Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
During my league last summer on the short par 4 3rd 320 yards. I hit my tee shot horrible short and right. Had around 155 160 left to the center of the green. Hit a 7i out of a flyer lye flew the green by 30 yards. Pitch shot back on the green with the green running away from me. Pitched up and the ball took off fast rolling down and hit the pin and in the cup for a birdie. I ended up shooting a 42 with three birds the best 9 holes I've ever had. Didn't look good started off with a double then triple bogey.

Last edited:
I hit a high, cutting 4-hybrid into the wind.....ended 12 inches from the cup.

it was exactly the shot I envisioned....landed in the exact spot on the green that I wanted.

it's shots like those that make my day.

it was exactly the shot I envisioned....landed in the exact spot on the green that I wanted.

awesome shot snicker.doodles!

man i dream of making shots that i see before i hit... great great shot

it was cart path only today and my teeshot was a hook/draw that ended up far from the cart path
i was still a pretty good distance from the hole so all i brought to the ball was my 4w
i duffed it 75yrds
i did not wanna walk back to the cart to get another club so i said screw it and choked wayyy down like both hands had no grip on the grip at all way down
it was like a belly putter 4w shot from the middle of the fw
i hit it pure and couldnt believe it... right onto the middle of the green
one putt par

Stuck a LW from 81 yards to about 2 feet on my first hole. Nearly carried into the hole. OK way to start the round!

I had two great shots today in the scramble tourney I played in.

The first was on the par 5 1st hole. We were 55 yards from the hole and I hit a mid trajectory LW left of the hole and it hit, spun right and stopped 2 ft from the hole.

The other great wedge was a GW(50*) from 122 yrds. I hit a high, tight draw that landed 10 ft short and rolled up to about 2.5ft.

As a bonus, I got to use my Bushnell Hybrid/Laser for the first time and it works like a dream. Super fun day with a few great shots.

wasnt my shot but TC tried to attempt a rope hook me hesus and it didnt work out so well, but it sure as heck was hilarious!

holding onto 1 particular shot after a pretty dismal round yesterday...9th hole from about 145 out, right to left wind with a back right pin. Hit a smooth HIGH 9-iron that started out over the right rough and slowly drifted back towards the pin. Ended up about 5 feet right, and perfectly pin high. Made the putt for my only birdie of the day. Keeping that one tucked away in the back of my mind and going to forget the rest of that round!

I pitched a lw from about 40 yards just below the cup by less than a foot yesterday and made birdie.

9 iron into the green from a severely side-hill lie (ball above my feet). Normally that scenario is chunk city for me, but I clubbed up, choked up and put the ball pin high about 8 feet away. Made the putt woot!

Had two yesterday, the first was on a 480 yd. par 5. I hit a good drive and had about 225 left, I grabbed my 3 wood (a club I have a love/hate relationship with) and nailed a baby fade and put it on the back right of the green with 30 ft. leet for eagle. I putted to a foot and tapped in for birdie.
The second was on 18, a slight dogleg right. I outdrove the failrway and ended up on a little berm in the right rough behind some trees 125 from the green. I was feeling adventurous and hit a half a 6 iron stinger between two trees and watched in amazement as the ball actually did what I had pictured in my head, it went perfectly between the trees low and fast then rolled thirty yards resting on the front of the green.
It was a good day!

My best shot came yesterday on the 13th. It's a 580+ par 5 dogleg left. My drive was poor and put me on the right side of the fariway with an obstructed view of the green (lots of trees), so I manned up and used my 2 hybrid. I figured that if I could get the ball over the trees it would put me in a great spot to get onto the green in 3. I absolutley crushed the ball. Because of the balls lie the ball rocketed into the air and easily cleared the trees giving me a great wedge shot opportunity. I chipped on in 3 and 2 putted (story of my life) for par.

Let's see... had some really nice shots I was quite happy with in spite of too many doubles and a quad giving me a 93...

Hit a great approach on a par 5 from just over 100 yards that was the exaxt baby draw I wanted, right at the pin, came up about 12 ft short. Sunk a great 20 ft birdie a few holes later and on the hole after that after a horrible chunked chip left me with a long par putt I drained that one uphill with a little break from around 20 ft, too.

This past Saturday, I came up to a short par 4 of about 290 yards. The group in front of us was on the green putting when we drove up. Walked up to the tee and absolutely crushed it. Ball landed on the green and skipped just off the back. I drove up as fast as my cart would go to apologize to the guys about that who realized it was an accident and complimented my shot. After they finished, I proceeded to blade a wedge across the green, chip on, then 2 putt for a bogey. :banghead:

I was playing with my dad again this weekend and he had a great shot as well. On the back 9, there was a par 5 560 yd hole. My dad drove it well and then proceeded to top his irons all the way down the fairway. So, he is sitting 6 with about 120 yards left to the hole on a downhill lie under some trees. He proceeds to flush it and drop it 3 feet from the hole where it just trickles on into the hole for his best ever double bogey save. :D

Par 5, laying 3 15 yds off green in fairway. Fairway cut about as short as green, pin about an add'l 10 yds in left center of green. I putted (wedges had been giving me fits all day) and knocked it dead center of cup for birdie...most amazing feeling in the world! I followed that with a double bogey on a par 3...so goes the game of golf!!!

I had a tie for best shot. The first was a tee shot. I really flushed the driver on a 455 yard par 5 right down the middle of the fairway. I had a light wind helping and had only 135 yards left for my second shot. Unfortunately, I bladed the 9 iron over the green and ended up getting a par on the hole. The other shot was an approach with a 9 iron from well off the fairway. I had a pretty good lie, but had to hit it high to avoid a tree. I hit it right at the flag, and it it just tickled some pine needles on the way down and dropped about 2 feet from the cup. Only birdy of the day.

I was playing in a tournament Sunday and the wind was constantly blowing and gusting. Piped a drive then had shot to a really tough elevated green with a lot of breaks and twists and over a bunker with a bunker left. I was dead into the wind so I took an extra club and played a low fade that seemed to just track the hole. Got up to the green and it had spun back a few inches and sat about 10 inches from the hole.
I also hit a sand wedge from about 80 yards and landed it about 10 feet left of the hole and it spun to about 1 and a half feet away.

there was an unbelievable wind that was actually making waves in the lake i had to carry in front of me
straight in my face forced carry of 195... driver was not even an option
hit the lowest straightest wind cheater 4w ever off the tee and barely made the fw
too bad the wind blew me off my stance and i topped the 2nd shot hahaha

I came up about 7 feet short of the green on a 204 par 3 and still birdied! This never happens for me, but my best shot was a putt! We ended up measuring (using my putter) laid end to end was roughly 42 feet including about seven feet of fringe. And to think that I was just about to chip.
Sidenote: Nobody was on the course, so we weren't holding anybody up.

I was playing my home course Sunday afternoon and there's a par three that plays about 175 with the green sticking out into the water. I've always had trouble playing this hole. Well, the wind was going between 20 to 30 mph all day, so that just made this hole even harder. It was blowing right to left and slightly back into us. I hit a six iron and aimed well left of the hole, and just as I was hoping, the wind brought it back and it stopped about 6 feet from the hole. That was by far the best shot I've ever hit on that hole. The only bad thing was by the time I had gotten to the green, the wind had blown my ball completely off the green and it stopped on the slope going down to the water.

174 yard par 3. Bit of a cross wind. A ravine to the left, stone wall and road to the right, trap in front. Elevated green and elevated tee.

I hit a cracking shot with my 7 wood. One of those swings where you know you did everything right. I played the cross wind perfectly and the ball landed softly on green rolling up to the pin. When I walked up I found it was 3 inches from the hole!

That is the closest I have ever come to getting a hole in one!

We played at Industry Hills today, the Babe course, and on hole #14 I got a birdie. I was so close to a hole in one but I tapped it in for a birdie. It was a par 3, 122 yards :clapp:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back