2024 MLB Thread + Hot Stove Off Season

PIT bringing up Skenes to face the Cubs this weekend. Not cool guys.
I'm excited to see him in the big leagues though.

I'm excited to see him in the big leagues though.
sassy youtube GIF by Hyper RPG

Yea I guess. It'll be more exciting when he's a Dodger though.
By time they are looking to dump his salary the Red Sox will remember they aren't run out of El Paso.

By time they are looking to dump his salary the Red Sox will remember they aren't run out of El Paso.
Gross.

I remember when stupid Cole was a Pirate. Watched him pitch 7+ hitless innings against CHI on a freezing cold day in May. It was maybe the worst game I've even been to lol.

Gross.

I remember when stupid Cole was a Pirate. Watched him pitch 7+ hitless innings against CHI on a freezing cold day in May. It was maybe the worst game I've even been to lol.
The one game I went to see in Pittsburgh, we had a rain delay before the game, and then both teams left something like a combined 30 guys on base. I want to say it was 1-0 in a 12-13 inning game...even though it had combined over 20 hits. @jdtox was there for it. It was maddening trying to see these fools get a hit with a RISP.

The one game I went to see in Pittsburgh, we had a rain delay before the game, and then both teams left something like a combined 30 guys on base. I want to say it was 1-0 in a 12-13 inning game...even though it had combined over 20 hits. @jdtox was there for it. It was maddening trying to see these fools get a hit with a RISP.
That sounds awful. I'd still love to get over there for a game. Could probably hit up three parks in a few days if I did it right.

I'd still love to get over there for a game. Could probably hit up three parks in a few days if I did it right.
it's a great ballpark IMO

Have you been to Comerica? It's pretty nice, other than being the place fly balls go to die.

Little Cesars heaven.

Have you been to Comerica? It's pretty nice, other than being the place fly balls go to die.

Little Cesars heaven.
I have, back in summer of 08 I was on a project for Yankee Candle and traveled all over the states for 7 months, so I was able to hit up a lot of day games because that job was done before malls opened and after they closed. Was able to knock off Wrigley, Commerica, Alrington, Minute Maid, and Angels during that time.

I have, back in summer of 08 I was on a project for Yankee Candle and traveled all over the states for 7 months, so I was able to hit up a lot of day games because that job was done before malls opened and after they closed. Was able to knock off Wrigley, Commerica, Alrington, Minute Maid, and Angels during that time.
A few years after I went then. Only downside in the early 2000's was the surrounding area was like Apocalypse Now. Not sure if they've managed to clean it up yet.

A few years after I went then. Only downside in the early 2000's was the surrounding area was like Apocalypse Now. Not sure if they've managed to clean it up yet.
I've heard it's a bit better. I just remember parking in a shady lot about 5 blocks away and buying a ticket for $10. That year I saw the Cubs play 3 times....at home, and both times in Texas. I felt like a groupie.

I've heard it's a bit better. I just remember parking in a shady lot about 5 blocks away and buying a ticket for $10. That year I saw the Cubs play 3 times....at home, and both times in Texas. I felt like a groupie.
08 wasn't a bad year to see the Cubs play.

08 wasn't a bad year to see the Cubs play.
actually looking back it was 07...first year they signed Soriano. I think they won the division that year too.

actually looking back it was 07...first year they signed Soriano. I think they won the division that year too.
They did. Jeez 2007. We were little stallions back then.

I agree. Great looking ballpark experience from a number of seat locations, but behind home plate, looking out over the city in late evening, is the best view IMO. Really enjoyed everything about it.

They k'd 12 times versus Cease yesterday anything possible. But i agree that pitch limit might keep it under 10.

@bigbov - Dodgers play something like 24 games in 26 day but none against opponents with a winning record. O/U on W’s?

@bigbov - Dodgers play something like 24 games in 26 day but none against opponents with a winning record. O/U on W’s?
Why 24 of course 🤣. J/K… looks like 12 out of next 18 are on the road. SD & SF 6 game road trip to start. 14-16 W’s would be great.

Looks like all but the Apple TV games are on for free on MLB TV today fyi

Might have just seen the worst missed ball/strike call I've ever seen go against the Marlins.

Might have just seen the worst missed ball/strike call I've ever seen go against the Marlins.
Phillies have had an absurdly easy schedule for what seems like the last 3 weeks. They have been on a tear.

Back