Boccieri Secret Grips Review

I am getting very interested in these grips, not so sue but maybe I'll give them a try

Not going to do a long review, but I thought I'd bump this with the current promotion going on at Dick's/GG.

So far, since having the grip installed on my driver, I'm 15/19 fairways hit, with all acceptable misses. As I'm sure Mr. Boccieri is hoping, if I continue to see these kinds of results I'll soon begin experimenting with other parts of my bag as well.

Come on, Secret Putter grip!!! :boccieri:

Ok, I am way late to the party, but I'm glad I found this thread. I put my free Secret grip from Dick's/GG on my 7 iron and I'm loving it! Any idea on how many wraps are under the right hand or I should say how many it feels like? I'm telling all of my golfer friends about these. I never thought about counter weighting my irons and wedges!

Anyone know if these backweights work with other grips? or only the boccieri grips?

Went to Golf Galaxy earlier today and had a Secret Grip installed on my Cobra ZL Encore driver ... wow, what a big difference ... in a very positive way! Went to the range to hit a small bucket of balls, then went out and got a few holes of golf in before the sun set. Definitely was hitting the driver straighter and longer. So, after Day 1 of this experiment, I'm a believer.

Quick question ... would this grip be a detriment to clubs like the Cleveland CG Blacks, which promotes the lightweight shaft/overall weight concept for their customers? Just curious ...

Mike
MPM1960

Thanks for the complements and I hope I can answer your questions. I don't know if I can comment on all of these factors, because I am not that self aware of my swing. I will try to touch on these claims as much as possible.

One Plane Takeaway- I definitely feel like the Secret grip aids you in keeping your swing on plane. Most amateurs have a problem with casting and coming over the top with their swing. This is not my swing fault, my biggest swing fault is that I get very flat with my backswing. I have spend a good amount of time working on this and am in a good position right now. With the added weight these grips definitely promote a slightly flatter swing, which will benefit many golfers.

Smoother Transition- This was my main reason for wanting to make the transition and I definitely feel that this is an area where the Secret Grips with help many golfers.

Square Face at Impact- I would say that right now my ball striking is better than it has ever been. Whether that is due to the Secret Grips or the practice I have been putting forward, most likely a combination of both.

Balanced Finish- I don't know that I can attribute this to the Secret Grips.

To answer Hawks question, these with undoubtedly change your swing weight. However, I am one who thinks that Swing weights are not that big of a deal as long as they are the same. But that is just me.
Overall I am still a big fan of these grips. They are super durable (mine still look new and it has been over 6 months), they feel good and they retain their grip even when wet. The only time I start to wonder about these grips is when I play multiple rounds in a day. I play X100s which weigh 130 grams you add the extra grip weight and my clubs are very heavy. Oregon Golfer can attest to my ball striking being great for our first round at Bandon Dunes, but during the second round I started to get tired, my swing became flat and I started to miss shots. This is really my only issue. Hope this helps.

Great write up! I agree on your swingweight thoughts. I think far too many players worry about swingweight. Doesn't really matter if it changes as long as it is the same throughout the set.

Jack just dropped a line saying he is going with a Secret Putter grip today. Said he likes them and is putting it in the bag for the par 3.

Not going to do a long review, but I thought I'd bump this with the current promotion going on at Dick's/GG.

So far, since having the grip installed on my driver, I'm 15/19 fairways hit, with all acceptable misses. As I'm sure Mr. Boccieri is hoping, if I continue to see these kinds of results I'll soon begin experimenting with other parts of my bag as well.

Come on, Secret Putter grip!!! :boccieri:

Promotion is still going on. I'm going to Dick's today to have it put on my driver. I'm looking forward to testing it out.

The promotion is going on again. I picked up one for my driver, but wish I'd have read the thread first. I had them build it up with some tape, and it might be a little too big (which is hurting me closing the face some).

Is anyone still playing them?

Very nice review. Had no idea grips had got so advanced. I like the design of these seems quite good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a free one at Dick's put on a driver. I was a skeptic as I prefer a higher not lower swing weight. I was surprised I could still feel the clubhead and swing on plane. I would not say it helped me but it did not hurt me either. I did notice it wears quickly which makes it a very poor value given its high price tag. I cannot recommend these grips at this price. At $5 per grip they would be ok.

Last edited:
I had a driver that I'd been hitting great, but needed a new grip so I decided to put it on. I love my Boccieri putter and think the counter balancing really helps there, so I thought I'd give it a try with the driver.

I probably hit 100 - 150 drives afterwards and never got adjusted at all. The misses were really bad and I put a dozen idiot chips along the leading edge of a club that up until that time had been spotless.

I pulled the grip, swapped it with a NDMC and am back to hitting it right down the middle. Now, if only I could get those unsightly paint chips back.

I know I am digging up a really really old conversation. But I was thinking about back weighting my clubs. Why? Because I never know when to leave well enough alone.

these can be had now for a couple bucks a piece so I figured what the heck no real lose here.

anyone have any recent thoughts on these?

I know I am digging up a really really old conversation. But I was thinking about back weighting my clubs. Why? Because I never know when to leave well enough alone.

these can be had now for a couple bucks a piece so I figured what the heck no real lose here.

anyone have any recent thoughts on these?
Haven’t thought about these in, well, 7.5 years haha.
They do what they’re designed to, and do it well. For that low price, it makes it an easy experiment.

Haven’t thought about these in, well, 7.5 years haha.
They do what they’re designed to, and do it well. For that low price, it makes it an easy experiment.

I remember when these came out, I didn’t give them two thoughts then but, recently searching has me searching...

Stupid game..

First couple sentences of reviewers last paragraph.
“One immediate affect I noticed the Secret Grips had on my swing was I was taking very consistent divots after I installed the grips. I feel like my swing has become more repeatable, which is allowing me to bottom out my swing at a more consistent spot each time. This improvement in my swing mechanics has definitely improved my ball contact and I am seeing a really nice ball flight since installing the grips.”

I like this.

Curious. Is that similar to XXIO and there weight shifted to butt end of club b?

Yup. It’s the same concept.

yeah very much the same. Only difference being that the xxio setup specific to their clubs. I am trying to remember the conversation I had with the rep. I believe they have a few different weight set ups in their grips.

nothing this heavy though if I remember correctly. It has been a month since I have been able to access my Mecca.:cry:

Back