Adams a12 OS Irons Review Thread - Forum Testing

Thanks for the pre review recap DD. You guys are getting some serious distance out of those longer hybrids. Any idea how much is carry vs roll?

The carry is very good and when they were landing on the range for me they would kick up a huge dust cloud and maybe go about 10 feet. I have a very high shot and that isnt much differnt than any other club i play. I did notice that I could put the shots where i wanted better with these over my old irons

The shafts in my set have all of the graphice already on them, they are sweet feeling and I am getting more distance than I was with the TT Dynamic Gold SL's I was using before.

We noticed that KellyBo's did not have the graphics yet. One thing that impressed me was the nice Winn grips on these puppies! Another thing is the plush head covers that have that nice leather feel to them. They look rich.

Just got myself caught up! Love all the feedback so far. Yoccos your writeup was fantastic! Thanks to all the testers for being great thus far!

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Thanks! Great group of testers. :)

DD thank your for sharing your thoughts with us! KB love your feedback too and really looking forward to you getting your clubs on the course!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

KB awesome to see how well you hit DD's hybrids today. I am excited to see you with the correct shafts for you. Everyone else, the reviews have been awesome so far.

Love the comparison pic with the mashie, great job so far guys and gals

Quick question for you Spank, I know you said they feel very light to you based off of what you are used to playing, but does that go for the hybrids as well? I have always felt that the Mashie is light to start with so I can't imagine something feeling even lighter.

Yes I'm going to see how it feels for the hybrids as well since I have heavier shafts in them (including the Mashie).

The Velocity slot has my interest and has for a while. There's been a lot of talk about it thus far and rightly so, but one question I wanted to ask all the testers who have these: does the velocity slot make for a nice alignment aid? I would think it would!

It does. I don't focus solely on it but it does make for an easy set up initially at address.

So what's the low down on these irons? How does the slot technology work with them? How well do the newer hybrid irons play? What are u finding out Spank and others? What's the buzz on these a12Os irons? Just curious!

I will have my thoughts on my initial 9 tonight and just as a tease I'm liking what I see so far. Not all around perfect but that's why they call it long term testing. I didn't quote you but to answer your question on a comparison on the A7OS, I did not have the privilege to hit those irons. Supposedly these hybrids are much better and have a hotter face because of the velocity slot tech. We'll see down the line if that's somewhat true.

Here are some pics I took during the unboxing...

b96cec02.jpg

690079e3.jpg

f88215f0.jpg

67bc009a.jpg

8200abd5.jpg

aa148818.jpg

f2b9b92d.jpg

7cc490ee.jpg

e6b7c50f.jpg

329844a7.jpg

46d46b69.jpg

09661a2c.jpg

9087bc4a.jpg

Nice photos Spank! Did not realize the hybrids and irons in the same set came with different shafts. Interesting. Hybrids look great at address!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Look what I got this evening!

Here's the GW, PW, 9i, 8i, and 7i

DSCF9882.jpg

DSCF9871.jpg

DSCF9872.jpg

DSCF9873.jpg

DSCF9875.jpg

DSCF9876.jpg

DSCF9848.jpg

DSCF9849.jpg

DSCF9850.jpg

DSCF9851.jpg

DSCF9852.jpg

Gap Wedge compared to 7 iron - Notice the difference in the size of the cavity

DSCF9868.jpg

The Grip - I love the feel of these Winn V17 grips! They are very soft and comfortable to my hands which is important as I have some arthritis in a couple fingers. I think these will really help in that regard.

grip.png

DSCF9859.jpg

There are no graphics on the shafts since they are pre-release. I received graphite "A" flex shafts.

DSCF9861.jpg

6, 5, and 4 hybrids

hybrids.png

6, 5, & 4 hybrids (in that order)
DSCF9853.jpg

DSCF9854.jpg

DSCF9855.jpg

Already in my bag ready to go!

DSCF9864.jpg

DSCF9866.jpg

I'm very excited about these clubs. I will definitely get out and try them tomorrow. I like the way they look and enjoyed hitting Dawgdaddy's hybrids today. Here's a video clip of me hitting the 5 hybrid on our #3 hole which is a downhill par 3. I hit two balls since we were just trying the clubs out. I obviously aimed left on the first one and missed left as a result. Dawgdaddy is the narrator with a friendly hello from Ole Gray. Much more to come! It's been a long day.

About me: I'm 53 years old, work PT at a golf course since retiring at age 50, and have taken lessons from a PGA Teaching Pro at least once/twice a month for the last year. My handicap was 24 last year and is hovering around 12-13 this summer. My goal is to get down to a single digit handicap one day. I have already entered about 80 rounds of golf on GHIN this year. My poor body fights me when I'm hitting the ball but I just keep fighting back. I love this game!

Great pics Spank

Yes I'm going to see how it feels for the hybrids as well since I have heavier shafts in them (including the Mashie).
It does. I don't focus solely on it but it does make for an easy set up initially at address.

I will have my thoughts on my initial 9 tonight and just as a tease I'm liking what I see so far. Not all around perfect but that's why they call it long term testing. I didn't quote you but to answer your question on a comparison on the A7OS, I did not have the privilege to hit those irons. Supposedly these hybrids are much better and have a hotter face because of the velocity slot tech. We'll see down the line if that's somewhat true.

Thanks buddy. I look forward to your , and all of the other testers, thoughts on these.

Awesome pics Spanks! These clubs really do look good and perform solid. You guys bringing some really good feedback for the consumers..

Great post KB, that club sounds good, it looked like it launched high

Great photos KB!! Lots of head covers in that bag. :D

Those grips do look super soft and those irons look so easy to hit. Yet another set on my must hit list. Thanks for the detail - heading to watch video now.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Nice pics Spank, I am enjoying testing these clubs, so far I think they are very solid. Looking forward to reading your posts over the next few months.

Nice photos Spank! Did not realize the hybrids and irons in the same set came with different shafts. Interesting. Hybrids look great at address!

Tappin' from my iPad!

All of mine are the Prolaunch Blue.

I found it interesting that KellyBo has mid sized grips on hers but it will certainly help if she needs me to do some errrr co- testing {Grin}

Great post there KB, loved the pics and those grips are cool, see you Saturday on the course and we can compare some more notes.

Looks good, Spank. I see some similarities with the hybrid irons such as the 7 iron. Then again, with the slot technology that should make a difference on how they feel out of the box! Sounds like a worthwhile upgrade for those looking for instant game improvement! Kudos testers!

Nice pics, Spank! And KB, I bet that's the first take from the truck video we've had here!!

Nice pics, Spank! And KB, I bet that's the first take from the truck video we've had here!!

LOL - stole that idea from Dawgdaddy who posted an earlier video of the mailman leaving after making a delivery. I think his video was deleted earlier when there was so much banter going on early in the thread.

Thanks for all the great pics!

DD, that was a hell of a GW shot!

LOL - stole that idea from Dawgdaddy who posted an earlier video of the mailman leaving after making a delivery. I think his video was deleted earlier when there was so much banter going on early in the thread.
I had the mailman leaving you got him coming, I wonder if I post it again if it would stay now? I don't know if I did something wrong or not. I loved yours and chuckled a little when I saw it.

edit - I decided what the heck I will post it again, if something is wrong with it, it will be pulled again, we'll see.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great pics!

DD, that was a hell of a GW shot!

Thanks Hawk, I hit a lot of good shots with the Adams clubs today, it is just the chipping and putting that let me down, 9 3 putts (ouch) I average 32 putts a round according to oobgolf. Today it was in the low 40's somewhere. I still had a great time playing with my friends and testing these clubs. These a12OS clubs really have my attention.

Great pics Spanks. Also liked the videos and pictures from KB as well. Looking forward to more reviews as the weeks come.

Back