Apple iPad Users Thread

does that one have the fully wrapped keyboard keys?
No, but it’s really close. Raised up a good bit and click, but not fully wrapped.

it is. I tried one of those, I liked this one better for my typical use. Little more protection since it wraps around instead of just magnetically connects and I like just being able to remove the keyboard and tossing it aside.
Ooo interesting. The magic one annoyed me by trying too be too much laptop and then no protection if you wanted to use it as a tablet. Might need to check it out.

Ooo interesting. The magic one annoyed me by trying too be too much laptop and then no protection if you wanted to use it as a tablet. Might need to check it out.
yeah I thought it offered a much more hybrid solution.

I have. I like having the track pad on mine. This case you have there though is thinner and def has more of that apple feel to it.
Trying to decide if I should switch it up or not.

But at the same time, I am wanting to get the 12.9" iPad Pro.

Decisions are hard.

Decisions are hard.
that screen on the 12.9 is gorgeous.

that screen on the 12.9 is gorgeous.
Yeah, and with not using a laptop or desktop at home anymore, and using the iPad for everything, I think I want to go that direction. I use my iPad in the kitchen while cooking for sports, etc, so the larger 12.9 would be nice for that as well.

Decisions are hard.
I have both a MacBook and iPad Air. I can now see going Pro on the iPad with a Magic Keyboard and eliminating the laptop. Multi use on the iPad for sure. Reason I went laptop is for my programs but they have gotten so much better as Apps on the iPad I think I could go without. The worst is using my MacBook and trying to tap the screen thinking its a touch but its not haha

I have both a MacBook and iPad Air. I can now see going Pro on the iPad with a Magic Keyboard and eliminating the laptop. Multi use on the iPad for sure. Reason I went laptop is for my programs but they have gotten so much better as Apps on the iPad I think I could go without. The worst is using my MacBook and trying to tap the screen thinking its a touch but its not haha
So true, I do that all of the time.
Outside of a few things, I haven’t seen much difference in functioning apps between Air and Pro.

Little late to this however my wife is an iPad junkie and when I get her a new one I always get her one of these keyboards.
Check that, I get my wife this one:

So true, I do that all of the time.
Outside of a few things, I haven’t seen much difference in functioning apps between Air and Pro.
It drives me nuts! Plus the pencil on the iPad is pretty awesome

It drives me nuts! Plus the pencil on the iPad is pretty awesome
I successfully made the Grandaddy trip with no laptop use, so I think I can go full iPad.

Yeah, I have an older MacBook Air that I love, but it's age is starting to show and just for internet browsing it's sluggish at this point. I use it sparingly at the house here and there, but using Chrome on it and having multiple tabs open it just bogs down, where my iPad just flies through it.

The bigger iPad Pro seems like the logical choice here, more than enough computing power for what I use and everything I use for programs for graphics/etc for the Bike Shop is easily done on PhotoPea and Procreate, which makes it even easier.

Made the full commitment and traded in the MacBook Pro for a new Apple Watch.

So down to just iMac and iPad

All in!

I’m pretty sure that’s how I’m going to go also, but I’m going to wait for the new iPads around March of next year

I could go full iPad for everything I do except excel. Use way too much excel to do that. Hopefully it will change down the road.

That was fast! 🤣

I’m so close to going 12.9 iPad Pro and ditching the MacBook completely.

That was fast! 🤣
I didn’t replace the iPad, that might come next year, but it worked great and I just don’t see a need for the MBP that was collecting dust

I’ve not missed my MacBook since doing the same

Also, my ipad Pro being the 11” or whatever it is. No chance I would go larger.

Also, my ipad Pro being the 11” or whatever it is. No chance I would go larger.
That's what I am struggling with. I have the 10.9, and thinking about the 12.9, but worry that is just TOO big for a tablet?

Back