Birdies or Pars more satisfying?

Pars are more satisfying but birdies are more exciting

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

I'll take the par please. Stupid bogeys tend to funk up a rhythm, but the par train keeps on chugging.

2 solid pars (or should it be 4 pars vs 2 birdies, 2 bogeys). Anyway, a good solid par (hard 2-putt, up & down from tough lie, etc.) beats a birdie / bogey combination any day. Nothing keeps the momentum going or gives you that satisfaction that you 'can't be beaten' then a solid par. You trust that the birdies will happen, those putts will drop, but the par save when you were staring a bogey straight in the face, nothing is more satisfying!

To be fair, I think it should be 4 pars or two birdies and two bogeys..

And I'd probably go with the pars. Steady golf is where it's at.

Exactly what I was thinking as well. I would like the pars too, consistency is good as long as it is consistently good.

This discussion reminds me, the first time I shot even par 72, I made 6 bogies, 6 pars, and 6 birdies.

you guys can keep the pars birdies and bogeys... just gimme one frikken eagle... just one even if its not an ace

Which scenario is more satisfying to you: 2 pars or 2 birdies and 2 bogies?

The decision of consistency or highs and lows.

It all depends. Did those two pars come after missing a make able birdie putt? Were those two bogies after a really difficult lie in the fairway / super long hole / three jack/ etc.?

All things being equal, which they never are, I'd be thrilled with far more pars than bogies and birdies.

Im greedy, I want the Birdies. Birdies breed excitement when Im on the course.

pars are good for me. I will take 18 of them any day of the week. I dont do well with going high to low all day long.

Oooh, this is a tough one. I've heard analysts say that when a player is making a lot of birdies, that's a sign that they're really getting close to being on form even if the overall score for the round isn't great, so in that sense, the birdies and bogies may be good. Also, if the birdie(s) come after the bogey(s), it shows a nice bounce-back ability.

On the other hand, there is something really relaxing about those holes where you go fairway, green, 2-putts for par. Makes golf seem easy for a hole or 2...

Birdies and bogeys. Means I'm doing half of it right and I know how to score. Two pars could mean I'm putting like crap

I'll take the birdies & bogeys

Hmmmm. If it were just an isolated 4 hole stretch I'd probably take two birdies and two pars.

Hmmmm. If it were just an isolated 4 hole stretch I'd probably take two birdies and two pars.

That's not an option!

But if we're going that way, I'll take four birdies!

The best part about a par, is that it's essentially no damage to chasing 72. Birdies are great, but if they are making up for silly bogeys, they lose the zest!

I'll take the birdies all day. Any time I get a few in a short stretch I'm pleased.

I'd take the pars. My eternal course thought is "18 pars makes for a good round". Birdies happen when you play for par.[/QUOTE]

My father-in-law always told me to play bogey golf and be thankful for pars. I love the bold.

Doesn't really matter to me. I rarely make birdies, so they are exciting, but a string of pars is usually the quickest way for me to turn in a good score.

This is a tuff one. I probably would chose the steady golf but that because I am as inconsistant as it gets. I can and have had for example, 3 birds and yet have 3 snowmen(or much worse) all in the same round. One round for me many yeras ago but i'll never forget when ya talk consistancy or lack of = 5pars, 2 birds, and still shot 103. LOL
My game may not be quite that far apart anymore but close enough and still extremely inconsistant. So with that, my vote for the time being goes for the cosistancy.

I'll take 18 pars any day.

I like birdies as they warrant fist pumps

first pumping pars sometimes doesnt feel as good

I recently had 12 pars and no birdies en route to an 82 (dang triple on 18) and the pars were much more satisfying than the rounds where I have birds and bogs. As an amateur golfer, par = doing what you're supposed to do whereas bogies mean you screwed up and birdies are just icing on the cake. I'd rather do my job all day as opposed to having a birdie to get out of the mess I've gotten myself into.

I would prefer consistency in a round, so one of pars versus an even ammount of birdies and bogies would feel like a better round to me. Even with only 2 pars, vs. 2 birdies and bogies, I'd take the pars since it would be more of a streak of good play, rather than playing all over the place.

Back