Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a great drive off the tee that I measured out to 265 yards (I'm normally 215 or so) in the fairway, so I know that if things go all the right way, I can poke it out there.

Followed up with a worm burner hybrid, a wedge from 80 yards that went more like 95 yards, and a three putt for bogey.

I had two amazing shots today. First one was on a par four dog leg left( Hole 16 on Taylor creek, Ft Stewart). Launched my drive over the pond tucked in the dog leg and dropped on the fairway about 50 yards short of the green. I hit my new CG 15 54 a little to far but still managed par. Second sweet shot was on 18 a medium lenght par 5. I had a nice drive leaving me about 230 out. I pulled the Hibore 3 wood and let one fly. Landed about 5 yd short of the green and rolled up about two foot on the green. Two putted and got a birdie. It was a decent day on the course. I played the back nine and got a 44. It is just god awfull hot and the gnats were horible.

hole #10, long par 5, I had about 50 yards to the pin, chipped one high to try and get over a tree, it caught the top of it, kicked right somewhat, landed on the green and rolled into the cup for an EAGLE!

Can I have 2 best shots of the day?

On the 2nd hole, I had 155 approxiamtly to the hole in the rough. Decided to go with 9 Iron. It started raining for whatever reason and I stuck in tight to 6 in. no big deal.

Then on the 10th hole, I was in some nasty grass on an upslope and just was hoping I landed the ball on the front of the green and it would release. Well, it did. And it was perfect and I holed out for Par. Lets just say it wasnt your typical par.

A few for me today:

First hole, driver into left rough, hit a 50 meter lob wedge to a foot for birdie.

3rd hole hit my 54* to 12 feet and made the putt for birdie.

8th, good drive, good lay up, poor 3rd, left the first putt 10 feet short and made it for par

13th, 9 iron onto the green, long ways from the hole, an left it a good 10-12 feet short, made the putt.

And the best putt if the round.

14th hole, long uphill par 4. Great drive, awful 7 iron. Put the chip/pitch 20-25 feet past the hole. Was faced with a fast downhill putt with about 4 feet of left to right break. Put a great roll on it and went in centre cup!!! Luckily the hole was in the way otherwise I would have been a good 10 feet past the putt was that quick :)

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-36.782185,174.722710
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday, I pushed a drive that left me 20 ft behind a tree, 168 yards from the pin.
I hit a big fade/slice around the tree with a 6 iron to the front edge of the green.
2 putt par !

I hit a monster drive on a 340 yd par 4. I tracked the ball and it went 270....that's huge for me needless to say I didn't follow up with a good approach shot and bogeyed the hole.

I hit a monster drive on a 340 yd par 4. I tracked the ball and it went 270....that's huge for me needless to say I didn't follow up with a good approach shot and bogeyed the hole.

Bummer you bogeyed. I always do that!

iOS using Tapatalk

For me it was this one hole. 502 yd par 4. 345 drive off the tee and then had a pitching wedge into it. 1 putt birdie. No big deal. To bad the rest of my round wasn't like that. Shot 78.

Crushed a driver. 317 gps verified. 60 degree wedge to about a 3 feet. Missed the birdie. FML

Playing in the bottom bracket of our club scramble championship yesterday... Came to #9 with 7 skins on the line. Put a drive right down the left side of the fairway on a short dogleg left Par 4. Then hit the 55 yard approach to 4' and first man up rolled in the putt, allowing $175 to be added to my golf club fund.

I used to have a nemesis hole that was only a 130yd par 3, that was mostly carry over water, pretty easy right? The problem was that it always seemed to have a really stiff head wind that was coming off the club house (ninth hole), which seemed to make balls balloon like crazy, at least for me, the green was elevated about 50 feet higher than the tee and if you came up short by more than a few yards it sloped steeply back down into the water, and they always kept it mowed really tight. I often hit as much as a 5i on that hole, only to watch the ball roll back down into the water because the ball would just go straight up into the wind. i finally got sick of it and took a 9i and bladed the heck out of it, using the clubhouse as a backboard, chipped it close, got a par, and never had a problem with that hole again. weird how certain holes just get into your head.

im terrible at short par 3s. its the weirdest thing...and often its because im hitting a wedge or 9i and the ball goes so damn high it moves 50 feet left or right by the time it lands. havent figured out how to hit low wedges yet.

I've hit so many good wedges from 90-120 yards in the past week, but my best shot was probably a 9-iron to the middle of the fairway on a par 5. Had 220 over water to a flag tucked left with water left and short. I play a fade, wind was left to right and the ball was below my feet. I could hit a 4-iron up there but I had to start it out over the water and...the shot just didn't feel right. It didn't feel very cool to hit a 9-iron down the fairway, but it was the smart thing to do. Stuck an LW 15 feet long and right of the flag and drained it for birdie.

Had some pretty awesome drives yesterday. One was a draw 3 wood that ended up in perfect position about 250 out. Another was on eight, an uphill par 4. I crushed it, baby draw, landed about 280 out.

That is a big 3 wood JR, nice going.

I hit a Drive 305 down the left center of a par 5, left myself 182 to the center, hit my 6-iron on the green 8 feet short of the hole, it released, and rolled in the cup! My first Albatross 2 on a par 5!

I just wished I would have been playing better because I'd love to frame the score card but it was one of my worst rounds of the summer otherwise.

Par 5 510 yards. i smoked my drive down the middle about 325 yds. had 185 left but there was a tree on the right side blocking my view of the green. i hit a perfect fade around the tree to 6 ft. It was a beautiful birdie lol (im working on my putting stroke)

I get to share my luckiest shot of the year (which probably isn't saying much haha) and my best shot of the day from yesterday..

Luckiest: I pulled a 3wood a bit on a 330 yard par 4 (narrow fairway, accuracy over distance) and it landed in the rough to the left, but on a random upslope that had me literally standing with my left foot 2 feet above my right foot. Hit a PW with no follow through that shot about 70% of the way to the green, but hit directly off the cart path (which was on line with the hole) and rolled up to the green about 12 feet away.. As I said, probably the luckiest thing that will happen to me on a golf course this year.

Best shot: Pulled my driver a bit on the 18th, left with about 165 to the pin, but my ball about a foot above my feet in the deeper rough. Big swing while choked up to basically the bottom of my grip, came out clean, landed pin high about 3 feet right of the hole and rolled probably 3 feet past but on line. Lipped the birdie putt haha! (yaaay execution!!)

2 tee shots yesterday back 2 back short par 4's. Drove the green on both and was putting for eagle. Score card said both were around 320, but I think the yardage was wrong. Still, I was hitting some bombs yesterday.

Second shot onto the green on a 530 yard par 5 with a 19 hybrid, unfortunately missed the eagle putt.

Second shot onto the green on a 530 yard par 5 with a 19 hybrid, unfortunately missed the eagle putt.

Missed birdie putts are the complete story of my golf game

I had a couple memorable shots last round.

1. Driver with a high draw around the dogleg right, left me 100 out on par 390 par 4. The best drive I have ever hit on this hole.
2. PW from the left hand rough over a tree from 100 out, 4 ft below the hole. Nailed the birdie putt!

Tee shot on 16 - Hit a nice high draw with my 3w into the middle of the fairway. Really pleasing as I had been missing everything right tonight.

7th hole, par 4 370. Hit a REALLY poor drive that left me with 170 to a front pin location. Wind was pretty strong at my back so I grabbed a 6 iron. Hit a nice soft draw right at the pin and I'm going, "It's not gonna make it." Lands 10 feet in front of the pin and rolls up to 5. Par :(

over the last few weeks i memorable shot would be my 2nd shot to the 18th at callander.i was in a bit of a mood because i made a few mistakes taking me to 8 over par after 17.i was off 8 at the time so i needed a birdie to get cut and i ended up holing my 2nd shot from about 75yrds out:banana::banana:that put a smile on my face,i ended up winning the sweep and the nominated 2's:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back