Boccieri Heavy Fairway Wood Testers Thread

Nice update Spiff, I really feel like the weighting of this club helps maintain that smooth, consistent, tempoed swing through out the rest of the clubs.

Agreed, great update. I'm really starting to like the sound of this club. The backweighting really intrigues me. How do the other testers feel about noticing the backweighting? If it isn't noticeable then I'd love to give this club when it's available for lefties just to see how it affects my swing/ball flight. Great job testers!

Thanks guys. The sound of the club with solid contact alone is enough to keep me coming back to it. And as I mentioned even not swinging for a couple days and switching between clubs its not that noticeable to me anymore. Its definitely in my head though... so I'm not sure if that's good or bad!

Agreed, great update. I'm really starting to like the sound of this club. The backweighting really intrigues me. How do the other testers feel about noticing the backweighting? If it isn't noticeable then I'd love to give this club when it's available for lefties just to see how it affects my swing/ball flight. Great job testers!

---
- I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

The backweighting is a non issue for me as well, at first it was noticable just from the heft of the club(not heavy by any means) also noticable by the balance of the club. I think after your first few times with it you wont notice it all besides making the smoothest on tempo swings of your life, also the consistency is unreal.

Thanks guys. The sound of the club with solid contact alone is enough to keep me coming back to it....

Agreed. You can tell just by the sound alone if you hit it on the screws.

Also, when I check the face of the club, the majority of my shots are right there on the sweet spot. I don't think I've had one way out on the toe or one hosel rocket at all since trying this club out. I feel the smaller head helps me hit that oh so elusive sweet spot with much better consistency.

The backweighting is a non issue for me as well, at first it was noticable just from the heft of the club(not heavy by any means) also noticable by the balance of the club. I think after your first few times with it you wont notice it all besides making the smoothest on tempo swings of your life, also the consistency is unreal.

I feel exactly the same!

Thanks so much for the quick feedback! You guys are awesome! Well you have convinced me that this wood, along with the rest of the Boccieri line with the backweighting technology, is worth a try. Now I just wait for the lefty version...

---

Agreed. You can tell just by the sound alone if you hit it on the screws.

Also, when I check the face of the club, the majority of my shots are right there on the sweet spot. I don't think I've had one way out on the toe or one hosel rocket at all since trying this club out. I feel the smaller head helps me hit that oh so elusive sweet spot with much better consistency.

agree 100% the wear is right on the sweet spot for me, i dont think ive hit the sweet spot this consistent ever with a fairway wood

---

Thanks so much for the quick feedback! You guys are awesome! Well you have convinced me that this wood, along with the rest of the Boccieri line with the backweighting technology, is worth a try. Now I just wait for the lefty version...

---

Wanted to throw my .02 in on the backweighting of the club. The key thing to note about the backweighting is not to increase the weight, but to increase the balance of the club. With the balance of the club being shifted to higher up the shaft, the technology is set to make you have a smoother take back (not like a whip), and a more balanced swing, providing a square face at impact. All things considered, the technology of the balance and weighting of the club, should reduce hooks and slices due to it being square at the moment of impact. During the swing, the weight isnt noticeable. The only thing that I notice, is that the club just feels very smooth when swinging.

Wanted to throw my .02 in on the backweighting of the club. The key thing to note about the backweighting is not to increase the weight, but to increase the balance of the club. With the balance of the club being shifted to higher up the shaft, the technology is set to make you have a smoother take back (not like a whip), and a more balanced swing, providing a square face at impact. All things considered, the technology of the balance and weighting of the club, should reduce hooks and slices due to it being square at the moment of impact. During the swing, the weight isnt noticeable. The only thing that I notice, is that the club just feels very smooth when swinging.

Great explanation!!

Great update Spiff, I too find that I don't notice the counter balancing, and also that it doesn't seem to have any affect on my swings with my other clubs. Well, at least not any negative affects so far, it's too early to really say if it has a positive affect on my swing overall.

10-1-11 Balance Pics

10-1-11 Balance Pics

Hey all since I'm not able to get on course for at least a couple more days I wanted to throw up some pics of the balance compared to my current 3 wood
(910F). To some it might not look like allot but there is about a 3-4 inch difference. The Heavy Wood compared to my 3 wood feels more balanced, I swing it more consistently, and I am seeing more sweet spot hits.

I am hardly hitting anything toward the toe or heel, my miss so far is high or low with the Heavy Wood and thats something new for me. My normal miss is toward the toe but center club face with every other club and with the Heavy Wood its mainly high on the face. Thats it until I can get back on course, if you have any questions ask away. Thanks

Boccieriballance.jpg

Boccieriballance2.jpg

Boccieriballance3.jpg

Interesting, 10yd, how your club is much closer in balance to the heavy 3w than the super light clubs were, like in the pics posted by war.eagle.

Interesting, 10yd, how your club is much closer in balance to the heavy 3w than the super light clubs were, like in the pics posted by war.eagle.

I noticed that too. Interesting at the difference in center of balance between different types of 3Ws.

I know, theres actually quite a bit of difference but compared to the ultra light fairway woods it has been compared to it looks close. UL clubs have never really worked for me so maybe thats why the Heavy Wood and my current 3 wood work so well.

I noticed that too. Interesting at the difference in center of balance between different types of 3Ws.

I know, theres actually quite a bit of difference but compared to the ultra light fairway woods it has been compared to it looks close. UL clubs have never really worked for me so maybe thats why the Heavy Wood and my current 3 wood work so well.

It's funny though because, even with the different balance, the same smooth swing gets the best results from each club, for me.

It's funny though because, even with the different balance, the same smooth swing gets the best results from each club, for me.

True, a smooth swing does wonders for any club IMO

*activate italian voice*
*Hey 10Yard, what the heck you doing over there staring at me like im some piece of meat?*
Well since having my tooth pulled I cant get out to the course to hit you.
*Suck it up nancy, I need to be hit, I cant take you coming over here and taking my headcover off all day long.*
Your going to have to wait until Sunday Heavy Wood, its killing me too.
*At least take me out in the backyard and swing me.*
Ok its a date.
*deactivate italian voice*
Sorry guys the pain meds and not playing golf is making me go nuts lol.

haha You sure you haven't added anything to those meds? Don't sweat it bud I'm uploading a worms eye view of some shots from light rough at the range for your viewing displeasure.

btw If you wanna share some of them meds...j/k

Here's some quick footage of me hitting some balls from light rough.

haha You sure you haven't added anything to those meds? Don't sweat it bud I'm uploading a worms eye view of some shots from light rough at the range for your viewing displeasure.

btw If you wanna share some of them meds...j/k

haha ya its only the meds and lack of sleep. I plan on having a great time playing Sunday whether I play good or horrible lol, I will just be glad to be out hitting this Heavy Wood. I will have to watch the videos tomorrow, im hitting the sack. Im loving all these videos were doing during this testing, it really helps capture the sound instead of trying to put it into words

lol i watched, i couldnt resist. Nice video man, love the sound of this club

Haha yeah it does sound sweet, except the first one where I got about four inches of grass and dirt between the ball and clubhead.

Love that video 3B, I would have smashed my camera though. LOL.

haha, thanks war. I kept it a safe 6" or so away.

Here's some quick footage of me hitting some balls from light rough.

great video, really captures that solid sound of the club, 3 out of 4 aint bad at all!

Quick question the those with the 5 wood: How would you compare the distance of the Heavy 5 Wood to that of a 3 hybrid (if you carry one)? Do you see any benefit to the heavy 5 wood over a hybrid?

...just tap it in...

Back