Boccieri Heavy Fairway Wood Testers Thread

See the wear marks, pretty much in the same spot, I would def say consistency is there with the Heavy Wood

way to beat up that sweet spot!!!!!

lol its a little higher than I would like but I will take it.

I find that I hit the heavy 3w on the nut a lot also. I'll have to see if I can get some pics of the wear marks.

When I swing easy with my Launcher I have a tendency to pop it up and lose distance that way is what I should have said.
I think what it really comes down to is keeping my left wrist flat at impact. The one lesson I have taken showed that I have a tendency to want to "scoop" that wrist at the point of contact. I have been working really hard to get rid of that problem. Even bought a Tour Striker Pro 7i to work on it.

haha That's my number one fault, along with most every other average golfer. imo Harvey Penick claimed it was the number fault among amateur golfers.

haha That's my number one fault, along with most every other average golfer. imo Harvey Penick claimed it was the number fault among amateur golfers.

im guilty of this as well

Well I am hoping to at least hit the range today, if the rain stays away im going after work. I have tee times for saturday and sunday morning so I will def have a update with those

Well I am hoping to at least hit the range today, if the rain stays away im going after work. I have tee times for saturday and sunday morning so I will def have a update with those

we have had rain for 3 days in a row, started again today. Im hoping to get out saturday and sunday and I havea few friends Saturday who want to try this club out!

we have had rain for 3 days in a row, started again today. Im hoping to get out saturday and sunday and I havea few friends Saturday who want to try this club out!

Interesting to see how they like it, my bet is they hit it great

Still at work but it's been raining off and on, if it's not raining when I get off I'm hitting the range. Will update once I get back. I'm ready to hit this bad boy.

Some interesting observations here. I agree that I tend to hit my other clubs better after hitting the Heavy Hybrid and I swear I hit the sweet spot with it more than any other club.

Some interesting observations here. I agree that I tend to hit my other clubs better after hitting the Heavy Hybrid and I swear I hit the sweet spot with it more than any other club.

Agreed. Same here!

Just remembered this. I was talking a club fitter/teaching professional yesterday and he mentioned that he had been installing backweighting in clubs a lot lately to get people on the sweetspot more often.

There is no doubt about that Hawk. I am not sure if it's the so called "honeymoon" phase that I am still having with the Heavy Wood or not, but I swear as of this moment, it's the most consistent club in my bag.

Another note, I have never bought into the so called warm-up or training clubs, but this has fallen into that category for me. A couple good swings with the HW and I am ready to get it going. I have struggled for my entire golfing life to hit a 3W, I wonder how different of a case that would be for me if I had started out from the get-go with the Boccieri?

I will say that I've been playing the hybrid for over two months and I'm better with it now than I was then.

Just remembered this. I was talking a club fitter/teaching professional yesterday and he mentioned that he had been installing backweighting in clubs a lot lately to get people on the sweetspot more often.

That's interesting. I know that Boccieri's aim is to backweight it to get the club face square on the ball, so that makes sense using the same technology in other clubs to get the same results.

Taking a normal club, and backweighting it, wonder how it affects the balance of a club that was made without it...hmmm

I will say that I've been playing the hybrid for over two months and I'm better with it now than I was then.

Hoping I see the same type of results with the 3W.

I have been thinking of possibly looking into the 5W, but I am more interested in the Heavy Hybrid...I think I need to make a purchase.

I have never hit any other club, irons or woods, I have ever owned as consistently on the sweet spot as I have the BGH 3w.

My club face looks remarkably similar to the photos above. Right in the middle and a little bit high on the face.

Hoping I see the same type of results with the 3W.

I have been thinking of possibly looking into the 5W, but I am more interested in the Heavy Hybrid...I think I need to make a purchase.

I'm not in to telling people just to OEM something, but this is a club that I would probably do that for.

I agree 100% about the sweet spot being hit more, I have mentioned it a couple times in my reviews, This club just wants to get in the correct positions with ease. I hit the range for a bucket, I planned on playing but there is a tourney going on so I couldnt get on the course. I started with the Heavy Wood and was just hitting shot after shot straight or a baby fade, I moved to my irons and was hitting them awesome as well. I didnt get any video since the ground was soaking wet and I didnt have a cart to sit my phone on. I am still loving the sound of a solidly struck shot with the Heavy Wood, its just that sweet solid tink. I did hit some more of those heel shots and I saw the exact same results I did the first time, for me the toe hits are a ton more forgiving than heel shots. 10am tee time for tomorrow and Sunday so I will have some more video and full update.

I'm definitely sold on this backweighting thing. Even if I don't go Boccieri for future clubs (although I badly wish to try his driver), I would totally look into backweighting my clubs.

See the wear marks, pretty much in the same spot, I would def say consistency is there with the Heavy Wood

Yup! my club looks pretty similar.

Good stuff guys. Hope they have some heavy stuff at demo day :)

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Good stuff guys. Hope they have some heavy stuff at demo day :)

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

I would bet they will, It seems like Boccieri Golf wants to get these in the hands of as many people as possible so I would bet there is.

I'm planning to get out on Sunday for at least nine holes, this time I should have someone to help with the videos, maybe I can improve the quality.

Sorry I haven't been around more lately, I've gotten really busy in the last couple of days.

I'm planning to get out on Sunday for at least nine holes, this time I should have someone to help with the videos, maybe I can improve the quality.

I think they have been great so far BBB

Back