Blind Ball Testing Review Thread

Thats right! We both play the i(s) too.. Hmmm. I'm really intrigued.

I hit a high ball too but I tend to be a sweeper. Maybe on my wedges I tend to dig more.

Yes indeed. The feel they describe really has my attention as well.

That seems to be what we are reading. That many are finding more distance off the tee and irons and that is without sacrificing anything around the greens. Very interesting.

Now thats exciting to me!!! I have a steep swing.. You? Sorry dude with all the questions lol, I'm really just curious. Anyone else that has a steep swing and are testing these please feel free too!

No way buddy, bring it, thats why we do the testing. I would call myself a picker, I try to take a divot with the irons and some what flat with the driver but with a high tee. I fly the ball higher than most people I play with and am working to lower that now. I could see a much lower trajectory with this ball. I'm honestly can't compair this to any ball at this point except the Nike 20xi ball. They seem pretty similar to me except a tad less spin around the greens.

Thanks Due. Its hard to get a lower flight and sometimes its just easier to find a ball that fits.

But more durable than the 20Xi?

Now way buddy, bring it, thats why we do the testing. I would call myself a picker, I try to take a divot with the irons and some what flat with the driver but with a high tee. I fly the ball higher than most people I play with and am working to lower that now. I could see a much lower trajectory with this ball. I'm honestly can't compair this to any ball at this point except the Nike 20xi ball. They seem pretty similar to me except a tad less spin around the greens.

That seems to be what we are reading. That many are finding more distance off the tee and irons and that is without sacrificing anything around the greens. Very interesting.

While the length was very nice, I would have to say the "straight" got my attention. We have a long par 5 here with a dogleg left around a pond way out there. I hit a great ball on the front with the Noodle, rare for me, that rounded the corner leaving me 245 to the pin, but had to carry a creek. On the back nine with Ball X I hit the exact same shot ending up 218 out allowing me to go for the green. I've never done that one before. The noodle had some draw where ball X didn't and still was longer.

Thanks Due. Its hard to get a lower flight and sometimes its just easier to find a ball that fits.

But more durable than the 20Xi?

Time will tell on that one. My guess is yes. The last few 20xi I played cut pretty quickly, but I need a full round on this ball to be sure.

How it reacted on the course and with the short game really had me. Then you mentioned putter and I think that's equally important if not more.

I bolded the last part because I'd love for it to be a ball that is the mid price range. Love hearing the continued feedback. Keep up the good work SW and Co!

I am hoping it is mid price range as well.

No way buddy, bring it, thats why we do the testing. I would call myself a picker, I try to take a divot with the irons and some what flat with the driver but with a high tee. I fly the ball higher than most people I play with and am working to lower that now. I could see a much lower trajectory with this ball. I'm honestly can't compair this to any ball at this point except the Nike 20xi ball. They seem pretty similar to me except a tad less spin around the greens.

I am completely the opposite. I have usually had more of a line drive ball flight with my irons, and had really been working on getting the ball up in the air. I have noticed a higher ball flight than I am used to, but at the same time, feel that my ball striking has been much better as of late.

Last edited:
Cool man! Look forward to hearing more about it.

Time will tell on that one. My guess is yes. The last few 20xi I played cut pretty quickly, but I need a full round on this ball to be sure.

You have a steep swing?

I am completely the opposite. I have usually has more of a line drive ball flight with my irons, and had really been working on getting the ball up in the air. I have noticed a higher ball flight than I am used to, but at the same time, feel that my ball striking has been much better as of late.

Great stuff everyone, it took a while to catch up on the thread, but this ball sounds like a winner.

I am completely the opposite. I have usually has more of a line drive ball flight with my irons, and had really been working on getting the ball up in the air. I have noticed a higher ball flight than I am used to, but at the same time, feel that my ball striking has been much better as of late.

Actually its pretty early for me to speculate too much without adding that 9 holes and possibly not my best ball striking day. I'm off soon to do some honey do's, but hope to get another nine in this evening at my local course.

Tap,Tap,Tap

You have a steep swing?

I realized a few weeks back that my posture had become terrible when addressing the ball. Almost leaning over the top of the ball, guess a bad habit formed, not sure where it came from.

Since that time I have been working on straightening my posture, and to have a steeper swing to get better ball flight. Feel I am striking the ball much better now, and really able to get the ball in the air compared to the line drive rollers I had got into a habit of hitting.

Good write-up duey! I'm guessing the consensus is that this ball is a little longer for everyone?

BTW, it's ballsy to put your tele# on the balls!

All good stuff today folks, I look forward to receiving the shipment from Matt and seeing what I think of the balls. Danny, you made me lol at duey's ballsy balls. Nice job.

I guess my mailman looked like he hadn't eaten or shaved in over a week from the hike up the mountain to my house... LOL I went home for lunch and found something in my mailbox. I know you can only have so many pictures of balls with no logo's on them but I had to add mine. So here they are:

blindball1.jpg

blindball2.jpg

blindball3.jpg

When I get home tonight. I will mark my balls to let people know whose they are and where they came from! I will post pictures of those next. The first chance I will get these babies flying is during league play. But I will get some chipping and putting done with them before that. Sorry I am just starting my review, but they were delivered today. Thanks for being patient.

Getting to the practice green tonight. So far on putts I like the feel. Not ultra soft but definitely not a rock IMO

So, has everyone received their golf balls so far? I haven't yet, I'm starting to get a bit worried about that. Ever since we moved, it seems as though I've lost more mail. How frustrating.

So, has everyone received their golf balls so far? I haven't yet, I'm starting to get a bit worried about that. Ever since we moved, it seems as though I've lost more mail. How frustrating.

I think there are still a few that haven't responded but I think the majority of the East Coasters have received theirs.

TC, I hope you find them soon. I hate when you move I feel like you always lose stuff. I had address forwarding and am still not getting stuff from my old house.. so frustrating

I think there are still a few that haven't responded but I think the majority of the East Coasters have received theirs.

That's what I thought.

TC, I hope you find them soon. I hate when you move I feel like you always lose stuff. I had address forwarding and am still not getting stuff from my old house.. so frustrating

I know dude, it's been a pain for the last 6 weeks or so.

If they aren't hear in a few days, I'll let the powers that be know.

Really enjoying the testing results here everyone!! A longer drive with plenty of greenside responsiveness... I can't wait to hear what this ball really is!

It's interesting to see the different takes on the spin of the ball. Spin is such a personal thing as your perception relies so heavily on the ball you normally play/prefer and your ability to impart spin.

I can't wait to get this on the monitor. I was going to wait until Thursday, but it may end up being tomorrow afternoon if I can swing it.

It's interesting to see the different takes on the spin of the ball. Spin is such a personal thing as your perception relies so heavily on the ball you normally play/prefer and your ability to impart spin.

I can't wait to get this on the monitor. I was going to wait until Thursday, but it may end up being tomorrow afternoon if I can swing it.

I can't wait to see your results. I myself just didn't see much spin anywhere with these.

I can't wait to see your results. I myself just didn't see much spin anywhere with these.

That's wild, but you play a very spinny ball normally right?

I never spin a ball back, but these were stopping very quickly on firmer greens for me. I hit a high ball, so that's certainly part of it as well.

Can't wait to see what the launch monitor says, I wish I had access to one!

That's wild, but you play a very spinny ball normally right?

I never spin a ball back, but these were stopping very quickly on firmer greens for me. I hit a high ball, so that's certainly part of it as well.

Actually I was playing spinny balls, ProV1 and Penta with the occassional B330RXS tossed in, but quit when the fairways started getting rock hard and greens really soft from extra watering. I've been playing Noodles a lot of the time over the last few weeks to gain distance and roll out.

Actually I was playing spinny balls, ProV1 and Penta with the occassional B330RXS tossed in, but quit when the fairways started getting rock hard and greens really soft from extra watering. I've been playing Noodles a lot of the time over the last few weeks to gain distance and roll out.

How does the mystery ball compare to the Noodle?

Back