Blind Ball Testing Review Thread

If you read through this thread you will see that I did compare the blind ball on a LM to a Cally Warbird, which is a cheaper ball and a Pro V1.

Oh ok, thanks. I will check it out!

If you read through this thread you will see that I did compare the blind ball on a LM to a Cally Warbird, which is a cheaper ball and a Pro V1.

And correct me if I'm wrong but I think others did some LM testing as well.

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Just looked at your comparisons Hawk...I must say that's exactly why I don't play the ProV1 haha. It would have been interesting to see your wedge spin with the Warbird. I would imagine the spin being considerably lower since it's a cheaper ball geared more towards distance. The B330-RX is a great ball. I play the B330S because it fits to my swing speed. Thus I get low spin with the driver and good feel and spin around the greens :)...can't beat Bridgestone man!

And correct me if I'm wrong but I think others did some LM testing as well.

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Yes, we had two testers take the ball to a LM. I really wish I had access to one.

Picked up a box on my way at home Golf Galaxy.
Had a $10 off rebate from the Members Club so they only cost me $32 plus tax.

Made me :giggle:

I had a spirited conversation with a fellow this weekend about how overrated the V1 series was....he was maybe a 20. I couldn't convince him the ball change might do him good.

That was me 3 years ago that you are talking about, but I was more like a 12 hcp. Seriously, it is hard to convince someone who has convinced themselves that the ProV1 is the best ball for them, I just knew it was the best for me until I did a launch monitor fitting with Bridgestone, and then it still took me 3 months to come over to the RX.

That was me 3 years ago that you are talking about, but I was more like a 12 hcp. Seriously, it is hard to convince someone who has convinced themselves that the ProV1 is the best ball for them, I just knew it was the best for me until I did a launch monitor fitting with Bridgestone, and then it still took me 3 months to come over to the RX.

Yup. I used to be all snobby like that with Titleist. It's the best because that's what the pros hit. Boy was I a fool.

The B330 RX is so far my all time favorite ball. No ball has it all and no ball is perfect. The B330 RX is perfect in the right places (consistency, predictability, read the thread) for me.

Man, this is one fascinating thread. I swear if I was a research psychologist, I'd write a grant so I could study this in more detail.

Picked up a box of the 330RX after all the good feedback in this thread. Have only played a couple of holes with it (I was playing so well with the e6 that I didn't want to stop), but so far it is great. Good distance, nice feel/sound on irons, and totally respectable short game performance. Nice ball and thanks to all the reviewers for their great write-ups.

Yup. I used to be all snobby like that with Titleist. It's the best because that's what the pros hit. Boy was I a fool.

The B330 RX is so far my all time favorite ball. No ball has it all and no ball is perfect. The B330 RX is perfect in the right places (consistency, predictability, read the thread) for me.

THIS! I was the same way, the ProV1 is the #1 ball on tour, so if it was the best for them it should be the best for me, right?........WRONG, and it really took this blind ball testing to prove that to me. The B330-RX is the perfect ball for me, I compress it much better so it maximizes my distance, I hit it straighter, I get great control with my short game and it rolls true off the putter......and oh yes.....it comes in YELLOW!

I've been toying with the RX and the S over the last couple weeks, and must say Bridgestone has really stepped up their game in the ball dept, the feel off the driver with the S is really nice, and both balls are incredible around the green.

Just picked up a dozen B330-RX - going to try them out this weekend. This was a great test!

Pretty cool seeing the impact of this thread and how its stuck around. The B330-RX is a great ball, I loved it before the test and even more now, lol.

I think Bridgestone is doing a tremendous job of bringing quality balls to the market and I love the fact that they are focusing on the largest audience - non-professionals. There are soo many great options out there now, it's great. I think this thread proves is that amatuers and non-professionals can really benefit from a tour-level ball. Whether or not you want to pay for them is another issue, but it's nice to have options for those of use that swing at amauter speeds. I used to be all about distance and low spin balls but after tinkering with the tour-level balls, I dont think I can ever go back. Greenside control is so important in giving you closer chances at pars and birdies, etc. Other than the Gamer V2 and maybe the E5 (which are standouts in their price range) I am now a full believer in the less spinny - tour level ball category, the RX, I(z), Penta, V1x, etc. I think these balls can give us (hackers) an edge w/o sacrificing much or any distance. This was a great thread idea and I am glad to see it prove what Bstone's marketing had hoped.

Pretty cool seeing the impact of this thread and how its stuck around. The B330-RX is a great ball, I loved it before the test and even more now, lol.

Definitely loving the fact that a lot of people have picked this ball up after the reveal, and especially the facts that it opened some eyes of readers, not just the testers. I have switched balls completely to the B330-RX, like I said many times during the testing, the ball just works for me. I had been set in my ways for a long time on which ball I used, and unfortunately, I choose for the wrong reasons, those being brand name vs performance.

Just thought I would share for those that might be interested. The pink RX's are now in stores.

--
tapatalk

Just thought I would share for those that might be interested. The pink RX's are now in stores.

--
tapatalk

Are you thinking about picking up a dozen Danny? :D

Are you thinking about picking up a dozen Danny? :D

Of course, I'm gonna use them at the Georgia get together. That rough at old union is brutal and pink shows up really well.

--
tapatalk

Of course, I'm gonna use them at the Georgia get together. That rough at old union is brutal and pink shows up really well.

--
tapatalk

I hope we don't get yours mixed up with KellyBo's, but then again as well as she has been playing lately I would swap drives with her all day.

--
tapatalk

I think yellow is about as far as I'll go thank you...lol

Back