Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either a 35ft putt I made to save bogey, or a the 4i I hit to 12ft (my only GIR on the day). Can't decide which was better.

had 2 clutch long distance putts today
one from off the green

I had a 45 yard shot out of a fairway bunker on a par 5. It hit about 6 feet behind the hole and spun back. The ball ended up staying on the lip. No eagle, but I tapped in for birdie.

Holed out during first 18 from bunker for eagle on par 5. and then on back 18 hit driver, 6-iron to 3 foot on a different par 5 for eagle.

From about 98 yards, I dropped a wedge just behind the hole -- 5 feet or so.. The distance wasn't perfect, but the line heading into the hole was amazing.. I thought it was going to hit the flag for a second!!

From about 98 yards, I dropped a wedge just behind the hole -- 5 feet or so.. The distance wasn't perfect, but the line heading into the hole was amazing.. I thought it was going to hit the flag for a second!!

i love shots that go right at the flag

i love shots that go right at the flag

haha except the ones that are a bit longer than you expect and hit WAY back!! talk about feeling joyous and then hitting rock bottom hahaha!!

I do agree though, I think it might be the best feeling in golf watching a ball fall towards the flag directly on line.

haha except the ones that are a bit longer than you expect and hit WAY back!! talk about feeling joyous and then hitting rock bottom hahaha!!

I do agree though, I think it might be the best feeling in golf watching a ball fall towards the flag directly on line.

Did that last weekend...put two lasers on a flag and they rolled through the green into water (my tin cup moment lol)

Got a quick 12 holes in on my home course last night, very calm evening no wind sun setting etc. Stood on the long par 5 6th (555 from the white tees) with the driver, and absolutly nailed it off the tee! Measured out the drive with assistance of my Garmin S1 approach to 311 yards, slap bang in the middle of the fairway. Then hit a steady rescue 3 to within 25ft of the green, chipped on and single putted for the bird.

Rescue 11 from the 10th tee. Hit it to the front right edge of the green. Easy up and down for a birdie

rolled one in from off the green to save par... twice

hole in one of the 15th par 3. Nailed it, two bouces and a roll into the cup.

I had a great shot today from 185 yards.. Bombed a 6 iron that landed right to the right of the hole and ran out to about 3 feet away.

Lipped out my eagle putt, but it was a great hole for me.. On a hole I have been battling for a good while!

I had a great shot today from 185 yards.. Bombed a 6 iron that landed right to the right of the hole and ran out to about 3 feet away.

Lipped out my eagle putt, but it was a great hole for me.. On a hole I have been battling for a good while!

Great shot! nemesis holes eh? Who ever came up with those? lol

Great shot! nemesis holes eh? Who ever came up with those? lol

haha everyone has at least ONE hole at their home course.. What's pathetic for me, is that it is a hugely wide fairway, par 5 that I end up somewhere in the realm of 210-180 to the hole off the tee.. I seem to either yank my drive, yank my second (both left into fescue), or run it short into the greenside bunker that I have fits trying to get out of..

Today was a different story though. Made me quite happy haha!

The ones that look like they're all over it, only to come up short of the green are pretty special too. lol

The ones that look like they're all over it, only to come up short of the green are pretty special too. lol

haha!! Yep!!! Or long too, that's even worse I think.. I go short because I don't hit it well.. If I go long, it's because I pure an iron, which obviously only happens here and there..

Nothing like watching the ball track right above the flag only to go into the rough behind the hole haha

haha everyone has at least ONE hole at their home course.. What's pathetic for me, is that it is a hugely wide fairway, par 5 that I end up somewhere in the realm of 210-180 to the hole off the tee.. I seem to either yank my drive, yank my second (both left into fescue), or run it short into the greenside bunker that I have fits trying to get out of..

Today was a different story though. Made me quite happy haha!

I used to have a nemesis hole that was only a 130yd par 3, that was mostly carry over water, pretty easy right? The problem was that it always seemed to have a really stiff head wind that was coming off the club house (ninth hole), which seemed to make balls balloon like crazy, at least for me, the green was elevated about 50 feet higher than the tee and if you came up short by more than a few yards it sloped steeply back down into the water, and they always kept it mowed really tight. I often hit as much as a 5i on that hole, only to watch the ball roll back down into the water because the ball would just go straight up into the wind. i finally got sick of it and took a 9i and bladed the heck out of it, using the clubhouse as a backboard, chipped it close, got a par, and never had a problem with that hole again. weird how certain holes just get into your head.

haha!! Yep!!! Or long too, that's even worse I think.. I go short because I don't hit it well.. If I go long, it's because I pure an iron, which obviously only happens here and there..

Nothing like watching the ball track right above the flag only to go into the rough behind the hole haha

So true! as disappointing as coming up short is, going over is almost always worse.
I've been going over a lot lately too. not too many courses where going long doesn't put you into really bad situations, if not unplayable lies, or even just a lost ball. I've played some courses here in the north woods that going deep into the woods to look for a lost ball might end up having people looking for you. lol

After a good drive on a par 5, I was 205 out, pulled the new 5 wood and hit it perfectly. Ball landed on the green (had to clear a lake that fronts the green) and ran about 15 feet from the ball mark and about 20 feet from the pin. Broke the cardinal rule and left the eagle putt short, but did make birdie.

had one of the crappiest rounds today especially when keeping one ball in play but i had a shot that made me go wow
8i from a sidehill lie over a tree forced carry water big fat draw flew the stick in a tight pin location... tap in birdie
only good shot of the day

Hit a beautiful 7 iron from about 175 into a slight wind stopped right next to its divot about 5-6 feet from the cup on a par 5. Best shot of the day easily.

None, they all sucked

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back