I knew someone would ask... :) If I think it's going to rain, I take my 72" umbrella along. It's big enough to cover my cart/bag/clubs easily. My bag is a Titleist StaDry waterproof bag so I don't have put a rain cover on it. The smaller 48" one is for me. It's small enough to carry in one hand and it keeps rain/sun off of me. I find it cumbersome to try to keep under the umbrella when it is mounted to the cart. Guys I golf with think I'm nuts but I like to keep myself amused.
Whatever works for you!

@Waldo0007
Start of round battery fully charged = 28.6 volts.
Round end battery at 27 volts.
Battery showed 3 green bars
Console showed fully charged.

BTW, WD-40 seemed to unstick my battery release button.

So last night when I checked my battery it was at 28.19.
I played 16 holes today. I skipped holes 5 & 6 because I was the only one that showed up and I joined in with one other crazy golfer at #7 as it was the fairway acrossed from #4 green. Now the 2 holes I skipped are the only fairly flat holes on front. Lol
Since we were the only 2 golfers out today we played in 3 hours so not sure how good this information will be but when I was done and I checked my battery with my multimeter and I was at 24.67. I had 2 lights on the battery and my console going up 18th fairway was showing 1 light. Now again it's a very steep fairway. Tomorrow I will check it again as i plan on doing all 18. Battery is on the charger now.
I would say I ran the cart at a slower pace today and I tried to run the cart on a more flatter ground and not on the sideslope as much. What I'm finding out is if I run the cart slower it tracks at a much straighter path. Even on side slopes if i run the cart using remote with 2 or 3 clicks max it will hold the line much better. This seems to keep the front tire on the ground and not bouncing so it doesnt drift downhill as much.
I did have something happen today I never noticed before. Twice when I stopped the cart and went to get a club out of the bag the cart made a slight movement forward. Also one time today I was putting a club back into my bag and there was this vibrating noise for about 3 seconds. Never noticed either of these things before so I'll have to keep an eye on it.
Rod

So last night when I checked my battery it was at 28.19.
I played 16 holes today. I skipped holes 5 & 6 because I was the only one that showed up and I joined in with one other crazy golfer at #7 as it was the fairway acrossed from #4 green. Now the 2 holes I skipped are the only fairly flat holes on front. Lol
Since we were the only 2 golfers out today we played in 3 hours so not sure how good this information will be but when I was done and I checked my battery with my multimeter and I was at 24.67. I had 2 lights on the battery and my console going up 18th fairway was showing 1 light. Now again it's a very steep fairway. Tomorrow I will check it again as i plan on doing all 18. Battery is on the charger now.
I would say I ran the cart at a slower pace today and I tried to run the cart on a more flatter ground and not on the sideslope as much. What I'm finding out is if I run the cart slower it tracks at a much straighter path. Even on side slopes if i run the cart using remote with 2 or 3 clicks max it will hold the line much better. This seems to keep the front tire on the ground and not bouncing so it doesnt drift downhill as much.
I did have something happen today I never noticed before. Twice when I stopped the cart and went to get a club out of the bag the cart made a slight movement forward. Also one time today I was putting a club back into my bag and there was this vibrating noise for about 3 seconds. Never noticed either of these things before so I'll have to keep an eye on it.
Rod
rod7515, when you are charging your battery, do you disconnect it as soon as the light turns green ? I read somewhere that even after the light turns green, it will still trickle charge. This might be why yours reads 28.19. I left mine charging overnight. Tomorrow I'll see if it makes any difference.

@Waldo0007 , yes I take mine off the charger once it's done. I don't trust to let the chargers hooked up. I read about to many battery fires so I don't take chances there. When mines charged up here in the next hour or so I'll check it to see where it's at then I'll check it again in the morning to see if it's lost any charge.

I figured it out. You're only playing nine holes. :)
What was your end round voltage? I have played 4 different courses. Mix of hills and flat all 6500-7000 yards. Never 9 holes :) . I plug my battery into the charger within 24 hours of use (per the manual). I am not real diligent about taking it off as soon as green light comes on but try not to leave it too long.

Good thread. My takeaway is that the technology has gotten better but not good enough for me to deal with it.

I'll continue with my manual for some time.

@tucsondivots voltage was 24.67. Ill check it again tomorrow.

@sunshine2486, actually the technology is good enough now. I dont think any cart manufacturer has the perfect cart but i can tell you that electric carts make the game of golf so much better and easier to play if you wanna walk your round. I play with at least 9-12 guys with electric carts multiple times a week for the last 8 years or more and I can tell you I've only seen 2 maybe 3 times in all those rounds that a cart broke or didn't complete the round. Even a bad day with an electric cart is in my mind easier then a standard push cart when walking the golf course. But again it only makes a difference if you want to go electric. I say that because if your happy pushing and it isn't tiring you out and physically you can handle it then that's the way for you. But if pishingbis starting to get hard and your ready to lighten the burden don't be afraid of an electric cart. And the Volt has doen well even if there's a few gliches!
Rod

What was your end round voltage? I have played 4 different courses. Mix of hills and flat all 6500-7000 yards. Never 9 holes :) . I plug my battery into the charger within 24 hours of use (per the manual). I am not real diligent about taking it off as soon as green light comes on but try not to leave it too long.
My last round I had a red bar on the console and a green bar on the battery. It read 23.7 v. I re-charged it overnight, at least 16 hours. I'll see what happens tomorrow. I'm pretty sure on the previous charge I pulled it relatively soon after it turned green.

Still haven't had a chance to put mine through a real round yet. Weather's not cooperating. 60 degrees last weekend, courses open and I couldn't get a tee time. This week, temps in the 30s, blistery and inches of rain expected tomorrow.

I will say I wish there was a manual brake on one of the back wheels. Even with the front wheel removed, the cart still slides around in the back of my Highlander a bit too much for my liking.

@Mike, I'll attach a pic of how I hold mine down from rolling. I'm using the child seat restraint hooks on back of seat. Tucsondivots posted20240322_161533.jpg how he did his and its worked out great.

As.for my battery today when I finished I had 2 lights left on battery. But the red light was on in my console. My voltage when I got home was 24.69 almost the same as yesterday. The cart did fantastic again today..May have been the best day yet.
I did notice one time today my cart got stuck on to steep incline and lost traction. Not a big deal but I saw only the right tire was spinning as it sat on the slope. Has anyone else noticed only one wheel driving?

Got a chance to take out the Volt today for 9. It was a shorter 9 (mostly par 3s with a few par 4s). Mostly flat with some hills around the greens. Overall, I’m very impressed with the cart. Positives include its size, weight, looks, and ease of operation. Didn’t really push the cart to its limits and I kept it pretty close in front of me since I’m just getting used to it (my first electric push cart). Felt great not having to carry a bag or push my clicgear. Also at the end of the round I still had 4 bars (console and battery) after walking a little over 2 miles. My bag isn’t that heavy and I also didn’t run the cart at a high speed. Without the wheelie bar, the cart would have tipped backwards a few times tackling a slight uphill. It tracked pretty straight as well on side hills but did tend to steer towards the downslope slightly. My only gripe so far is the remote. The buttons could have a little better tactile feel to them. They feel a bit soft and mushy when pressed, but something I can easily get used to. Overall pretty happy with the cart. Can’t wait to put it through 18 at my course which is very hilly. That’ll be a true test to me. Otherwise, happy with the purchase so far.

Played 3 rounds this week. Some observations:

The battery was fine on Monday.

Wed. the battery dropped to 3 bars even before I started the round. Finished with I green bar on the battery and 1 red bar on the console (on the shortest and flattest course). Battery read 23.7 after the round. I’m pretty sure I pulled the battery when the charger light turned green the day before. Went home and recharged the battery for 16 hours. Thursday night, plugged the battery back in for another 6 prior to my tee time.

On Friday ( playing a longer and hillier course, 5 miles plus), I had 2 green bars on both the battery and the console, battery read 24.9 v at the end of the round.

Sometimes the cart "twitches". This is when the cart is standing still. If I remember, you and Rod 7515 reported that the cart would sometimes "jerk" momentarily when in motion. Still happening?

There seems to be a slight delay when pressing the "stop" button and the cart actually stopping. Throws me off sometimes, especially when I'm in panic mode.

There is a label on the battery which gives the specs for the battery. The one I find interesting is the full charge voltage which is supposed to be 29.4v. I get 28.6v.

On the lighter side, the word “model” is misspelled "moldel" on the label.

I'm going to keep giving the battery a long charge time and see what happens next week.

Got a chance to take out the Volt today for 9. It was a shorter 9 (mostly par 3s with a few par 4s). Mostly flat with some hills around the greens. Overall, I’m very impressed with the cart. Positives include its size, weight, looks, and ease of operation. Didn’t really push the cart to its limits and I kept it pretty close in front of me since I’m just getting used to it (my first electric push cart). Felt great not having to carry a bag or push my clicgear. Also at the end of the round I still had 4 bars (console and battery) after walking a little over 2 miles. My bag isn’t that heavy and I also didn’t run the cart at a high speed. Without the wheelie bar, the cart would have tipped backwards a few times tackling a slight uphill. It tracked pretty straight as well on side hills but did tend to steer towards the downslope slightly. My only gripe so far is the remote. The buttons could have a little better tactile feel to them. They feel a bit soft and mushy when pressed, but something I can easily get used to. Overall pretty happy with the cart. Can’t wait to put it through 18 at my course which is very hilly. That’ll be a true test to me. Otherwise, happy with the purchase so far.
If you put some rubber bumpers on the remote control it improves the tactile feeling immensely.

Played 3 rounds this week. Some observations:

The battery was fine on Monday.

Wed. the battery dropped to 3 bars even before I started the round. Finished with I green bar on the battery and 1 red bar on the console (on the shortest and flattest course). Battery read 23.7 after the round. I’m pretty sure I pulled the battery when the charger light turned green the day before. Went home and recharged the battery for 16 hours. Thursday night, plugged the battery back in for another 6 prior to my tee time.

On Friday ( playing a longer and hillier course, 5 miles plus), I had 2 green bars on both the battery and the console, battery read 24.9 v at the end of the round.

Sometimes the cart "twitches". This is when the cart is standing still. If I remember, you and Rod 7515 reported that the cart would sometimes "jerk" momentarily when in motion. Still happening?

There seems to be a slight delay when pressing the "stop" button and the cart actually stopping. Throws me off sometimes, especially when I'm in panic mode.

There is a label on the battery which gives the specs for the battery. The one I find interesting is the full charge voltage which is supposed to be 29.4v. I get 28.6v.

On the lighter side, the word “model” is misspelled "moldel" on the label.

I'm going to keep giving the battery a long charge time and see what happens next week.
I have had the twitch a few times when it is standing still. I have never read more than 28.6 volts when fully charged and am getting 27 volts after 18 holes. I like the Volt, but I am wondering if it will be as trouble free as my previous MGI ZIP NAV AT. I will watch for the delay in stopping after pressing the button. Even though the rubber bumpers improve the tactile feeling, the remote buttons are not the most responsive. I have not had a recurrence of the jerk right/snap back the last few rounds. Does anyone know where we send these back to if we have problems within the 2 year warranty? I am definitely saving my box.

I have had the twitch a few times when it is standing still. I have never read more than 28.6 volts when fully charged and am getting 27 volts after 18 holes. I like the Volt, but I am wondering if it will be as trouble free as my previous MGI ZIP NAV AT. I will watch for the delay in stopping after pressing the button. Even though the rubber bumpers improve the tactile feeling, the remote buttons are not the most responsive. I have not had a recurrence of the jerk right/snap back the last few rounds. Does anyone know where we send these back to if we have problems within the 2 year warranty? I am definitely saving my box.
I sent my query to: rkirkley@dynamicbrands.com. He got back to me quickly.

@tucsondivots , I was told to save my box although he also said they can send a box to me if needed. I saved mine for now. My battery is the same as yours when charged. Difference is after 18 holes. I've never looked at my battery to see what's on it but I will. If it says full 29.4 I will be reaching out to Pat again to see what he says.
As for the battery dropping before the rounds starts, I don't even turn mine on until I'm heading to the first hole. I push it like a normal cart. This way I save as much battery as possible. Until I hit balls and putt on practice green it's usually 45 minutes plus today a 35 minute frost delay. And the cart pushes so easy it just helps me feel better about my battery life.

@ChasingBirdies , on your cart going to the left wheel are the holes for the seat. They have rubber plugs in them. I pulled them out, cut the tops off and glued them to the remote for bumps. Made the remote so much easier to use. I used gorilla super glue that i posted in an earlier post. So far they are staying glued tight. I've got at least 6 rounds since I did this. I may still add a center button for stop.
Rod

I got in round 2 with the Volt today. My experience was SO much better than the first round. The battery was showing two bars out of four at the end of the round, so my battery had plenty of juice. I had no mishaps with the cart. As some others have mentioned, you just have to pick your direction up a hill a little more carefully than I had to with my Zip Navigator. It did not feel like a hassle to do so.

The bag sat securely on the cart for the entire round with no twisting, something that I never achieved with the Zip Navigator. I also appreciated the pouch below the handlebars. It holds my rangefinder well, but would also hold snacks. The setup and takedown is such a breeze with the Volt. I really do appreciate how much lighter it is than the Zip Navigator.

I have swung from having some buyer’s remorse to having a high level of satisfaction. I am looking forward to using the Volt throughout the year.

Last edited:
@ChasingBirdies

I have used two methods for the remote control bumpers.
One is like Rod7515 describes using the plugs from where you attach a seat.
Second is using self sticking bumper pads suggested by Waldo0007 from Amazon.
I have them on Left/Right/Forward/Stop. It makes the buttons much easier to push and improves the functionality.
Here is the Amazon description - $8.59 for a bunch of different sizes. So far the self stick works great without glue.

AUSTOR 318 Pieces Black Rubber Feet Bumper Pads Self Stick Noise Dampening Bumper Feet for Doors, Cabinets, Drawers, Glass, Electrical Appliances​

@ChasingBirdies

I have used two methods for the remote control bumpers.
One is like Rod7515 describes using the plugs from where you attach a seat.
Second is using self sticking bumper pads suggested by Waldo0007 from Amazon.
I have them on Left/Right/Forward/Stop. It makes the buttons much easier to push and improves the functionality.
Here is the Amazon description - $8.59 for a bunch of different sizes. So far the self stick works great without glue.

AUSTOR 318 Pieces Black Rubber Feet Bumper Pads Self Stick Noise Dampening Bumper Feet for Doors, Cabinets, Drawers, Glass, Electrical Appliances​

I just ordered some of these bumper pads. Thanks.

So after unplugging at 9 pm last night it's now 11 AM and battery is now at 28.22. I wont be playing again until Monday or Tuesday so I'm going to check it each morning and see how it holds to current voltage.
Rod

I do like how small & compact these get.

Back