Birdies or Pars more satisfying?

Jericho

Albatross
Reaction score
Handicap
Which scenario is more satisfying to you: 2 pars or 2 birdies and 2 bogies?

The decision of consistency or highs and lows.

2 pars for me. I'd rather have zero bogeys on the card than 2 of them and two birdies. I'd rather have consistency myself.

I'd take the birdies and bogies over all pars

While birdies are fun to get for me, pars is what I am striving for, so pars without a doubt.

I'll take the birdies and bogeys. I know I'm going to make bogeys, but since I almost never make birdies, that would be fun.

Pars. Not that I wouldn't like the birdies, I don't mind the bogeys, but the thing is that I can't channel the momentum from the birdies. But the energy from a saved par or from a good par I can. Therefore the hole after a par is usually better for me than a hole after a birdie.

Haha such a tough question. I'd take the birdies since I can't seem to have one fall in lately.

I'd take the birdies and bogies over all pars

I would take the birdie & bogie over the 2 pars. In our weekly blitz bogeys count 1 point, pars count 2 points, birdies count 4 points and eagles count 6 points. So birdie, bogie would equal 5 points where as par/par would equal 4 points. All pars for the round would equal 36 points but 9 bogeys and 9 birdies would equal 45 points.

I'll also take the pars, unless I'm playing in a skins game. I would be extremely content if I could go out and make 18 straight pars. As much as I like making birdies and feel there are some holes that I should definitely make birdies on, making par is always the goal.

I like birdies. It means it hit several good shots in a row. I usually play par/bogey golf so the birdies are rare and preferred.

2 pars. I had a round this year where I had 13 pars in a row. Loved every moment of it considering it was in a qualifier and I had to earn a few of those(some weren't GIRs)

I would rather have 4 pars. I do the 2 or 3 birdie, with 4 or 5 bogey thing a lot.... I would trade it all for 9 pars, or 18 pars for that matter.

I'd take the pars. My eternal course thought is "18 pars makes for a good round". Birdies happen when you play for par.

Which scenario is more satisfying to you: 2 pars or 2 birdies and 2 bogies?

The decision of consistency or highs and lows.

To be fair, I think it should be 4 pars or two birdies and two bogeys..

And I'd probably go with the pars. Steady golf is where it's at.

I'd take the two pars because it would indicate consistency

To be fair, I think it should be 4 pars or two birdies and two bogeys..

And I'd probably go with the pars. Steady golf is where it's at.

That's probably a good point. I'll still take the birdies. Then I can get my fist pump on, lol.

A similar question was asked a while ago. The scenario there was, would you rather shoot par by having 18 pars or 9 birdies and 9 bogies. I still don't know my answer to that one.

Anything except bogies :alien:

A similar question was asked a while ago. The scenario there was, would you rather shoot par by having 18 pars or 9 birdies and 9 bogies. I still don't know my answer to that one.

Birdies dude, how many people can say they've made 9 birdies in one round?

Pars all day long....then if that ever got boring, hunting for birds would be fun.

LtEvO TaPpEd

Pars, because if I'm spending too much time with bogies, I might end up with doubles or triples.

I'll take old man par everyday of the week. And I agree with Dan it would be either 4 pars against 2 birds/2 bogies or 2 pars vs 1 bird and 1 bogie.

It is a great feeling to make a few birdies but when you look back at the bodies I always say those could've been pars. I'll take par all day, every day!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'll take the two pars and get my birdies later on in the round.

I'll take the 2 birdies and 2 bogeys. I'm a positive person on the golf course. After my round if I had 17 terrible holes and 1 great one I'll remember the one great one. I play every hole trying to make a par but if I could get 2 birdies I'll take that. I don't know if I've ever had 2 birdies in a round so that also plays into my decision.

Back