Status
Not open for further replies.
par 5 #2 466yrd
on in 2
missed eagle putt
tap in birdie
best shot was the teeshot i took over the corner with a high draw

I had two back to back great shots.

Hit a drive(wind aided) on the par 5 fifth(550yrds) to 193 yrds. Then I hit a beautiful 6 iron 193 yards pin high. I then proceeded to 3 putts for a lovely par. Oh well, those two shots were still great.

i had a lot of great shots today
popped a few big drives splitting the fws
had big putts to save par
great bunker shots
couple of no putts
but the very last shot of the round was the best
105 from the middle of the fw... 60 degree wedge went wayyy high
hit the collar on the front of the green kicked left and rode the ridge right into the hole
way to finish baby!

i had a lot of great shots today
popped a few big drives splitting the fws
had big putts to save par
great bunker shots
couple of no putts
but the very last shot of the round was the best
105 from the middle of the fw... 60 degree wedge went wayyy high
hit the collar on the front of the green kicked left and rode the ridge right into the hole
way to finish baby!

Nice shot russ! Was that hole out for double? :D

No shot really stands out, but I holed a couple of clutch 8-12 footers on the back nine in my match. All fear the BROOOOOOM!

Nice shot russ! Was that hole out for double? :D

you know i dont take doubles... it was for quintuple... gotta go for the gusto hahaha

today was a 5i from 170 on a par3... went right at it... big high draw hit the stick and ended up 6ft past
ended up 2 putting :sad: guys i was playing with went nuts... guess they wanted me to buy them beers or something hahaha

A pitch from 50 yards over a bunker that hopped and checked for a tap in par after a flubbed fairway bunker shot came up well short of the green...

Played my first round from the tips yesterday at a pretty tough course. Played at 7200 yards, I normally play the blues around 6400 yards so it was a big change for me (not a bad change as I got to hit driver off of most tees). 2nd hole was a 505 yard par 5 downhill that has a large pond in front of the green. Pounded the ball off the tee down the right hand side and left myself with 178 in with the pin on the front edge right over the water. Flushed a 7 iron to 4 feet and made the eagle putt. Any round with an eagle in it pretty much makes my day haha.

180 yard par 3 over water with a 150 carry and a green side bunker blocking the flag. Hit a 6 iron to Six inches for a tap in birdie.

my approach on the 13th par 5 played a great long iron on to the green for a chance at eagle only to 3 putt par!

On Saturday I played a couple of rounds at a local course. On one hole I hit a good drive up the left side and the ball stopped in the first cut. I had about 165-170 to the hole into the wind. I chose to hit a smooth 6 iron. I knew it was a great shot but this is what I saw when I walked up to the hole.
a6cd8c64-1c1b-f6b8.jpg

a6cd8c64-1c33-4e19.jpg

My first fly in eagle (not putting or chipping)! Now I just need to get that illusive hole in one =)

beautiful Doc, just beautiful.

today I hit this beauty of an approach shot on the par 4 fourth from around 110

5617239385_c0e05ab7cf.jpg

I never imagined any scenerio that would end with me involuntarily saying "boom baby"; I was wrong.

great shots guys!

today i had one of the best 9 holes ever
2 great shots come to mind
hit a 4w from 220 out on a par5 getting me on in 2... too bad i missed my eagle putt... tap in birdie
hit a 5i from 174 on a par3... so effin close... tap in birdie

beautiful Doc, just beautiful.

today I hit this beauty of an approach shot on the par 4 fourth from around 110

5617239385_c0e05ab7cf.jpg

I never imagined any scenerio that would end with me involuntarily saying "boom baby"; I was wrong.

Why are your flags so small?

great shots guys!

today i had one of the best 9 holes ever
2 great shots come to mind
hit a 4w from 220 out on a par5 getting me on in 2... too bad i missed my eagle putt... tap in birdie
hit a 5i from 174 on a par3... so effin close... tap in birdie

Jeez Russ you're always in here, I thought you were on tour already.

I think it's just the angle of the picture, they're normal height. The stick is a lot skinnier than what i usually see at the nicer courses, but these flags aren't as distorted as it appears in the picture....and actually as i examine the picture, you're not seeing the top of the flag, that's just the bottom half. there's some small flag about half way up the stick, as well as a bigger one on top, that's what you're seeing in the picture. Not sure why they have them like that, never really payed attention to it before. i'll do a more thorough examination of the flag tomorrow at the course

Why are your flags so small?

Jeez Russ you're always in here, I thought you were on tour already.

those flags look tiny hahaha

dude my first 9 was atrocious but i wont talk about that lol

my approach on the 13th par 5 played a great long iron on to the green for a chance at eagle only to 3 putt par!

Sounds like some great shots from a lot of people. Nice job getting there Boss, that putting will come along.

I think it's just the angle of the picture, they're normal height. The stick is a lot skinnier than what i usually see at the nicer courses, but these flags aren't as distorted as it appears in the picture....and actually as i examine the picture, you're not seeing the top of the flag, that's just the bottom half. there's some small flag about half way up the stick, as well as a bigger one on top, that's what you're seeing in the picture. Not sure why they have them like that, never really payed attention to it before. i'll do a more thorough examination of the flag tomorrow at the course

Oh yes I've seen those before, thanks for the explanation CJ. I'd feel sorry for you if you had to play with short flags all year :D

Oh yes I've seen those before, thanks for the explanation CJ. I'd feel sorry for you if you had to play with short flags all year :D

lol, it'd be interesting for sure. I've got a blind approach shot from a 2 foot elevation change, ha ha.

I think the pic is cropped above the small flag that tells you the depth of the pin. Cut in the wrong spot.

I'm no good at picture taking; I think that's the first picture i've taken in over a year. I couldn't really see the depth of the picture on my camera, to much glare on the screen, so i basically just aimed and hoped for the best.

Either my approach on 15 (PW from 116 yards to 3 feet) or my birdie putt on 18 (10 feet, big break).

got on in 2 on a short par5 again with a monster 4h... missed the eagle putt :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back