Apple iPad Users Thread

I have gone almost exclusively to iPad from Macbook and havent skipped a beat. Still use my desktop for work, but outside of that, it is nearly all tablet.
Anybody else?
I have a HP for work and a personal MacBook Pro w/ a Work iPad and a personal iPad Mini. I’ve noticed that I really don’t use my MacBook that much anymore. The iPad is what I grab. I use the MacBook for Preview shows though.

Apple has made the choices more difficult with the three different model lines (of the full-sized iPad, not even counting the Mini). Depending on what they do with the upcoming new releases, I'm leaning towards iPad Air. The Pro is a premium price for features I'm not sure I need, and the base model iPad isn't a Silicon processor (at least not current models). I'd at least want to go with the Silicon chip for compatibility and future-proofing, and I'll also want compatibility with the Magic Keyboard (which the base model iPad doesn't offer).

Final Cut now finally available for iPad, but my Pro is 1 generation too old. May jump to a new one for it, once they get their plugin support functioning (its coming).
I would have to upgrade too. I’ve been using the pro version of CapCut for the past year and it’s OK but I do miss the more robust tools in Final Cut.

I would have to upgrade too. I’ve been using the pro version of CapCut for the past year and it’s OK but I do miss the more robust tools in Final Cut.
CapCut is owned by the TikTok people, so I am hesitant, but it has some nice features for what it is.

CapCut is owned by the TikTok people, so I am hesitant, but it has some nice features for what it is.
Yeah I get the hesitation the stuff I edit together is fairly low stakes and I’m putting it out for the world to see anyway so I don’t care to much about any potential data issues with it.

But, if I was doing stuff for a business that I cared more about the privacy of I would go a different route.

Upgraded to iPadOS 17.1.1 a few days ago and just realized Apple Health data can now be synched to and viewed/edited upon the iPad via iCloud. Yay! \o/

I need an iPad. I have a kindle and kind of hate it..

I don't think I could do it without having a physical keyboard.

I've tried, but always wind up back at my MacBook Air.

Grandaddy trip will be the first time with THP I have traveled without a laptop. Always packed both ipad and macbook pro but going tablet only.

Grandaddy trip will be the first time with THP I have traveled without a laptop. Always packed both ipad and macbook pro but going tablet only.
I don't think you'll miss the laptop.

I don't think you'll miss the laptop.
My only question marks are THP website stuff, and I tried it this morning and it was okay

I need an iPad. I have a kindle and kind of hate it..
I think this is the first negative comment I've ever seen about a Kindle e-reader.

I use the Kindle app on my iPad Air and it works well--even in bright sunlight, but, my wife has a 13 in. iPad Pro. I don't think that heavy tablet (made even heavier by the folio cover she chose) will work well for her for an e-book reader, so I bought her a higher-end Kindle, with adjustable back-lighting, for Christmas.

I don't think I've already said this...if I have, oh well.

This is the case I use on mine, it's a logitech combo touch. Love the different angles I can use it with that aren't an option with the Apple magic keboard case. Also like that I can just take the keyboard right off for times I'm just looking to watch something or use as the ipad was originally intended.

combo-touch-ipad-pro-11-inch-oxford-grey-gallery1.png

combo-touch-ipad-pro-11-inch-oxford-grey-gallery4.png

This is the case I use on mine, it's a logitech combo touch. Love the different angles I can use it with that aren't an option with the Apple magic keboard case. Also like that I can just take the keyboard right off for times I'm just looking to watch something or use as the ipad was originally intended.

I need to find this one. How well does the trackpad work?

I have my PC for daily driver, but haven't owned a laptop in quite some time.

The keyboard I have for my iPad is pretty ridiculous, but it definitely does the job - which is mostly THPing, and very seldom web searching.

I need to find this one. How well does the trackpad work?
track pad is pretty good. It's got more real estate than the magic keyboard case. I also like that the keyboard has a top row of function keys. I didn't think I'd use them, but they've definitely came in handy.

I think this is the first negative comment I've ever seen about a Kindle e-reader.

I use the Kindle app on my iPad Air and it works well--even in bright sunlight, but, my wife has a 13 in. iPad Pro. I don't think that heavy tablet (made even heavier by the folio cover she chose) will work well for her for an e-book reader, so I bought her a higher-end Kindle, with adjustable back-lighting, for Christmas.
It’s a kindle fire.

I have my PC for daily driver, but haven't owned a laptop in quite some time.

The keyboard I have for my iPad is pretty ridiculous, but it definitely does the job - which is mostly THPing, and very seldom web searching.
Which keyboard is it?

Using iPad now, I’m on a laptop all day, I like the different interface when not working. I write on a MacBook, when just consuming I like the iPad.

track pad is pretty good. It's got more real estate than the magic keyboard case. I also like that the keyboard has a top row of function keys. I didn't think I'd use them, but they've definitely came in handy.
Just found it on Amazon, sold by Amazon as a “guaranteed refurbished” for $99. Hmm.

It’s like their take on the magic case.
I use the magic apple version and love it

I have the Smart Folio keyboard, and think the Logitech or the Magic case would be much better.

it is. I tried one of those, I liked this one better for my typical use. Little more protection since it wraps around instead of just magnetically connects and I like just being able to remove the keyboard and tossing it aside.

I have the Smart Folio keyboard, and think the Logitech or the Magic case would be much better.
does that one have the fully wrapped keyboard keys?

Using the IPad to connect to desktop remotely. With IPhone hotspot can be in the office anywhere. Trying to decide if I want to be “that guy” on the golf course!!

Back