Votes: 14 30.4%
  • No tournaments for me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MattyD-MPLS

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
If you had your choice, would you rather play your own ball for 18 holes or play a scramble?

Put in the comments what you chose.

I would rather play my own ball.

Scrambles seem to take about 6+ hours of my life, so my own ball.

I hate scrambles yet I find myself playing several per year because of the charity involved. I usually play terrible and screw up my normal swing doing stupid things you wouldn’t normally do

Own ball, that way it lessons the chance of a miracle shot against you, and you’ve got nobody but yourself to answer to.

Always prefer to play my own ball. At a THP experience I don't mind playing different formats but would still prefer to at least get to play my own ball for part of the time. My clubs usually have a shootout style (6-6-6) event once a year too and those are fun. But for the most part I want my score to reflect what I'm doing. Plus I want to be able to post that round and hopefully bring my index down.

Own ball always.

I play league events often enough to get my fill. I don’t play many scrambles. So I went with that. I like and want to play both, but right now I play my own ball way more often than not.

My own most of the time, but there are times I still enjoy scramble and best ball tournaments as well.

I don't mind either.... if it's a Funday-Sunday deal, and they're having a cookout or some social gathering along with it, a scramble is just fine... long day, but fine.
If it's a play and go home type of event... definitely my own ball.

I do like the scrambles but prefer playing my own ball.

I don’t really understand what a scramble is, I’ve never played it before. All I know is you hit any ball you want which sounds wicked strange.

I do one scramble a year because I get to play with two of brothers and a very close friend. And it's for an organization that one of my brothers is involved with, Other than that I do not enjoy scrambles.

I don’t play many tournaments because I’m not a member at a club and I don’t see the value in most tournament fees. For that reason, I’m team scramble!

I like the occasional scramble but overall I would prefer to play my own ball. A shamble is a happy median that I don't mind. Take the best drive but play your own ball from there.

I think one or two scrambles a year can be fun.

I voted scramble. If i can play off a better golfer's drive i do pretty well. I really dont care either way though... and if the scramble is too slow i would rather golf my own ball.

I'm good with both.

Own ball is fun for the individual challenge, scramble is enjoyable for the social and tactical aspects.

For individual tournament play, I prefer to play my own ball. If it is a team tournament, I prefer shambles.

I only voted scramble because whoever is paired with me usually guys the ball further than I do...

I don't consider scramble events 'tournaments'. They are hell of a lot of fun and great to go play every once in a while but there isn't the same competitive vibe as singles stroke play.

I prefer to play my own ball but an occasional scramble is fun.

I play in a lot of scrambles due to my job. I do enjoy most of them, especially the one our energy supplier puts on(big spenders), but I always prefer playing my own ball. There's always that team of ringers in a scramble and I never seem to be on it.

I don’t really understand what a scramble is, I’ve never played it before. All I know is you hit any ball you want which sounds wicked strange.

Say it is a 2 person scramble, you both hit and then both hit the second shot from the most desired location and continue to play from the better of the 2 locations until it is in the hole. Repeat that 18 more holes.

Say it is a 2 person scramble, you both hit and then both hit the second shot from the most desired location and continue to play from the better of the 2 locations until it is in the hole. Repeat that 18 more holes.
Huh, that’s not too bad. That would probably help pace of play I would imagine?

Back