Would you rather?

• Play my ball

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • Scramble

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • No tournaments for me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I don't consider scramble events 'tournaments'. They are hell of a lot of fun and great to go play every once in a while but there isn't the same competitive vibe as singles stroke play.
Where I am from, we play scramble where you don't get mulligans, we also played with another team to make everyone honest.
I never felt cheated in any of them unlike charity scrambles.

Huh, that’s not too bad. That would probably help pace of play I would imagine?
Unfortunately, most scrambles take......

Definitely play my own ball

Where I am from, we play scramble where you don't get mulligans, we also played with another team to make everyone honest.
I never felt cheated in any of them unlike charity scrambles.

If I played in more of those, I might have a different take. Most of the ones I participate in are the other kind where I am brought in as a ringer to try to crush balls and smash drivers and drink. :LOL:

I went scramble - I can play my own ball anytime. I know I can play scramble anytime as well, but just not as easily.

Would rather play my own ball.

I don't play in tournaments often so I enjoy the relaxed environment of a charity scramble that I know I'm not winning. It's fun to try shots that I wouldn't attempt on the course typically.

I few scrambles is okay, but mostly prefer my own ball.

Most days my own ball 🤦‍♂️

I prefer playing my own ball but if a scramble team has a couple golfers that can play, I enjoy that also!!

Interesting choices. I can think of a bunch of other options that involve team play besides scrambles, and play my own ball has a lot of unspecified possibilities too. Match play, stroke play, individual net, gross net for example are all forms of 'play my ball'. Wolf incorporates both individual and team play. Also, as many have voiced on THP the opinions people have on 4-player scrambles very much depends on whether or not they are fairly run.

Definitely my own ball. 2 man scrambles are fun as long as it doesn’t turn into a slog. I definitely will do one with friends. Fun format with my friends too if we have a couple foursomes.

I’ll be fine if I never play another 4 man scramble. They are guaranteed 6 hour slots and everyone cheats. Will never play one again unless it is for work and I don’t have a choice but to do it for networking.

I would rather play a scramble as I enjoy the battle of who will hit the better shot and I like bouncing off each other to see what shot or ball we should go with. I have never been upset in a scramble and never cared about pace of play unless im playing my own ball.

I love scrambles. Nice relaxing competition. Love the teamwork. Scramble cheaters need to be sterilized for the betterment of mankind.

Back