Guardians are off to a good start

There is something about Seattle and hitting. Since the Junior / Edgar / A-Rod years we just can’t have it.

Reds laid a huge egg in a big series against the Brewers.

There is something about Seattle and hitting. Since the Junior / Edgar / A-Rod years we just can’t have it.
Ichiro was a pretty good hitter

Might be time to start thinking about a post-Hendricks rotation. To be fair I guess, I can't get behind Counsell letting him face the lineup a third time. That's almost always a bad idea.

Might be time to start thinking about a post-Hendricks rotation. To be fair I guess, I can't get behind Counsell letting him face the lineup a third time. That's almost always a bad idea.
Sad! I had a lot of interactions with him over the years and he is easily the nicest guy you ever would meet. I feel he is close to the end as well but hoping he figures something out.

Just wait until he throws a no hitter against the Cardinals.

they have NEVER been able to hit him

Sad! I had a lot of interactions with him over the years and he is easily the nicest guy you ever would meet. I feel he is close to the end as well but hoping he figures something out.
Yea he's a team legend and I have nothing but love for him. I just think he relies so much on executing a gameplan and hasn't been able to make it happen yet. Not like he's seen a drop in velocity 😂
Just wait until he throws a no hitter against the Cardinals.

they have NEVER been able to hit him
Added to calendar and ordered some popcorn.

Ichiro was a pretty good hitter
I thought about saying that but that was still some the Edgar years so he was partly right. Nelson Cruz, Jean Segura, and Robinson Cano had some good years.

Damn.
As if the injuries to the Rays wasn't bad enough, losing 4 pitchers and 2 hitters.
Now they just lost their starting 2nd basemen in Lowe too.

Damn.
As if the injuries to the Rays wasn't bad enough, losing 4 pitchers and 2 hitters.
Now they just lost their starting 2nd basemen in Lowe too.

The hits just keep on coming. So brutal

This has really been the Spring of the injury, both pitchers and position players

I know it hits everybody, but these two teams losing a combined 9 pitchers before the season starts is nuts.

I know it hits everybody, but these two teams losing a combined 9 pitchers before the season starts is nuts.

It is absolutely nuts. Abnormal and super unfortunate - especially with teams who cannot afford to have others on 'retainer'

Reactions: JB
@echico

Astros are 4-9 and I know we notoriously start slow, but man this is rough. Too many LOB and middle relief has been a mess. Then there is this, can't win with this much quality on the DL

It is absolutely nuts. Abnormal and super unfortunate - especially with teams who cannot afford to have others on 'retainer'
St Louis is part of those teams now haha.

Glasses Join Us GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

Back