Boccieri Heavy Fairway Wood Testers Thread

Question for you guys.

What are your results with a typical miss? No club is perfect and I would like to know how good your misses are if that makes any sense. Wondering if there is a consensus even with everyone's varied swings. Just trying to sort through the thread and I can't seem to get a firm handle on the forgiveness of the club.

Don't get me wrong, I love hearing about the bombs and darts as well.

no doubt about my miss, its right.

I dont know if Ive hit 2-3 balls total left. But thats to be expected cause its my miss with all of my clubs.

Question for you guys.

What are your results with a typical miss? No club is perfect and I would like to know how good your misses are if that makes any sense. Wondering if there is a consensus even with everyone's varied swings. Just trying to sort through the thread and I can't seem to get a firm handle on the forgiveness of the club.

My miss is a hook with my other fairway wood but with this club its just a pull that doesnt go offline as much as the hook does.

Awesome, thanks guys. Testing and reviewing is hard work and you're all doing well.

One more question. Given how this club is balanced how does it do when you have to choke down? Sometimes I will try stupid side hill shots because I am stupid. Sorry if this has been answered, I may have missed it.

I havent had any bad side hill lies with it but have choked down with it on range and have seen great results, just a little shorter than normal (about 10 yards) but still either straight or slight fade

Now my misses are hooks, so i am opposite from the other guys. but then the last couple of days i have really struggled to hit anything well. My last two range session i couldn't hit anything but slices, hooks or off the toe. So I have been struggling and I know it is my swing so hopefully tonight I can get it straightened out and have more to report on my 5 wood.

Awesome, thanks guys. Testing and reviewing is hard work and you're all doing well.

One more question. Given how this club is balanced how does it do when you have to choke down? Sometimes I will try stupid side hill shots because I am stupid. Sorry if this has been answered, I may have missed it.

Good question griff. Interesting one as well, with this club being a bit shorter than my normal fairway wood, I havent felt the need to choke down on the club. But, to partially answer your question, I was on a pretty good downslope on Sunday, in the rough, but still about 250ish from the hole and pulled the Heavy 3 Wood from the bag. Although I was in the rough, and on a down slope, I didn't feel the need to choke down on it as I would with my current Superfast 3W. If I would have compensated for the lie a bit more, the shot would have had better results. My shot went straight as could be, unfortunately I was aimed dead right of the hole and was left for a shot over the cart path and a trap to the green. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the club performed out of 1. the rough and 2. the side-hill lie. Smooth swing, and with the smaller face on the club, cut through the rough quite well to get good contact on the ball.

Here's another picture of the difference in shaft length of the two 3Ws.
DSC_0402.JPG

Now my misses are hooks, so i am opposite from the other guys. but then the last couple of days i have really struggled to hit anything well. My last two range session i couldn't hit anything but slices, hooks or off the toe. So I have been struggling and I know it is my swing so hopefully tonight I can get it straightened out and have more to report on my 5 wood.

That's with the 5 Wood...correct?

I've seen a couple references to the club having an open face. Do they actually sit open?

Question for you guys.

My miss with the Heavy 3wood is personally a slice, usually because I'm hitting it fat and opening up the clubface or not turning my hands over so more slice as opposed to a push myself.

I haven't tried with the 3wood (choking down) myself either but I'll hit those sidehill lies all day myself man. I always think I can make the shot standing over it so I'll try anything once!

I've seen a couple references to the club having an open face. Do they actually sit open?

Hawk, to my untrained eye, I honestly can't tell. Because my miss is a fade/slice now I can't confirm it either as I think that is much more a swing flaw.

I know that the hybrid doesn't look like it's open, but I can't recall on the fairway.

It doesn't appear to be, but I'll see if I can get in touch with a guy who has the equipment measure things like that. Maybe get a swing weight and overall weight measurement also.

It doesn't appear to be, but I'll see if I can get in touch with a guy who has the equipment measure things like that. Maybe get a swing weight and overall weight measurement also.

To me mine sits open at least a 0.5* to 1*, maybe it just appears that way, i dont know but it sure looks open and plays like a open faced club.

To me mine sits open at least a 0.5* to 1*, maybe it just appears that way, i dont know but it sure looks open and plays like a open faced club.

Maybe it's a grip thing?

I don't see this club as sitting open at all. Or closed for that matter...

Maybe it's a grip thing?

its gotta be something, no way could it be my swing:act-up:

Maybe it's a grip thing?

nope, not a grip thing, i can sit it side by side with my 3 wood that is dead square at the moment and you can see its open slightly, i have to go back to work right now but i will get some pics up later tonight.

nope, not a grip thing, i can sit it side by side with my 3 wood that is dead square at the moment and you can see its open slightly, i have to go back to work right now but i will get some pics up later tonight.

ill try to do the same from my phone

Sometimes the shape of the club can make it appear to open or closed, but you may be right, it certainly plays for me like it has a slight open face.

Sometimes the shape of the club can make it appear to open or closed, but you may be right, it certainly plays for me like it has a slight open face.

exactly, thats the same thing im dealing with, but then again, im dealing with the same issues with my driver.

That's with the 5 Wood...correct?

that is correct, but i am having that issue with all my clubs right now for some reason. It is not just the Boccieri.

08302011017.jpg

Took this pic with my cell and it doesn't appear open to me, but again it's hard to tell without the right equipment.

maybe Im crossed eyed and they all look open

08302011017.jpg

Took this pic with my cell and it doesn't appear open to me, but again it's hard to tell without the right equipment.

I never thought it looked open at all. That's a good picture you too BBB.

I never thought it looked open at all. That's a good picture you too BBB.

I suppose a simple email to Boccieri Golf might clear up any questions. I looked on the site and didn't see face angle listed in the specs.

Im going to get a couple pics really quick then put them on here.

Back