Bridgestone Golf J715 Driver Preview

diabolo, is the spare adapter a after market from Japan ? That's all I have been able to find.

Yes, it was bought in Japan but it is Made in China. It came in original Bridgestone package though, and like with the rest of the items, multilingual literature (Japanese/English/Korean/Chinese). There are several sellers on eBay offering similar ones (made in China also) but some, like an extra one I ordered (not the one on my original pictures but one that I got today, shown below), seem to be of questionable quality. Why? (1) the word LEFT is misspelled as LEET, 2) the inside of the top section of the adapter is all plastic, instead of plastic and an inner ring made out of metal, 3) probably because of #2, the ferrule pops out very easily, 4) text and lines are misaligned and painted, not etched, and lastly, 5) plastic o-ring on tip is very flexible vs a more rigid one on the OEM).

OEM top, eBay bought bottom

OEM top, eBay bought bottom

OEM on right, eBay bought on left

I ordered a couple more from a seller that is showing one that looks EXACTLY like the OEM one I got. We shall see.

I think its pretty awesome that those that get into the THP Event #THPLegacy will get a full bag of Bridgestone clubs. This driver is going to look good out there.

I think its pretty awesome that those that get into the THP Event #THPLegacy will get a full bag of Bridgestone clubs. This driver is going to look good out there.

Yeah, I think this club in particular is the one I'm most looking forward to playing. I can't think of a better course to test out a driver on than True Blue. #THPLegacy is going to be special!

This!
And another pretty special event coming up!
And one that I cannot wait to hear thoughts of the new Bridgestone line!

No doubt the 8 Bridgestone staffers at #THPLegacy will be well equipped with this driver and incredible irons no matter what they end up with.

This!
And another pretty special event coming up!
And one that I cannot wait to hear thoughts of the new Bridgestone line!

Well Bridgestone U does not come with any gear as part of entry, but no question demo and education will be awesome.

I have been dreaming about this driver. I can't wait to get my hands on it to hit. The J40 is amazing, just can't fathom that there could be better. Then I hear news of this. Call me intrigued!

Hit it for the first time today and LOVED IT! tried it with all 3 shafts I have for it (Diamana R-Series 70, Speeder 661 and Speeder VC 6.3 TS, all stiff) and results were great with the Speeder shafts (both fit my profile), not so much with the Diamana but that's because its profile isn't right for me and I knew that.

Great feel, awesome muted sound and outstanding feedback. Couldn't be happier!

Hit it for the first time today and LOVED IT! tried it with all 3 shafts I have for it (Diamana R-Series 70, Speeder 661 and Speeder VC 6.3 TS, all stiff) and results were great with the Speeder shafts (both fit my profile), not so much with the Diamana but that's because its profile isn't right for me and I knew that.

Great feel, awesome muted sound and outstanding feedback. Couldn't be happier!
What weights did you play? And what's the swing weight? I played the alpha 815 at d6 today and had great results. Wondering what the weight setup will be best for me haha

What weights did you play? And what's the swing weight? I played the alpha 815 at d6 today and had great results. Wondering what the weight setup will be best for me haha

I cut all my shafts to play at 45" (from 45.5" at stock) so I went with 10g/2g instead of the 8g/2g. Swing weight at D4 (using the different weight combo and the Golf Pride/Bridgestone red grip, which weighs 49.5g). Thinking of trying a 10g-12g/4g combo tomorrow to try and get it to D2.5/D3, the stock SW.

This is one of the clubs I am dying to hit next week. I am a huge driver "ho" and this could easily end up in my bag

This thing has me all sorts of excited. Really wish Bridgestone had distribution in Canada.

Great info as of late in here. Oh my word I want to get one of these in my hands badly!

JM

My weight kit is shipping on the 17th. Can't wait to get them in!

Boy that looks like a deep face. I really like deep faces.

For those that like lower spin and a classic and clean look, this driver is right up your alley.

For those that like lower spin and a classic and clean look, this driver is right up your alley.

JB. I realize there are variables other then just swing speed. But would you say this is or is not a good option for a swing speed of say 93 mph? I usually launch around 17 degrees and spin of around 3400 or so--my last numbers with my Optiforce.

JB. I realize there are variables other then just swing speed. But would you say this is or is not a good option for a swing speed of say 93 mph? I usually launch around 17 degrees and spin of around 3400 or so--my last numbers with my Optiforce.

Too hard to tell. It could be if everything else is lined up well.
It looks and sounds terrific.

I have been thinking about this driver and new Bstone offerings all day!

I say, give it a try.

It does produce a very nice launch (mine is 10.5°) and a friend of mine that was at the range yesterday and saw me hit with it, made a comment that stayed with me all day... "man, that's the best ball flight that I have seen from you in a good while, a tad higher than with your G30 but longer and you aren't fading it anymore".

My SS is 98-102 and I normally launch at 12.5-13°. I was carrying the ball maybe 5-10 yds longer with the same crappy range balls vs my G30, both using Speeder 661 shafts.

Last edited:
I keep saying it, but this will be in my bag soon. What a sexy damn driver.

I keep saying it, but this will be in my bag soon. What a sexy damn driver.

I know what you mean. It looks so damn good I want one bad and I haven't even swung it yet.

Honestly one of my favorite things about this driver is the weights and not just for adjustability. I'm shorter and a slow swinger so I normally cut my shaft down a bit, play a lighter shaft and these weights will help big time with keeping swingweight where I want it.

I say, give it a try.

It does produce a very nice launch (mine is 10.5°) and a friend of mine that was at the range yesterday and saw me hit with it, made a comment that stayed with me all day... "man, that's the best ball flight that I have seen from you in a good while, a tad higher than with your G30 but longer and you aren't fading it anymore".

My SS is 98-102 and I normally launch at 14.5-15°. I was carrying the ball maybe 5-10 yds longer with the same crappy range balls vs my G30, both using Speeder 661 shafts.

Oh I will. I have several on my list to try this spring. I was watching Canadan hit it on the range at the Bridgestone Championship. He was murdering the thing.

But the only thing his swing and mine have in common is two hands on the club. That's where the similarity ends !!

Back