Ballnamic: PING Ball Fitting?

Definitely doing an updated for you tonight! Maybe even a misfit too just to see some other results.
Still Waiting Office Tv GIF by The Office

😂

March 2024:
Screenshot 2024-03-23 at 12.32.25 PM.png

April 2024:
Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 8.25.28 AM.png

Disgusted Design GIF

I wouldn't try the Clean on price alone, but the Volvick I would give a chance after the last podcast with them. Haven't tried the new Wilson but didn't love the Triad (Traid? haha).
Nope, I'm good on the Volvik too. I'll be sticking with Tour BX. (doesn't hurt that I have close to 6 doz)

It's just weird to me how much my suggestions from March changed, I put in the same exact launch conditions.

1712063832567.png
1712063866829.png

This puzzles me a little bit.
Don't understand how a lower spin on Full Wedge gets the "Trophy" over others that are scored higher.
Off to Ballnamic Library to try to understand.

1712065528032.png

IMG_6525.pngIMG_6526.pngIMG_6527.pngIMG_6528.pngLOL

This puzzles me a little bit.
Don't understand how a lower spin on Full Wedge gets the "Trophy" over others that are scored higher.
Off to Ballnamic Library to try to understand.

View attachment 9253381
It’s saying you don’t need as much spin as the others according to the info you put in and the things you said you want.

I play the Pro V1x left dash and the AVX was my #1 recommendation. The left dash was #5. Isn’t it closer to the AVX than the regular Pro V1x?IMG_2308.png

It’s saying you don’t need as much spin as the others according to the info you put in and the things you said you want.
Yeah, when I told it that I want Max Wedge spin, it looked for a 100 Score:

1712066871861.png

Some might even think that was done on purpose...

conspiracy GIF

Why Would You Do That Ross Geller GIF

Why would you do that? the whole point of the "Loyalty Program" is to sell golf balls.
Can't see Ping conspiring with the ball manufactures.
Then again, they say that about Baseball so what do I know?

I play the Pro V1x left dash and the AVX was my #1 recommendation. The left dash was #5. Isn’t it closer to the AVX than the regular Pro V1x?View attachment 9253387
The left dash is more similar in flight and feel to V1x, just with less spin. The AVX has a different flight. Lower, much softer, and lower spin.

Why would you do that? the whole point of the "Loyalty Program" is to sell golf balls.
Can you see them not wanting to help other brands sell more golf balls?

I can.

The left dash is more similar in flight and feel to V1x, just with less spin. The AVX has a different flight. Lower, much softer, and lower spin.
I’ve never played the AVX, I just knew it and the left dash were low spin and the AVX was softer. Might have to give it a try.

Can you see them not wanting to help other brands sell more golf balls?

I can.
I can only see you wanting people to try to see that.

I can only see you wanting people to try to see that.
I’m not sure how you’re intending me to take this post, but I hope it’s not the way it’s coming across.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have issues.

Well I was being tongue in cheek.
But lets just say.
Loyalty program comes around each year roughly the same time, so Ping / Ballnamic know this. If they have the ball data available, it would absolutely make sense for them to do their promo before the loyalty programs end, to get people to pay them and then also go buy balls.

However, seeing as they literally sent out their promo mail yesterday (I finally did one after they advised I could use a fake address) I've now missed the promo for any of them but I could potentially now be influenced to go buy / test some new balls even after doing a loyalty buy?

Either way it would be a win for both. First scenario would absolutely make more sense for all parties involved.

And interestingly as someone who apparently is trying to belittle this ball fitting app, I just bought three of the balls it recommended for me, for the second year in a row….and played the one it recommended last year all season. 🤷

We are all allowed to have opinions and thoughts on things and discuss them, I won’t stop that.

I will however report back in here and talk about what I see when the Tour B X, Chrome Tour, and Staff Model arrive! I’m excited!

Ballnamic nailed the Tour BX for me early on. I had my doubts but after testing them for Bridgestone and THP and sticking with them past my initial ’break in period’.

It’s scary how accurate this thing can be with a few metrics.

20240402_095639.jpg20240402_095828.jpg

I remember last year the conspiracy was that Titleist balls weren't being suggested as much as they should. But they were for me. And still are. And ProV1x is currently my #2 ball. Been playing the Tour B X a lot and enjoying it. Just the one thing I didn't love last time about it - full wedge spin. I like more, but I tried to not go full lunatic about it in my choices here to see how it would shake out. I honestly just plan on playing really fresh grooves most of the year to help combat it. Tried to go a little less crazy on a couple options actually.

I've played the Staff Model X this year a bit and as I said at the time it does continue to be a good fit in ways.

I was a big Chrome Soft X LS guy and it's still a good match. And the new Chrome Tours are awesome but not as good of ones for me and unsurprisingly aren't on the list.

So overall it nailed that ball I chose for now from my own very extensive testing, and my #2 ball. In order. That checks out.

You got some interesting recommends vs last year @That post , but you've been speed training and your game has changed a bit. Do you feel like your needs have changed a lot?

You got some interesting recommends vs last year @That post , but you've been speed training and your game has changed a bit. Do you feel like your needs have changed a lot?
I do feel like my needs have changed some over the past year. I’ve been able to add around 10mph of overall speed, I’ve finally beaten the new path into my swing, and I’m compressing the ball so much better.

Before this morning I didn’t even know Clear balls existed, I’m completely happy with BX. I’ve been playing some of my best golf with it the last 3-4 rounds. I won’t be switching anytime soon tbh. Especially not to the recommendations I got served this time.

If I wasn’t at my 5 recommendations with this last one I’d run it again because I almost feel like maybe I fat finger something typing in my launch conditions.

Back