5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

So check this awesomeness out! Had our yearly company kick off the year meeting yesterday and the president is implementing a wellness program for us to do if we choose. Starting today, if anyone loses 10% of their starting body weight by April 12th (12 weeks) he will pay you $200. If you keep it off and stay under 10% by August 1st, he'll pay you another $200. If you keep that 10% off till December he'll pay you another $400. Total of $800 if you lose 10% and keep it off all year. Pretty cool for him to do.

He even has another level, if you lose 20% he'll pay you $400 in April, keep it off by August another $400 and off till December another $400.

I'm at 235 right now and my goal was to get around 210 in 3 months anyway. That would put me at around 11%. Not that this was going to motivate me to do it as I already had my plan of attach but kind of cool to maybe get some cash in the old pocket as well!

That is pretty sweet Nate especially when you are already motivated to do it! That money just kicks up the desires a little more.

So check this awesomeness out! Had our yearly company kick off the year meeting yesterday and the president is implementing a wellness program for us to do if we choose. Starting today, if anyone loses 10% of their starting body weight by April 12th (12 weeks) he will pay you $200. If you keep it off and stay under 10% by August 1st, he'll pay you another $200. If you keep that 10% off till December he'll pay you another $400. Total of $800 if you lose 10% and keep it off all year. Pretty cool for him to do.

He even has another level, if you lose 20% he'll pay you $400 in April, keep it off by August another $400 and off till December another $400.

I'm at 235 right now and my goal was to get around 210 in 3 months anyway. That would put me at around 11%. Not that this was going to motivate me to do it as I already had my plan of attach but kind of cool to maybe get some cash in the old pocket as well!

Right on Nate... Bring home the cash!

Dang Nate that is some serious motivation dude! Kudos to your boss for wanting to help his employees get healthy and stay healthy. Healthier employees miss less sick days and are more productive. It's a win/win for all :blob:!

Heading to the gym for my Monday gig to get a good workout in. I love watching all the old folks coming in now getting their mojo on :D. You know it's never too late to do something good for ya body. Most of us have went the other way for years but ya know, it can be turned completely around. Feeling good, sharp, energy, and all the other benefits is worth the effort. Let's go get it done :blob:!

Have a good workout Gray!

I dropped 1 pound this wee to get to 203.6. Not bad since second weeks are always the hardest. I'll take from 210 to 203.6 in two weeks ANY day though.

That said, its week 3 of Atkins which means a few more carbs and I GET TO WORK OUT!!!! Wife and I joined the town gym for 35/mo and its got a pool and everything, amazingly nice for this small town.

2 months and I've got 18 pounds to go!

Have a good workout Gray!

I dropped 1 pound this wee to get to 203.6. Not bad since second weeks are always the hardest. I'll take from 210 to 203.6 in two weeks ANY day though.

That said, its week 3 of Atkins which means a few more carbs and I GET TO WORK OUT!!!! Wife and I joined the town gym for 35/mo and its got a pool and everything, amazingly nice for this small town.

2 months and I've got 18 pounds to go!

Great weight lose in 2 weeks Jman!!

Great weight lose in 2 weeks Jman!!

Thank you Nerfny!

Getting to work out again now will be a real game changer as well, the wight goal is nice for me to shoot for but in the end I just want to be comfortable with myself, I think that's the ultimate goal...and I will get there.

I'm down about 6 lbs in two weeks. 2200 calorie diet, with at least 600 calories burned per day in working out. A few more pounds dropped and I'll bump up the calorie intake to maintain and hopefully put on a little more muscle. I also cut out soda entirely. I had a can yesterday along with a wonderful red wax capped beverage and it tasted so much sweeter than I remember.

I'm down about 6 lbs in two weeks. 2200 calorie diet, with at least 600 calories burned per day in working out. A few more pounds dropped and I'll bump up the calorie intake to maintain and hopefully put on a little more muscle. I also cut out soda entirely. I had a can yesterday along with a wonderful red wax capped beverage and it tasted so much sweeter than I remember.

Nice mward!

That reminds me of what happens when I hit this point in Atkins, no sugar in so long when you walk in a grocery store the smell is just sickly sweet...takes me for a loop every time.

I started a similar journey last fall and am now trying to lose another twenty pounds before the spring. Starting weight Feb 1, 2011: 320 current weight : 240. Goal: 220 i am up for anything that works.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Thank you Nerfny!

Getting to work out again now will be a real game changer as well, the wight goal is nice for me to shoot for but in the end I just want to be comfortable with myself, I think that's the ultimate goal...and I will get there.

I too have just started the Atkins diet, and will being starting week 2 tomorrow. I'll weigh in in the morning and see just how I did for this first week. Already I feel alot better just in my eating habits and what I eat. I have also begun running again. Can't wait to see how I did!

I'm a week into my workouts. Already getting easier and that initial pain is gone. It actually feels great and I'm looking forward to the next one. It's nothing extreme just a consistent 30 minute daily routine. Down 1 pound from last week. Eating is under better control currently as well.

I started a similar journey last fall and am now trying to lose another twenty pounds before the spring. Starting weight Feb 1, 2011: 320 current weight : 240. Goal: 220 i am up for anything that works.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Wow jschlesi you are an inspiration for sure dude :clapp:. Keep up the great work and thanks for posting your success.

My journey to reach 200 lbs is a slow grin. I keep getting stronger and firmer but the weight is not dropping off at the speed I would prefer :banghead:. I added more weight to my routines and feel like my muscle mass is really doing well and my pants are feeling loose so it's all good.

I have lost about 10 lbs. I cut out simple sugars and am watching my eating closer. Running hasn't hurt either.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Still working out 5x/week minimum (4 days are weights) and packing away the protein in hopes to getting up to 160. Want muscle & definition, not fat.

1/1 - 148.8 pounds
1/8 - 147.0 pounds
1/17 - 150.8 pounds

No missed days of workouts and enjoying eating some new items. Things are going great thus far!!

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

You young bucks are getting er done! :blob:. For the older bucks on here, did you know that heavier weights and such exercises as bench presses and squats, actually increase your testosterone production which is a good thing :clapp:! There is no excuses now to be male and stale :D. Get off your butts and plan an exercise program to jump start your 2012 golf season.

I'm still pounding out the miles, signed up for another 1/2 marathon this spring. Need to set a PR and then I'll re-focus my mind on tuning up my game for the outing.

While at the gym today I had a little boo boo. The Abs machine seat dropped and in the process dropped my arse to the floor rather quickly! I came down hard and landed with my knees in a deep knee bend position. Kind of like a catcher on a baseball team. I couldn't get up for a minute however I pulled myself together and slid the seat back on and made sure the pin locked surely in place. I have never had that happen. Both of my knees are still a bit sore. Especially my right knee that I have had two surgeries on. oh well you can bet next time I hit that machine I will double check to make sure the bolt is in place and locked down.

Last edited:
Still working out 5x/week minimum (4 days are weights) and packing away the protein in hopes to getting up to 160. Want muscle & definition, not fat.

1/1 - 148.8 pounds
1/8 - 147.0 pounds
1/17 - 150.8 pounds

No missed days of workouts and enjoying eating some new items. Things are going great thus far!!

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Unlike most in this group, I'm like you and trying to get my weight back up at this point. Dropped from somewhere around 250 or so to 205 and now I'm working my way back up to my goal weight of about 215-220. I am eating much cleaner and it's paid off tremendously. Now I've upped my protein to about 1 gram/lb of body weight and am gaining lean mass back. I've been lucky enough to keep my strength even while cutting by keeping protein high and doing heavy weights in my sets.

I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere, but I have an app on my iPhone that is called My Fitness Pal. It is a great way to log what you eat to make sure you are hitting the calorie goal that you want. It also lets you set goals for your macro levels, meaning that you can also track how you are doing with your protein intake, carb intake, etc. I haven't tried adding my exercise into it, but it's been a great tool as far as keeping track of my calories and nutrient intake.

Lost two pounds this week. Down to 238. 18 more to go. Shooting for 2 a week.

I'm proud to say that I fit into a pair of size 36 pants today for the first time in..

..well..a long time. Probably since I was about 12.

I'm proud to say that I fit into a pair of size 36 pants today for the first time in..

..well..a long time. Probably since I was about 12.

And it feels awesome doesn't it? Congrats!

I just looked at my pictures from last year until now. Oh my goodness. Truly dumbfounding, I may no be where I want to yet, but I'm sure as hell not there anymore.

Hoping for 201ish Monday so I can make the push for sub-200 next week. Crazy.

And it feels awesome doesn't it? Congrats!

I just looked at my pictures from last year until now. Oh my goodness. Truly dumbfounding, I may no be where I want to yet, but I'm sure as hell not there anymore.

Hoping for 201ish Monday so I can make the push for sub-200 next week. Crazy.

It's pretty awesome. I, at one time, actually owned a pair of size 44 dress pants.

I'm still not 100% used to going shopping and being able to buy just about whatever I want, haha.

Back