Build Your 2024 Cobra Bag

The 7W has a good chance of making it into my bag.

Come on, he doesn’t order off the menu like the rest of us!!!
You don’t either. Jose and Lord Tox make your selections for you. :ROFLMAO:

Seeing the numbers the guys at Shaft Up are getting from the new Darkspeed drivers is insane!

Seeing the numbers the guys at Shaft Up are getting from the new Darkspeed drivers is insane!
A good combo is a good combo. And Danny sure know how to find that.

On bag ponder related things. I'm thinking about going full SBX for my wedges. I'd love to throw a raw in there, but based on my last (first) round, I can use the help in my short game too.

On bag ponder related things. I'm thinking about going full SBX for my wedges. I'd love to throw a raw in there, but based on my last (first) round, I can use the help in my short game too.
I went full complement of SBX wedges last go ‘round. Did not regret that decision as the SBX’s match well with my wedge game. Which is to mean I need the help of a CB wedge. Towards the fall I really started to appreciate how good these are as my wedge game got leaps and bounds better.

Its only a few days away from THPers being able to sign up to do this.

The SBX’s are really good. I’ve had them in my bag the last year and really enjoy them.

The SBX’s are really good. I’ve had them in my bag the last year and really enjoy them.
I also play a couple of SBX's currently and absolutely love them. Just thinking if I should also have one raw at the very end or just go full SBX.

I also play a couple of SBX's currently and absolutely love them. Just thinking if I should also have one raw at the very end or just go full SBX.
It’s a solid ponder especially if it’s a club you don’t full swing. If you full swing it then I’d lean SBX still.

This was my first bag:
D: Darkspeed LS 8* LinQ White 6F5
3W: Darkspeed LS 13.5* LinQ Blue 6F5
5W: Darkspeed LS 17.5 LinQ Blue 7F5
4h: Tec Hzrdus Gen 4 90 X
Irons: Darkspeed OL 6-PW 1* flat, lofts: 6i: std, 7-9 1* weak, PW: std TT DG 105 X
Wedge: Snakebite X 48* (2* strong), 52*, 60* (2* strong) KBS .610 Stiff
Wedge: Snakebite 60* (2* weak) KBS Hi-Rev
Putter: Agera RS-30

With the irons I wanted to rep the OL and also took inspiration from your Forged Tec X year and play the new tec in irons.

With the raw Snakebite release I'd kinda want to go the opposite direction in forgiveness as my current set and see if I can handle it. Would also mix up the FWs based on how that would gap:

D: Darkspeed LS 8* LinQ White 6F5
3W: Darkspeed X LinQ Blue 7F5
7W: Darkspeed X LinQ Blue 7F5
2UT: King Tec Hzrdus Black X
5i: King Tour TT DG 105 X
6-PW: King CB DG 105 X
50* SB Raw Classic Grind
56* SB Raw Widelow Grind
60* SB Raw Versatile Grind
Putter: Agera RS-30
After more pondering I might go 6-7 in the CB and 8-PW in the MB. For fun, not necessarily for smart.

Also I just ordered an Agera RS 30 so I would make another putter choice 😬

After more pondering I might go 6-7 in the CB and 8-PW in the MB. For fun, not necessarily for smart.

Also I just ordered an Agera RS 30 so I would make another putter choice 😬
I already have the putter I would choose - Vintage Widesport - so I would probably try an Agera RS 30.

It’s a solid ponder especially if it’s a club you don’t full swing. If you full swing it then I’d lean SBX still.
I full swing everything, but the 58° so rarely that I think I could do without going full with it.

Seeing as though we may be a tiny step closer to having full teams and after that I would imagine we will have a deadline for bag submissions.
What does that mean for my bag build? I now have 1 spot that is locked in.
Putter is going to be the Agera RS.
Just by size reduction this year the Agera RS found a foot in the door for consideration. I would have never been able to get past the size with the original.

Seeing as though we may be a tiny step closer to having full teams and after that I would imagine we will have a deadline for bag submissions.
Just by size reduction this year the Agera RS found a foot in the door for consideration. I would have never been able to get past the size with the original.
I took some swings with the King Tours and they are very workable. I am in CB's now and would really look into a combo set there. Also the LS fairways are pretty good.

With CT tour’s too. Such a good putter shaft.

That Nova-30 is calling me.

@jdtox has only told you one club you will be getting? Figured he might have let more slip by now.

If the Widesport wasn't such a good fit for me, then I would definitely have looked at the Agera RS. I wouldn't be able to play the original.

Realized I didn’t reply to this yet, despite many visits to the Cobra website!

- Darkspeed X, 10.5°, Tour Length, UST LINQ M40X White 6F5
- Darkspeed X, 5W and 7W, UST LINQ M40X Blue 7F5
- King Tec, Utility Iron, 4i and 5i, UST Recoil 460 ESX, Stiff
- King Tour Irons, 6i to GW, Mitsubishi MMT 85, Stiff
- Snakebite Black Wedges, 54°, 60°, Versatile grind, Mitsubishi MMT 85, Stiff
- Grandsport-35 3D printed putter, 34”

I will just say, if the call comes. My bag is locked and loaded!

A lot more ponders on this subject after seeing things up close this weekend 🤔. That X driver was pretty sweet.

After talking with and listening to Jose last October, I would definitely go Tour Length in the Darkspeed Max Diver. Bag would be the exact same as I posted back in February but with the Agera RS as the putter replacing the Widesport (I already have that in my bag) Here's what I had back then as my choices:

Darkspeed Max Tour Length with HAZRDUS CB 50
Darkspeed Max 3, 5, 7 with UST LINQMAX Red 5F2
Darkspeed 5 and 6 Hybrid +1/2" with UST Recoil 460 ESX Graphite Lite
Darkspeed 7-GW +1/2" with UST Recoil 460 ESX Graphite Lite
Snakebite X 52 and 56 +1/2" with KBS PGI 75 R
Vintage Widesport 35 inches

Last edited:
I'm thinking more and more about the King Tours. I'm not a high spin player by any means and I'm quite intrigued by the higher launch and spin I experienced when trying the KT quickly.

Also Agera RS-30 and Snakebite X's are pretty much a lock.

Realized I didn’t reply to this yet, despite many visits to the Cobra website!

- Darkspeed X, 10.5°, Tour Length, UST LINQ M40X White 6F5
- Darkspeed X, 5W and 7W, UST LINQ M40X Blue 7F5
- King Tec, Utility Iron, 4i and 5i, UST Recoil 460 ESX, Stiff
- King Tour Irons, 6i to GW, Mitsubishi MMT 85, Stiff
- Snakebite Black Wedges, 54°, 60°, Versatile grind, Mitsubishi MMT 85, Stiff
- Grandsport-35 3D printed putter, 34”
Do you think the Utilities and FW Woods overlap here?

Do you think the Utilities and FW Woods overlap here?
Might be some redundancy between 4U and 7W, but I have that in my bag currently and it gaps well for me.

People get to start doing this for real this week!

Back