Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had 73 yds to the pin...it was tucked in the front short sided with on right and bunker left... Had to go over a tree....3/4 gap wedge to 5 ft to save bogey.......missed it, but wedge **** was amazing

iPhone 5 Tappin

A nice chip for birdie on a par5. My tee shots was awesome. Loving my mp-h4 3iron so much.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375422454.645425.jpg

7 iron from 163 to here for a tap in birdie! Still haven't figured how it didn't go in since the ball mark was to the right of the pin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my first ever (and probably last) Albatross a few weeks ago on a 512 yard par 5!

Hit a low draw with the driver just under 290 yards. Then got out the 4 iron, and hit the best iron shot of my life. It was launched really high and had a nice baby draw on it, but as the hole is elevated...I could not see where the ball ended up even though I knew it reached the green.

After walking up the hill, I couldn't find my ball on the green or around it so I was searching the bushes past the green as that is a pretty normal area to miss it in as the green slopes away to the back. I let my playing partners chip on and putt out while I was looking for it, when one of them noticed a bright white Titleist Pro V1 ball in the cup. He asked me "You didn't play a Pro V1 with the letter N on it did you?" I didn't even reply and just ran towards the hole rejoicing giving my playing partners high fives and big man hugs. Was such a surreal moment, and one I will never forget.

The funny thing is, I haven't got a par on that hole since then despite having played it about 5 times since.

http://shirleyparkgolfclub.co.uk/hole_9.php

Congrats Neel88, pretty crazy!

Thursday night golf-league at Timber Creek in Watertown, MN. 14th hole, 165 yard par-3. Hit a really easy 5 Fybrid (I love these new hybrids) to a pin position tucked behind a bunker for a tap-in birdie from less than a foot. It's my normal 6-iron range, but I had to clear the bunker, and the Fybrids go so nice and high and stop that I figured I would try it.

I also birdied the par-3 16th, but with a 10-footer, not a tap-in. That was a 7-iron from 150 yards, just a little past the pin.

(I know that's TWO shots, but I don't think I've ever birdied both par-3's on a 9 before, let alone at league)

Best shot in my tie today was a SW on 11 from 120 yards to 4', made the putt for birdie.

130 yard 6-iron punch shot under a tree branch to get on the green. I was nervous enough about getting under/around the tree about 25 yards ahead of me that I swung and then immediately took cover in case I hit the tree. Looked back up in time to see the ball roll up onto the green.

Had a few stand-out shots today that made me smile:

1) Chipped/Pitched to within 6' from some gnarly lies a couple times
2) 290 yard drive on a par 5 - led to a birdie
3) 156 uphill to a back pin on a hole that usually kills me. Stuck an 8i to 3' and made the birdie putt.

30 foot double breaker for birdie. Felt like TBT for a second there.

235 yards our grabbed my 3 hybrid and stuck it to 10 feet.

I had a few really awesome hybrids from the fairways yesterday, but I think the shot I was most proud of was a 6-foot put for bogey. I pulled my tee shot on a 165-yard par 3 left of the green, made a bad chip off of hard pan to leave a really long, uphill breaking putt for par. Somehow, I managed to get the line completely wrong AND leave the ball above the hole. So I had this sliding, right-to-left, down hill putt on one of the two really severely sloped greens on this course. Basically, I had to guess the amount of break and just tap the ball to get it rolling. I made it! If I hadn't, that thing would have rolled another 6-8 feet below the hole and I'd have had that for a 3-putt double. SO GLAD I MADE THAT PUTT!

Last hole of our scramble yesterday. Long off the tee, but on the left side in rough. It was our only possible chance to reach in two, so we took it. 199 yards against the wind and up hill. We had to flight under some low branches, but carry over several tall evergreens ahead, know one even got close to the green. I hit the perfect smooth 3w that picked that ball out of the rough and had everyone on both teams screaming at it. Almost jarred it landing inches right and rolled 15 feet past. High fives galore.

Before that on par 3 #16, 166 yards to a red front pin, I landed dead on the line and about a foot onto the front, but the ball sucked back off the front, lol.

I played terribly today but did have a few very good shots. The best was to save par on our #11, the tee shot caught a tree and was deep in the woods, the second shot just barely got out of the woods but still was 136 uphill with trees between the ball and the hole. I hit nine iron and it looked really good. The ball mark was one foot short of the hole and the ball was six inches right of the hole for an "easy" par. hah

Had a couple
184 yard 5 iron that was completing blind due to a hill 2nd shot into a par 4,
205 yard 3 hybrid onto the green, hit the flag stick & bounced back to the fringe. I thought I saw it getting close but a Marshall had to tell me exactly what happened.
165 yard 6 iron that barely flew the green on the first hole. Beautiful high flight & straight as an arrow.

105 yd par 3. About 40 yds downhill. Hit a AW that landed seven feet past the hole and pulled back to within two feet. Closest I've ever come to a hole in one, I swear I felt my heart stop.

Some long iron magic for me this weekend. 3 iron to 20 feet below the hole on a 212 yard par 3.

Par 5 second shot, 254 to pin on a raised green. 190 carry to clear the trouble but with a trailing wind, pulled my Amp Cell 5 wood (set at 19') and put a perfect smooth swing on it that came out with a lovely baby draw. Stopped pin high 18-20' left of the pin, missed the eagle but still a tap in birdie...

Also got my first ever birdie on the 10th, par 3 that plays 215 to the middle and 30ft up hill. Playing into a 40mph head wind on Sunday so I pulled driver and put it to 15ft for the birdie..

13th today had about 130 yards uphill into the wind for my 3rd shot from a downhill stance. I hit a 3/4 8i that never left the flag and finished 10' past the pin. Rolled the putt in for birdie.

not sure if putting counts as a "shot". But having a friendly game of match play with my buddy and AS going to 18. Have about a 30 foot putt from the fringe for par. Read the green, putt, hits my line...don't think i'll make it in but just stoked that it'll get pretty close. about 3 feet away it starts tracking perfectly to the hole, and disappears. win the match on the last hole.

First hole at my course is par 4 that if you catch the downhill slope you can have a wedge into the green. I bombed my tee shot right down the middle of the fairway and only had 70 yards in. Took my 60* wedge and choked down a little. Took a full swing and knocked it 6 inches short of the hole. Almost had my first ever eagle, instead just a nice easy tap in birdie. Too bad it was pretty much downhill from there...

56* wedge out of some thick and sticky rough to 6" for the tap-in birdie!

Some other notables are a 163 yard 7i to 4' and a 194 yard J40 Hybrid to 8'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back