People don't remember what you say, but they remember how you make them feel.

Mob Psycho 100 reminds me of that, because while the action and art is epic, I can barely remember the storyline from the first 2 seasons. Yet I truly remember feeling like season 2 was the best anime I ever watched. So cool how emotional and coming of age something can be with stakes that are really not that big or important in the grand scheme of things. Season 3 was hard to get back into, just like season 1 was for me to start.

Now, half way through the final season, I remember why I love it.

Last edited:
People don't remember what you say, but they remember how you make them feel.

Mob Psycho 100 reminds me of that, because while the action and art is epic, I can barely remember the storyline from the first 2 seasons. Yet I truly remember feeling like season 2 was the best anime I ever watched. So cool how emotional and coming of age something can be with stakes that are really not that big or important in the grand scheme of things. Season 3 was hard to get back into, just like season 1 was for me to start.

Now, half way through the final season, I remember why I love it.
This motivates me to try to get my wife into it again.

This motivates me to try to get my wife into it again.
I know I've said it before but it took me several tries to get into it. From what I remember, the first two episodes just really don't sell it. I guess the overarching plot comes in about episode 5 but I think I started to get into it before that. It's really character-driven and about Mob growing as a person between the shonen. The silliness & humor can be hit or miss and it does take some focus.

That's a lot to ask to get through in all fairness but if you don't like it after that it's probably just not for you and that's totally OK, at least you know then. I do feel like it only gets better later in season 1 and if you like it enough to get to season 2 you're in for a treat.

I know I've said it before but it took me several tries to get into it. From what I remember, the first two episodes just really don't sell it. I guess the overarching plot comes in about episode 5 but I think I started to get into it before that. It's really character-driven and about Mob growing as a person between the shonen. The silliness & humor can be hit or miss and it does take some focus.

That's a lot to ask to get through in all fairness but if you don't like it after that it's probably just not for you and that's totally OK, at least you know then. I do feel like it only gets better later in season 1 and if you like it enough to get to season 2 you're in for a treat.
I think we only made it through a couple episodes so it sounds like I just have to convince her to be open to a few more and then we can decide

The latest Spy x Family arc was so good. Yor is so badass!

This is manga on the doors of one of our closets. Some of the pages were partially colored by my wife and friends.

IMG_0981.jpeg

Finished Blue Eyed Samurai today. Ending was disappointing but it was a good one! Thanks @Canadan !

I'm also watching the live action Yu Yu...I actually like it so far!

Finished Blue Eyed Samurai today. Ending was disappointing but it was a good one! Thanks @Canadan !

I think if I watched it absolutely hammered I'd appreciate it a bit more.

I finished Mob Psycho 100 last night and was thinking Blue Eyed Samurai might be what I try next. I also need to finish S1 of JJK though.

I finished Mob Psycho 100 last night and was thinking Blue Eyed Samurai might be what I try next. I also need to finish S1 of JJK though.
I need to watch Mob Psycho!

Damn, being a dub watcher is soooo frustrating sometimes...

I liked it. The ending was not great.. Hey, lets get on a boat and go somewhere... Felt very left field. Overall I thought it was fun.

Still talking YU Yu? It was a C level show to begin with..
Haven’t watched it yet but it sounds like we should have had a live action cowboy bebop season 2 instead of Yu Yu

Damn, being a dub watcher is soooo frustrating sometimes...
Yeah, I’d imagine listening to substandard voice acting all the time can’t be great 😜😂

Back