5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

I am down to 252 this morning from a starting weight of 269. Going into phase 2 of INSANITY which increases the workouts from 40-43 minutes to about 1 hour. It is going to be a tough 4 weeks of 6 workouts a week! Still on pace for my goal of 240-245 (just a few lbs over my college weight) by Feb. 15, and everything is fitting better. In fact, without a belt, some of my jeans are falling off. Still need my belly to shrink a little and firm up a bit, but feeling much better!

I'd like to lose 15 lbs before the summer and hitting the pool at the country club, we have a treadmill in the basement, and it gives me an excuse to play more golf, as I walk most every round!!!

I am down to 252 this morning from a starting weight of 269. Going into phase 2 of INSANITY which increases the workouts from 40-43 minutes to about 1 hour. It is going to be a tough 4 weeks of 6 workouts a week! Still on pace for my goal of 240-245 (just a few lbs over my college weight) by Feb. 15, and everything is fitting better. In fact, without a belt, some of my jeans are falling off. Still need my belly to shrink a little and firm up a bit, but feeling much better!

How do you like the Insanity workouts? I've heard mixed reviews. Usually the people that say they don't like them have knee problems.

How do you like the Insanity workouts? I've heard mixed reviews. Usually the people that say they don't like them have knee problems.

I like them alot and I do not have the best knees. It is all personal preference. For what I am wanting to accomplish, it is working well for me as it is a ton of cardio and all you need is your body. No bands or weights. I do it in my living room with my wife. It is very difficult though!

Nice tomahawk! I'll be starting next Monday for a good 3 months! Looking for a good 25lbs by the end of it!

There are some really good goals popping up in here for 2012! I look forward to seeing who reaches their personal destinations and come out in tip top shape for spring 2012 :blob:!

I've lost the 10lbs I wanted to and now its a matter of toning up the areas where I lost the wight from. This will be the hardest part for sure but I should see results withn 2-3 weeks.

OK, time to get serious about taking this to the next level for me. I've lost another 15lbs bringing my total weight loss since I started this venture over a year ago to 138lbs! Another 30lbs and I'm at goal weight!!

BUT, it is time to get this body firmed up. I'm pretty sure that unlike my buddy Hanks, it is going to take a bit of time (after all it took me over 10yrs to put all that weight on and I'm not exactly a 25yr old anymore)

So, I'm taking some measurements tonight and I'm going to be REALLY BRAVE and post them here. Then I'm going to work on it. I'll update the measurements every 2 weeks and set a goal tonight.

I'm going to be short golf skirt, sleeveless polo ready for my first Hotlanta summer of golf.

You go girl! I know you can do it!!!

As for me, I'm thinking liposuction or tummy tuck would do the trick. :D

OK, time to get serious about taking this to the next level for me. I've lost another 15lbs bringing my total weight loss since I started this venture over a year ago to 138lbs! Another 30lbs and I'm at goal weight!!

BUT, it is time to get this body firmed up. I'm pretty sure that unlike my buddy Hanks, it is going to take a bit of time (after all it took me over 10yrs to put all that weight on and I'm not exactly a 25yr old anymore)

So, I'm taking some measurements tonight and I'm going to be REALLY BRAVE and post them here. Then I'm going to work on it. I'll update the measurements every 2 weeks and set a goal tonight.

I'm going to be short golf skirt, sleeveless polo ready for my first Hotlanta summer of golf.

Mary, you are my idol. Great job!

Nice tomahawk! I'll be starting next Monday for a good 3 months! Looking for a good 25lbs by the end of it!

Thanks dude, good luck to you. I got 12 more to go!

You go Mary!!!

I lost some weight, but I gained it back again. I started getting up at 6 am and eating a healthy breakfast of Oatmeal with Apple Juice as its liquid, raisins, craisins, Blueberry raisins, cherry raisins and a scoop of all natural peanut butter. I used to not be able to eat breakfast, but I don't exercise nearly as much as I used to and I need it to kick start my metabolism. Also, I have been running.

I hope to be very trim by the time the outing comes.

All that running should help out very quick brohammer!

You can do it good buddy! I love the way you think and the dedication you are putting into your goals :clapp:. 2012 Is going to be a tremendous and rewarding golf year for folks like you, who work their bodies hard and enable them selves their maximum chances to play well. You go girl :blob:!

I'd like to lose 10 pounds total. Weighed in at 181 last night. I'd really like to be at 170 with more muscle.

Ready, Aim, (Kindle) FIRE!

I'd like to lose 10 pounds total. Weighed in at 181 last night. I'd really like to be at 170 with more muscle.

Weird. My weight and thoughts exactly but I would add that I want to increase my flexibility in legs and core.

Ready, Set, Go! (Pow!)

Weird. My weight and thoughts exactly but I would add that I want to increase my flexibility in legs and core.

Ready, Set, Go! (Pow!)

Just started 10 minute trainer. Actually ends up being 30 minutes per day. Includes core and yoga routines. Should do the trick. I cant do the gym. I just wonder around with a half hearted work out.

Ready, Set, Go! (Pow!)

Just started 10 minute trainer. Actually ends up being 30 minutes per day. Includes core and yoga routines. Should do the trick. I cant do the gym. I just wonder around with a half hearted work out.

You guys can do it! :blob: Let's get fit and kick some butt on the golf course :deadhorse:

I've kept to my minimum 4x and if I can 5x a week for my gym workouts and I'm digging the results. But the change for me again came when my eating habits completely changed. I'm still trying to find something I love and I'll be getting some real good advice soon. The weights coming off but i need to make sure the eating habits become my lifestyle again.

I'm having more fun on the course but sometimes its hard because as my body changes so do club positions during the swing and at setup. Ive been there before but it still sucks at times lol. I also get annoyed with the gym. Hopefully I can get to my weight and go back to sparring along with some more martial arts type training.

Can I take the 10 - 15 challenge? Except, my goal is to gain 10-15 pounds of muscle. Loving the motivation and encouragement in this thread!

Can I take the 10 - 15 challenge? Except, my goal is to gain 10-15 pounds of muscle. Loving the motivation and encouragement in this thread!

Why show nuff brother! Jump in an pump up them muscles and get yourself in top shape for the Morgan Cup. It's going to be really hot in SC this July so the players who are fit and have their games up to par, will kick some serious butt.

Why show nuff brother! Jump in an pump up them muscles and get yourself in top shape for the Morgan Cup. It's going to be really hot in SC this July so the players who are fit and have their games up to par, will kick some serious butt.

Sweet! And you read my mind on the MC prep work. I started my serious workout sessions again on 1/1 and goal is to get to about 160 and look the way I did 18 months ago. I do legs 2x/week, upper body 2x/week, cardio 2x/week. Of course, extra cardio is had by walking the course when playing, etc.

I am trying to consume 120-150 grams of protein per day mostly via protein powder & tuna.

1/1 - 148.8 pounds
1/8 - 147.0 pounds

You guys can do it! :blob: Let's get fit and kick some butt on the golf course :deadhorse:

That's the plan OG. Would like to bulk up.

Sweet! And you read my mind on the MC prep work. I started my serious workout sessions again on 1/1 and goal is to get to about 160 and look the way I did 18 months ago. I do legs 2x/week, upper body 2x/week, cardio 2x/week. Of course, extra cardio is had by walking the course when playing, etc.

I am trying to consume 120-150 grams of protein per day mostly via protein powder & tuna.

1/1 - 148.8 pounds
1/8 - 147.0 pounds

Great job Cookie and keep up the good work buddy :clapp:

That's the plan OG. Would like to bulk up.

Nothing to it and your body will feel soooooooo good:blob:

I just got back from the gym and saw quite a few old people (new faces) there. I suppose they saw the documentary a few days ago on NBC about some old gals in their 70's playing in a basketball league. Those old gals were playing some serious B-ball! I mean they were sticking their butts out and stuff and pushing off the defenders, so they had some good pivot space. They looked fit and really young for their age!

Last edited:
Back