Android vs. iPhone

Android vs. iPhone

• Total voters
I was an Android user for several years (Droid X and X2) and tested several other Android phones. I greatly preferred the Android OS to the Apple iOS, but the stability and reliability of the phones were inconsistent. Many of my friends were die hard Android users as well with different phones that mine, but experienced many of the same issues. I went through 6 X's before getting one that performed at an acceptable level, but still encountered constant freezes and crashing apps. The X2 lasted about 2 weeks before I was done with it and got an iPhone 4. I have been very pleased with the performance of the phone. Very reliable and stable. I still miss the Android OS much of the time, but when I need to make a call or check info on the web I have no issues. Something that I could not say with the Android phones. I hope at some point to find an Android phone with performance on par of the iPhone, but until then I will use an iPhone. I still use an Android tablet computer and love it (Toshiba Thrive).

Have you touched a blackberry since 2001 lol? I'm glad you can now get 3.5 hours of standbye time with your droidz.

If people can't use blackberry then I think the the following is the phone for them.

geriatric-phone-1.jpg

I hear all kinds of great crap about Blackberry's battery life. I'm on my second one now and I'm lucky to make it through an entire day on a charge. Luckily I'm due for an upgrade. iPhone or Android, comin' right up!

Plus I bet Blackberry can't handle Swingbyte. Just sayin'.....

mobile-phone-texting-autocorrect-autocowrecks-android-correct.jpg

I've had both. Did have the 3gs and now have a HTC desire but I'm going back to Apple when thus contract runs out for no other reason than it is more user friendly and I have macbook, imac, Apple tv and 2 ipads at home.
On a side note in their unrooted unjailbroken forms the ios is much better imo simply because for those who are not as tech savvy like me Android lags in its untweeked state.

I got a droid x

Just bought a iphone

I have an HTC Amaze and other than the crappy battery life it's a great device. The battery life isn't a big deal for me, I carry a spare, charged up battery and I just keep the phone on the charger when I'm streaming music at work.

Ive got a Samsung Galaxy S, my girlfriend has an iPhone 4 and the iPhone is by far the better phone. My Samsung has moments where its slow, freezes up and just plain acts weird. Its done it ever since I got it and everyone I know with a Galaxy S has had a similar experience.
The interface of the iPhone is so much more seamless and intuitive than that of the Android platform too.
Also, the iPhone has a much more high-quality feel than really any other phone on the market. As much as I hate to admit it, once you use an Apple product, everything else just seems so inferior.

I have to make a choice: the new Droid or new iPhone. I've never had a smart phone before so I'm not sure which way to go.

I have to make a choice: the new Droid or new iPhone. I've never had a smart phone before so I'm not sure which way to go.
I'm faced with the same decision this week. Work is going to provide one for me. I've been using a Blackberry which I despise. Deciding between the 4s and an Android. I've had an Hero before and liked it, but don't know what to do. I think I am leaning toward the 4S.

i had an i phone 3gs before i got my samsung s2 epic 4g. the samsung galaxy s2 line of phones in my opinion the best. ive used other android phones that are slow and laggy its more the processor then the os i think. just speaking operating system wise apple is generic but seems to be more stable no force closes ect. android you can do more and if you have a dual core processor like my phone its hard to beat.

You people looking for a new phone just have to go use the Androids and the iPhone and then just pick which one you like. Everyone will come in here and say what they like better. But that may not be what you end up liking after you check them out. Plus you have at least 14 days to return most phones to Att, Sprint, Verizon etc. Some are even 30 days. And then we have TMex who will come in here and say get a Blackberry. LOL

I recommend the Jitter Bug. The software blows away androiphone and it has giant buttons. Texting is a breeze. If that doesn't tickle your fancy, go BB.

John Deere Tap'n...

If you like to tinker and are computer saavy , Android is the choice. Lots of UI customization possibilities.

If you want a phone with a bunch of apps and not much flexibility for UI customization, then iPhone is the choice. Most vendors seem to develop "i" apps before Android.

I'm not a big iPhone and iPad fanboy, but it has its place.

With Android, you do have to be careful with which device you get. There are some devices released that I'm not sure why get released other than the manufacturer saying they have a new device. Some just to under powered. IMO, the Samsung Galaxy S2 is by far one of the better Android devices. HTC Sensation is another one. You will find HTC and Samsung even have their own flavor of Android with their own skin, Sense and TouchWiz.

Battery life will depend how many apps are updating in the background, how often you talk, text, surf, etc on both Android and iPhone. The biggest battery killer is the screen display when its on.

My biggest gripe with the iPhone is that it doesn't have a microSD to expand the memory. Apple prefers you "upgrade" to a newer iPhone for more storage.

Again, there is no wrong choice just like our golf hobby. Just have to find what suits your needs and skillset.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

You people looking for a new phone just have to go use the Androids and the iPhone and then just pick which one you like. Everyone will come in here and say what they like better. But that may not be what you end up liking after you check them out. Plus you have at least 14 days to return most phones to Att, Sprint, Verizon etc. Some are even 30 days. And then we have TMex who will come in here and say get a Blackberry. LOL

You really can't beat a blackberry if you want a real phone. texting, emailing, and calling. Second to none despite what any super fan of the other two says. even you admitted to pondering a bold kmac!

I'm still bummed that many of my blackberry friends went away. I was expecting the girl too because she always ditches me without saying anything lol. She cut me real deep. For realz. But my BBM list is down to my old Torch and myself hahahah.

You really can't beat a blackberry if you want a real phone. texting, emailing, and calling. Second to none despite what any super fan of the other two says. even you admitted to pondering a bold kmac!

I'm still bummed that many of my blackberry friends went away. I was expecting the girl too because she always ditches me without saying anything lol. She cut me real deep. For realz. But my BBM list is down to my old Torch and myself hahahah.

LOL @ your BBM list. iPhone5 is in your future.

I'm getting a new phone in March and am weighing my options. I was intrigued by the Nokia Lumia 900 after it rocked out CES, but when it was announced it would be an AT&T exclusive that was a deal killer.

Now I'm back to the drawing board.

I want to get another BB just so I can chat with Tmex.

My BBM list is down to my Dad, and he never responds to me. I send him a BBM, then get a text back.

Back