Boccieri Heavy Driver - Forum Testing Review

Good stuff guys...
I'm almost positive I'm going to pick one of these up. I've sent an email through the Boccieri golf website to request to talk to Mr. Boccieri and get his advice on what I should be looking for. I've received an email from Deb and she said he's out of the office till labor day, but is checking emails and making calls...
I'm hoping to hear from him soon! With all the reviews I'm excited to try this out for myself... and maybe expand to a few other Boccieri products if it works out...

Good stuff guys...
I'm almost positive I'm going to pick one of these up. I've sent an email through the Boccieri golf website to request to talk to Mr. Boccieri and get his advice on what I should be looking for. I've received an email from Deb and she said he's out of the office till labor day, but is checking emails and making calls...
I'm hoping to hear from him soon! With all the reviews I'm excited to try this out for myself... and maybe expand to a few other Boccieri products if it works out...

I've been waiting on a few emails as well.

That is awesome! I went to the driving range yesterday for a bit and I was hitting the HD. The guy next to me noticed the unique sound and asked me what it was. I was gushing about my love for this driver and he asked if he could hit it. I told him absolutely, and this 60 year old guy was just stripping it. I was impressed because mine has an X Stiff shaft in it. He asked where he could get one and I was so happy to tell him that the closest golf shop to us, Fiddlers Green, has them. His eyes lit up! I think there maybe another Heavy Driver at that driving range soon!

Very nice! I was just in Indy on Friday and visited both Golfsmith and Golf Galaxy and outside of a few Heavy putters, the Boccieri clubs are just not there. I know there is no easy answer to this, but it is a shame that more people are not getting a chance to see and demo these clubs. I would love to try the full line and I have been thinking about making a iron change, but there is no where close to me that sells the brand.

Very nice! I was just in Indy on Friday and visited both Golfsmith and Golf Galaxy and outside of a few Heavy putters, the Boccieri clubs are just not there. I know there is no easy answer to this, but it is a shame that more people are not getting a chance to see and demo these clubs. I would love to try the full line and I have been thinking about making a iron change, but there is no where close to me that sells the brand.

I was in my normal golf shop saturday and was telling the guy that does all my regripping and bending about it and he didnt even know Boccieri Golf, i finally was like Heavy Putter and he was like they make clubs other than putters, the name is just not out there

I'm playing tomorrow and will post a follow up. The last two times I have played I was having trouble yanking it left. I know its ball position and just need to swing it out.

I hope to get a solid range session in tomorrow.. This weather is just killing me paired with my work schedule... Excited to get back out there.

I played 18 and had a range session this past weekend and continue to see the same results with the HD. On well struck shots, the HD is every yard as far and as straight as my SuperTri. Both clubs have similar ball flights and trajectories on the well struck shots. The main difference is the performance on poorly struck shots. With my miss (almost always on the toe), the HD is consistantly about 10 yards shorter than my ST. The ball flight with my HD misses are usually low lining hooks. Like HG, I will have my wife try this club next time she goes to the range with me. Besides the added weight helping her tempo and plane, I'm sure she will like the shorter shaft length too.

I used some tape on the clubface and found my worst misses (both distance and direction) were coming when I missed high on the toe. Low toe misses didnt hook as badly, but I did notice consider distance loss over times when I hit the center.

Last edited:
Had an unreal range session today. Cant wait to get on the course. I was crushing this driver. One of the best of the day!

What a sound this driver makes, and the ball just screams off the face.

Last edited:
Had an unreal range session today. Cant wait to get on the course. I was crushing this driver. One of the best of the day!

I agree Thainer, the well struck shots really do scream off the face and the impact sound is perfect (IMO). Its not 'pingy' like my previous Nike Sumo2 SQ 5900 but its not a dead thud either. When I talked to Mr B. he indicated they did special research and testing in terms of acoustics during impact. Since the clubhead is not welded together, the impact sound is consistent. (Glad you got a helper for your video :beauty:)

Meaty!!:golf2:

Very very nice. I do like the sound of the HD. It's not my favorite, but in terms of new drivers on the market today, it probably is my favorite sounding driver.

I do love the sound of the heavy Driver. It sounds totally different than my R11, but I really love the sound of both.

Has anyone experienced any extra slipping of the grip during these hot summer days? I am seeing some slippage like I have seen previously with the Golf Pride Tour Velvet grips. These have a similar tact and grip pattern, but I am curious to see if others are seeing anything similar.

Has anyone experienced any extra slipping of the grip during these hot summer days? I am seeing some slippage like I have seen previously with the Golf Pride Tour Velvet grips. These have a similar tact and grip pattern, but I am curious to see if others are seeing anything similar.

Not at all dxu. The grips are holding up fairly well for me. I dont put a ton of pressure on the grip though.

The grips are essentially Tour Velvets, so they are going to respond like Tour Velvets. That being said, I haven't noticed any slipping or wear, but that may be more to do with my Hirzl glove than anything. That glove is the grippiest glove I have ever used!

I went to the range last night to prep for a round I have scheduled this weekend. While I spent the chunk of my time working on bunker shots, I carved out 15 mins to hit the Heavy Driver side by side with my SuperTri. The weather was a bit cooler, being this was around 7 pm, so I did not see any slippage on the grip like I have previously during the heat of the day. I switched back and forth every 10 balls and I continually hit a nice high draw with my SuperTri carrying the majority of shots just past the 250 pin. I had a few quick hooks with the ST, but the majority of them were around the 250 pin I was aiming for.

The Heavy Driver had mixed results. I found that I really need 2 different swings in order to have the most success with the HD. My best shots are when I hit very controlled swings, almost to the point where I felt like I was 'backing off' the throttle a bit. But with this swing, I found the center of the face much more often and hit my typical draw at the 250 pin. The trajectory was lower than my ST trajectory, but the distance was similar (just passing my 250 aim pin). When I used my normal driver swing or swung like I was trying to go after it, I would most often miss out towards the toe and I would see a low hook.

Once I found the slower swing was the key, I was hitting consistent shots with the HD, even when switching back and forth to my ST. While I was in the groove on the range, I wonder if I can harness this HD controlled swing on the course or during the heat of a match. Over 2+ months of testing, I continue to be impressed with how well the club has held up in terms of wear. The face does not have any wear spots and the sole only has the light surface scratches I've seen with previous drivers. Fortunately, still no pop up marks.

IMAG0211.jpg

IMAG0212.jpg

IMAG0213.jpg

Here's a pic I cant remember seeing before. This is what I call the "balance point" of the club. Basically this is the point on the shaft where the head and grip are parallel to the ground when being held on the tip of my finger. Hopefully this is easy to see, I need to get a helper like Thainer had...

IMAG0217.jpg

For comparisons sake, here is the balance point of my TaylorMade SuperTri Driver (8, 1, 6 weight layout)
IMAG0218.jpg

Last edited:
Hopefully this is easy to see, I need to get a helper like Thainer had...

IMAG0217.jpg

Great post Dubbs. You gotta get a cute one like me!

I also need to comment on the durability of the finish of this golf club. Still looks practically brand new.

Hey guys, I wanted to show what my typical miss and my typical fix was with this driver. Because this driver plays an inch shorter, my miss is low inside-flair right. Its a big issue of mine and this driver has helped me stay down and through the ball. As you can see on the second swing, my posture is better, which results in a pure strike on the golf ball.

Sorry for the poor quality, ill reload in HD when I get a chance...

Thainer: getting message stating, An error occurred, please try again later.

I think the vid is just fine Thainer. Nice swing btw. I had to laugh though because I don't watch my bad shots either, just hurry up and grab another ball, but the good ones I watch all the way.

I think the vid is just fine Thainer. Nice swing btw. I had to laugh though because I don't watch my bad shots either, just hurry up and grab another ball, but the good ones I watch all the way.

Hahah yep. I knew exactly where it was headed.

Great Video Thainer, your swing looks great man, really good

Thanks for sharing Thain! I either see a high push fade or a low pull hook. But most of the time the flight is pretty good. BTW I like how the camera girl was laughing at your bad shot!

Back