Breaking Down Ballyhack Hole #3

Based on that looking like a false front and I assume we will be blue tee boxes, so I'm going full 4i unless wind is in our face and I will hit a choke down 5w to center green, take my 2 putt and get out of there.
If the pins are any of the left ones, good luck two putting from the middle of the green 😅 pin hunting is the way on this hole

That’s from watching people who could actually hit the ball. I missed the green both times I played it 😂

The left pin in the bowl is so much freaking fun!

One of my favorite memories was almost jarring it in a practice round with a middle pin with @Muchmore's 7-iron I believe it was.
Damn right!! That was during our extra round and I truly thought it was going in!

We never played it even close to 200 yards. So either they had the tees way moved up or we played a combo (pretty sure it was a combo set). So I personally wouldn’t plan for that distance. But again, what do I know since I missed the green both days 😂

Based on that looking like a false front and I assume we will be blue tee boxes, so I'm going full 4i unless wind is in our face and I will hit a choke down 5w to center green, take my 2 putt and get out of there.
Or 8i and 3 putt.

We never played it even close to 200 yards. So either they had the tees way moved up or we played a combo (pretty sure it was a combo set). So I personally wouldn’t plan for that distance. But again, what do I know since I missed the green both days 😂
I think we played it around 140-160ish

Forget sucker pin, this looks like a sucker hole. I’m pulling the club that’s the perfect number for the middle of the green, maybe one less if the pin is right of the bowl. Hope to get out of there with par but I’ll be ok with a 3 putt bogey

Based on the feedback in here I'm going at the flag and keeping fingers crossed.

Based on the feedback in here I'm going at the flag and keeping fingers crossed.
Middle of the green works for the right pins, but if they are left, you have to try to go at them if you’re looking for at least par.

the greens at this place were made by a drunken sailor.

Possible hole in one IF the pin is in the bowl.

Otherwise, this can be a MEAN par 3…

An I LOVE it. Maybe my favorite hole at Bally.

the greens at this place were made by a drunken sailor.
They’re mean, and it’s awesome.

Definitely shows who can putt, and who can’t.

They’re mean, and it’s awesome.

Definitely shows who can putt, and who can’t.

I have always wondered if wild greens show who is a good putter or if it just makes everyone bad so it levels it out. loll

I have always wondered if wild greens show who is a good putter or if it just makes everyone bad so it levels it out. loll
Wild greens, definitely. But wild AND faaaassssst, they show who can putt. It’s why I love fast greens, it separates people.

I would remind you that this is a big green & there is more slope there than is shown. If the pin is in the bowl & you hit short & right, you will be challenged to make a 2-putt. I can guarantee you that. But if you hit anywhere near the edge of the bowl, as I did, it will roll down towards the hole for a relatively easy putt.

that is a great pin location. Unless your ball stops at the top of the spine....then it is not so fun.
It really is…fireworks all around.

My strategy is hoping it's not playing the full length of the blue tees. If it is, then X Forged 4u might be the play.

I think the two days we played it was closer to 100 as compared to 200, tees were way up the first day and a little farther back the second day.

Look at that putting surface…
View attachment 9254033
This terrifies me, I have no course near me that has anything vaguely resembling a hole like this 🤣

Add in (this will be my go to excuse all event if you haven't clued in yet 😉) elevation yardage loss, if I can get anywhere near middle of the green I'm going to be well happy.

This terrifies me, I have no course near me that has anything vaguely resembling a hole like this 🤣

Add in (this will be my go to excuse all event if you haven't clued in yet 😉) elevation yardage loss, if I can get anywhere near middle of the green I'm going to be well happy.
You will definitely have some putts where you have no clue or just tap it in fear of having to head back to the cart for a wedge.

Smart players will just bring a wedge to the green with them. 😂

Depending on where the pin is, you can have a really nice chance at birdie or even a HIO as you say...or you can be in for some pain. I played this hole twice from the regular tees and once from the Goat Track tees. I three-putt bogeyed it both times off the regular tees, but birdied it on the Goat Track. Pin was in the left bowl for the 2nd regular round and the Goat Track - the difference was I was down in that bowl for the Goat Track and had an easy putt. On the regular round I hit it too far and ended up back green with an impossibly fast putt back down - 3 putt was almost a success from there.

Great hole that REALLY plays different depending on the pin.

IMG_0177.jpeg
If it’s back right in the bowl, even middle of the green is a possible 3 putt.

You will definitely have some putts where you have no clue or just tap it in fear of having to head back to the cart for a wedge.

Smart players will just bring a wedge to the green with them. 😂
I read foot wedge? 🤣

Back