Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok heres where my 2nd shot ended up on a par 4...

IMG_0340.jpg

and heres where that shot outta of the woods ended up to save par!

IMG_0353.jpg

Best Shot Of Your Round

No. 9- 360 yard, par 4.
285 yard drive

56* niblick from 75 yards.
Tap in birdie

a draw that i hit with the hole tucked behind the bunker 4h from 200 yards out to 15 feet

Yesterday I had two birdies in the 9 holes I played.
#3 In my opinion one of the hardest holes on the front 9. Par 4. 370 Yards. Pin in the front. Crush a drive and have 150 out. Hit a 21* to 10ft. and make the putt for a birdie.
#4. A 158 yard par 3. Hit a 18* to 2 ft. Birdie.

hit a great drive leaving me 85 to the middle of the green

Par 5 Hit a good drive, maybe 290. 2nd shot had 265 to the green. Hit my new Burner SF to the left fringe. Simple chip and a putt for birdie.

Best Shot Of Your Round

372 yd Par 4 with a slight dog-leg right

Hit a 277 yd drive dead center of the fairway which set me up with a clear shot at the green. Lob wedged to within 10' of the pin. Missed the birdie putt 6" to the right and tapped in for par.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18th hole, sharp dogleg left with water on both sides of the green. Fairway bunkers and tree looming for the shortcut shot that doesn't make it. I hit a terrible drive... pulled it left, hit a tree and it caromed off farther left all the way across the 9th fairway into the rough left of the 9th fairway between 2 trees. If I hadn't had a GPS I'm not sure what I would have done. My trusty Golf Logix said 198 to the center. Most of the last 60 or 70 yards is over a lake.

But..... I can see the flagstick through a 10 foot gap in the trees, so.... ya know I gotta try it. I take my 22° hybrid and hit the purest shot I hit all day, dead on the pin. The ball cleared the lake and ended up in the edge of the deep rough, still within the margin of the hazard, but only 30 feet from the hole. I hacked a SW out and 2 putted for a bogey... one of the more satisfying bogies I've ever made. :clapp:

LOL I should have posted this in here last week but better late than never.

#10 at Ironhorse, par 5 dogleg left with a lake all the way down the right side and uphill to the green. We were warned at dinner the night before to hit 7i off the tee, 7i layup and 7i into the green because there is a lot of danger and not much reward for banging away with the driver off the tee. I figure I can hit a bad shot at any time with any club so I'm hitting driver regardless. I end up hitting a low weak slice off the tee but the ball manages to claw its way onto dry ground, mission 1 accomplished. I pulled my 9i to hit a layup, it's another low ugly shot that barely makes it past Jakes tee shot. LOL I'm still a long way from home so I pulled a 5i and you guessed it, UGLY but somehow it lands in the middle of the fairway maybe 60 yards from the pin. Finally we get to the good shot, SW chip for a kick in par. Thankfully they don't base the scoring system on the beauty of the shots only the number of strokes.

That was a beautifully ugly golf hole MO! Possibly the most scrambliest par I've ever seen. At least you had one good shot on that hole! I hit more water than anything.

And great shot, Fourputt!

Best shot Sunday followed one of the worst of the day...tough drive on a Par 5. Hit it long & left over a pond onto the downslope of a 2nd pond. The ball caught up in the thick grass...2nd shot, looking to get to the 150 pole in the middle of the fairway, but blasted it right all the way thru to a thistle patch...Lost ball. Hit #4 after a drop in the rough to about 15 feet from 170 yards out. Best shot of the day, nothing else even close.

2 shots today...
hit a drive 260 against the wind splitting the fw... my jaw dropped... i still cant believe it
2nd one was deep in jail... couldnt even see the green... i hit a 5i skinny and it must have hit a root popping it thru an opening onto the green and i had no idea... i was pissed i thinned it... till my buddy told me i got lucky as crap

Par 3 - 180 yards - 18th hole

Normally, I lay up since I haven't felt too confident on my accuracy from that distance, but I've been hitting the ball well with my hybrids.

Hit a 4h to 10 feet. My buddies were impressed, which was fun. I don't get that too often, haha. Oh, 3 putted for bogey :(

My best shot of my rounds is really seven shots, first time ever "Back to Back Birdies" par 4 ninth good tee shot stuck a 9 iron to 6 feet made a great putt for a 3 then super tee shot, fairway wood to 30 yards chpped it on , missed eagle by 8 inches, tap in birddie for 2 birddies in a row. And to show I'm an Ameture my next tee shot went right into the water.

Yesterday, I played Crystal Springs with my best friend. 17th hole, par 4.... HARD dogleg right about 200 yards out. After a crap drive I played it safe to the dogleg - but once I got there, all I see is a lumpy hill running up to somewhere (and presumably the green). I climbed up on top of the nearest mound (of which there were several) and hopped up and down to get a view of what lay ahead. Sighted on some kind of manmade object behind the green, walked back down to my ball, and pulled out my 4h. Estimated I was about 185 out from the green, which I couldn't see at all, nor could I see my alignment-aid-object. Nothing left to do but swing... and then our playing partner, who was about a hundred yards up, turns and gives me the "safe" sign. Hey, not a bad feeling, somewhat unusual for me as I've never broken 100 (and wouldn't yesterday).

Six feet from the hole. I wish I could say it was anything other than the golf gods smiling down on me for fixing ball marks on the 16th.

I had a couple good shots in a row last night but I hit a 4W to about 15 ft from 250y up hill. Missed the eagle putt by an inch, but I was still happy with that hole/shot!

Mine was a while ago and the only shot ill always remember. My first high school tournament as a sophmore (not my first ever, since I played my freshman year) started on hole #5 Par 3 110 yards and really only have the green to work with because left and right was pretty much OB.

Stuck my shot about 4-5 feet, sunk my putt for birdie and started out my tournament with a birdie.

after todays round... best shots were rare... but i hit a 7w 240(wind assisted)... flew the green by about 60yrds almost making it to the next teebox

I have a couple of great shots that come to mind.
first one was on a par 3 and my tee shot hit about 1 inch from the hole, there was a nice pitch mark and then hit the stick and landed a few inches to the right of the hole, my easiest birdie.

If i had to tell one story about a shot it would have to be this next one though. I was playing at PGA West Nicklaus course on hole #15, the par 5 with the island green in the golf channel amatuer tour major.
I had a decent drive and on my 2nd shot i was going to lay up to leave about 100yds, i hit it way right because i wanted nothing to do with the water and ended up pushing it into the backyard of the house. I was getting ready to drop and re-hit but one of the players ran up there and saw that it was about a ball length inside the white stake. These backyards dont have a fence. So i get up there to hit my 3rd shot and my left foot is well below my right and im now a 7-iron out. I made a great swing and landed on the island green. My dad was walking with the group and he couldnt believe that i went for it. Not because of the distance but because of the lie. I ended up qualifing for the National championship for GCAT which is what made that shot even greater for me.

Last week when I played with JB I had a great shot on a par 3. It was 115 yrds to the pin so I pulled my PW (I don't hit my clubs very far) and struck it solid and the ball landed 5 feet from the pin. I thought for sure I was going to birdie the hole but I panicked and left the putt short (I am such a woman haha) and two putt for par.

i shoulda aced #13 today... that baby was headed straight for the flag but landed 1ft on the wrong side of the collar... but i chipped in for birdie instead... gotta love the no putts

same hole... #13... i rattled the flag... stupid flag kicked the ball off the green between 2 bunkers... didnt chip in for birdie this time... but was lucky enough to get away with par...

i rattled the flag 3 other times today and none were even birdie or pars after hitting the stick

During a golf weekend I had what was described as "the best par ever" by the people I was playing with. 97y, uphill par 3. Hit my drive over the green into the hazard, couldn't find it, so I dropped the ball and took my +1. Left with about a 15y flop shot where I was about 12+ft below the hole, with the green running away from me. I took out the 58*, and hit a high flop shot, landed just on the green, and it rolled down and DING right into the cup. Great shot, but I couldn't even see it. From the position I was in, all I could see was the flag at the top of the pin.

played in a scramble yesterday for breast cancer charity of some kind - well put together, great course - only semblance of golf game was my putting and chipping - we did play a few of my drives - the ones i didnt slice 50 yds right.. ugh. So frustrating when you hit near perfect drives on the range before - and then slice your first 5 drives.

Best shots of the round though: i put up a 3 wood out of the rough, on a par 5, about 235 yards to the dogleg left fairway about 60 yards from the green. our drive was hooked to the rough about 220 yards out. best part was i hit 4th - and no one else had a clean lie. hehe. should have probably laid up.

Next shot - the approach - i went last again - and hit a 60* pitch to about 10 feet from the hole. A shot i dont usually execute well. Then i got to putt first to nail the birdie for the team. scrambles sure do boost your confidence lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back