Blind Ball Testing Review Thread

I love this ball. That is all.

Its a great ball, I keep going switching between the B330-RX and the Penta. I love the Pentas 3 box's for $80 but the RX just feels so good. I have found a sports authority that has last years RX for $30 a box and I always buy them.

Its a great ball, I keep going switching between the B330-RX and the Penta. I love the Pentas 3 box's for $80 but the RX just feels so good. I have found a sports authority that has last years RX for $30 a box and I always buy them.

For that price I would stock up!

Have to agree there. I don't know how old you are, but I came to a similar conclusion in my mid-thirties.

Well, I call Old Gray a whippersnapper. :D I am 63 until December, if I live that long. :pray:

What do you like most about it Spank?

Gave me some distance and it felt great off the driver. Soft off the putter which I like. I guess with my swing it felt like I could squeeze it nice. I think I still have a sleeve left (saved for a good occasion) and if I do I'll let you hit some on the 10th.

I too love this ball. I got my dozen from Danny.P. I have a question...

Is it easier to lose a ball with a logo on it? It seems now that I have a dozen, I keep losing them right and left! When I was playing with the blind ball, I didn't seem to lose them as often. Maybe it's as the others mentioned about making sure to focus on not losing them. Now that I have some, I seem to back to my old ways... LOL

I too love this ball. I got my dozen from Danny.P. I have a question...

Is it easier to lose a ball with a logo on it? It seems now that I have a dozen, I keep losing them right and left! When I was playing with the blind ball, I didn't seem to lose them as often. Maybe it's as the others mentioned about making sure to focus on not losing them. Now that I have some, I seem to back to my old ways... LOL

It's a mental thing. If you focus on keeping it in play, you have a better chance to do so. If you are just out there free swinging, better chance at a mishit.

I tried the RX at the beginning of the year and compared them to the Penta before settling on the Penta. I am about out of golf balls so I think I might grab another dozen of the RX to give them a try again after reading this thread. Maybe I didn't give them a good enough look...

And the moment you all have been waiting for. When we started this, it was our goal to see how marketing played a role in the golf ball one plays and how distance and spin could be perceived differently by different people. We contacted Bridgestone to see about a chance to do a completely blind ball testing with a certain ball. They loved the idea and got some blank balls sent to us. I have to say in all of our forum testing we have done, this has been the most enjoyable. If you go back and read this entire thread, it is filled with fantastic information.

The golf ball you have been using is the Bridgestone B330-RX from their 2011 line.

Holy he'll TC nailed it after one round, you're a god.

I found that the Wal-Mart here have last years model of the RX on clearance for $32. I got a box a couple of weeks ago but with work and stupid Irene I haven't been able to get out lately.

It's a mental thing. If you focus on keeping it in play, you have a better chance to do so. If you are just out there free swinging, better chance at a mishit.

Yep, I said it as soon as it was unveiled, now that there is not a limited supply of them, I'm spraying them all over the place!

I've read through everything on this thread and what a fantastic thread. I love the idea of testing balls blank....I wish there was a reliable way to test multiple brands like this in a head to head challange. In the printing industry for blind samples we mark the bottom of 1 with a star, 1 with a square, and 1 with a circle. That way at the end we are able to identify. I know that as ball manufactures they most likely would not be interested in a heads up blind comparison....but its nice to dream!

So now that the testing is done, For those that tested the balls, can you please answer the following questions?
1) What ball did you play before the blind ball test?
2) Will you be switching over to the Test Ball (B330RX) now?
3) Please explain why you will or will not be switching.

So now that the testing is done, For those that tested the balls, can you please answer the following questions?

1. B330RX
2. Already play it. I use it or a lower cost ball depending on my swing, conditions, and finances.
3. N/A

I played the TriSpeed Tour
I already bought a dozen of the B330RX
I was seeing a lot more distance and accuracy off of the tee. But the durability is what struck me. I still cannot wrap my head around how strong the cover is. I spoke with a Bridgestone contact via the ball fitting chat, he said it was how the cover was applid to the ball that made it so durable. To say I am impressed with the durability would be an understatement.

1. Played the E6.
2. Switched.
3. In a nutshell the B330 RX thumps the E6 on the course. I can find no glaring faults of the B330 RX.

1. E6
2. Yes
3. I didn't seem to lose and distance and it was just as straight for me. Huge improvement around the greens for me. It is worth the extra cash for when it performs as well of the tee for me and will actually stop where I expect it too on the green. I did get a test pilot pack from Vision and will be testing the different Vision balls over the next month. It is nice to be able to communicate directly w/ Boz. In the end the Vision ball will need to perform as well as the Blind ball for a spot in my bag.

1. Mostly ProV1x
2. Yes, already have
3. I felt I compressed this ball better than the ProV or the Penta so I saw increased distance and accuracy and tons of control around the green. This ball just works for my game, especially my short game. And it's extremely durable and doesn't scuff easily....AND IT COMES IN YELLOW!

I ran out of balls today, definitely going to grab some of these to try again now. Anyone seen any good deals on them anywhere online recently?

1. B330RX
2. Already play it. I use it or a lower cost ball depending on my swing, conditions, and finances.
3. N/A

These are my answers, on answer 2 I will sometimes play the e-5 during the fall/winter when leaves are on the ground and you can lose a ball very easily.

1 Diablo Tour
2 Not sure yet. I DID buy a dozen, but I still have a ton of Visions to go through before I make any decisions.
3. See 2. IF, and that's a capitalized IF, the RX's still play out as phenomenal as ever, then I will switch. If not, then I will play Visions, or maybe another ball. I am a mid-level fan because I just can't pay > $40-50 for a damn dozen. However, if I can keep the things in between the white stakes, I'll play 'em.

I managed to scuff one of the test balls after beating it into my lean to in the backyard after the 16th shot as I recall. It's back 20 pages or so. Even the mark I inflicted on the ball was not enough to retire it. I realize the cost is prohibitive for the majority of golfers, but the only thing that made me take one out of play was when it drowned or got lost in the trees. If you lose a lot of balls maybe try something else. If you tend to keep things in play or play a wide open course the cost is offset by the incredible durability of this ball.

1) Callaway Tour i(s)
2) Maybe but I did like it much better than my i(s)
3) Still on the fence as I have played this ball in the past and like the RX-S or 330-S much better. Unfortunately, finances are also a factor and I'll tend to play a ball I can better afford with the same type qualities. Used is also an option and I look for the balls above at first when shopping.

A little late to this reveal, but never the less... not surprising it was a Bridgestone Tour ball. They are fantastic balls. I love the fact they have a premium ball for pretty much every kind of swing. So glad this opened some eyes and brought some game changing distance off the tee for many testers. Awesome reviews and really, just an awesome blind ball test.

Now if Bridgestone would just have a little Penta-like 3 for 80 dollar sale, I can jump back on the B330 bandwagon myself!

It's really neat to find out that you guys/gals were all testing a ball that I have tried and been impressed by in recent months. Looking back over all the reviews, I can say that everything that was said made sense and correlated with my opinions on the B330-RX as well. Kudos to Bridgestone and THP for giving this opportunity. It's been a pleasure reading this thread.

I am new here but this was on hell of a thread!! Great job THP and Bridgestone. Perhaps all tests should be blind??

Back