Any history enthusiasts here?

I'm obsessed with history and any time period really. I always try to imagine living in those different eras and what it would be like. I'm from the Metro Detroit area and maybe some of you have heard of it if your into history, but we have the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village in Dearborn, where I grew up, which is a huge museum of nothing but history and learning about history. One of my favorite places to visit of all-time. Lol.

I have my Master's in history. My main areas of focus were modern Europe (20th century Russia/Eastern Europe), early America (colonization through Andrew Jackson), and Public History. I really enjoyed Public History and wish I would have taken more classes on that. It's an area that studies how and why our country and culture developed the way it did, but also our infrastructre. It deals a lot with architecture and the preservation of buildings and records.

Love all things history, I won't profess to a particular era or type as I can find something interesting about it.

As a kid had a massive WWII/Vietnam war fascination, used to build model aircraft & ships, watch movies. My grandfather served in WWII & as an apprentice I lived with a NZ Vietnam vet.

Getting older, living in the UK & working in Europe let me see different history & culture & now I'm here in the US, I get another, different historical education.

I watch the History Channel on TV. History was never my thing until I retired. Then I got interested in golf history with the focus on golf in Australia and the history of our golf Clubs. I got roped into writing my Club's 75 year history 16 years ago, which found its way into the R&A Members' Library. (I forwarded a copy to my wife's cousin who was a long time resident of St Andrews and manager of the brewery). It's a matter of who you know rather than what you know.

Teach US and Michigan History at a college.

Love history. I am fascinated by the Founding Fathers and have read many biographies about them and other interesting people that shaped our world. I can and will spend enormous time in museums if allowed on trips or vacations. Going to Houston this month for a vacation with my family. A tour of NASA has me psyched.

Back