Building a set of ACER XF Pro irons

Thanks everyone, I will be taking pics and video's where I can of the process and I'm getting pretty excited about it. I think I am going to hard step these shafts about a 1/2" and that will put me where I want to be.

I can't stop checking the tracking info

me neither CB. All my stuff gets here today but cutting out of work early to go golfing so it will have to wait until tomorrow night. I'll be building a set of Wishon 870ti irons 5-GW and 2 sets of wedges.

The stepless are nice but so are the stepped. The stepped will hit a bit higher and are a very nice option.

I have a high trajectory by myself so the stepless is a better option for me :)

You are builing MY Irons, with MY Shafts! At least the ones I've been dragging my feet on for two months! Boy, will I be watching this thread! FWIW, if you go to Hireko.com, then click Components tab, then scroll down to Resources, you'll see their Dynamic Shaft Fitting Index download. Without reading through the whole thing, it amounts to their shaft fitting based on swing speed and tempo. Good luck and I'll be reading!

Last edited:
Thanks CB :) , I'm now eyeballing on these irons pairing with the gunsmoke Apollo Acculite 95 shafts...... (FST shafts are not available at my European Acer reseller)

Last edited:
Didn't valuegolf come in here and introduce themselves? As well as tell all of THP that they will give THPers discounts? I swore I saw something in here but it's gone now..

Didn't valuegolf come in here and introduce themselves? As well as tell all of THP that they will give THPers discounts? I swore I saw something in here but it's gone now..
Yeah I thought I saw it also. Either way, you can PM me and I will send you the info if you need it.

All my stuff came in last night and I can't wait to get started. I'm going to weigh and sort all the shafts and heads I have tonight and get some pics of everything.

Yeah I thought I saw it also. Either way, you can PM me and I will send you the info if you need it.

All my stuff came in last night and I can't wait to get started. I'm going to weigh and sort all the shafts and heads I have tonight and get some pics of everything.
Looking forward to seeing what you got in. I've been watching my tracking info like a Hawk, but USPS tracking info sucks. The next update I get will probably be "delivered".

Looking forward to seeing what you got in. I've been watching my tracking info like a Hawk, but USPS tracking info sucks. The next update I get will probably be "delivered".

absolutely the worst breeze. I can't wait for you to get all your stuff in for this project.

absolutely the worst breeze. I can't wait for you to get all your stuff in for this project.
Thanks man, this tracking info is driving me crazy, the last update I got was that three days ago the stuff left Chicago! Sweet, they could be out for delivery for all I know at this point, damn you USPS.
Right now I have everything sitting here waiting to be installed, I just need the heads and shafts.

They do THP discounts? Saweet.

I had a fun day yesterday. Pulled 3 driver heads with my hydraulic puller, pulled the Wishon 870ti heads from the x100 shafts, weighed and sorted everything. I have 2 sets of irons to reshaft, 4 wedges, 3 drivers, and 2 FW's.

here's my list:
Putting Nippon 1150gh Pro in Wishon 560mc 5-AW
Putting FST 115 in Wishon 870ti 4-AW
Putting Harrison SAGA into Wishon 919thi 11*
Putting iDrive into Wishon 919thi 9*
Putting Graphite Designs YS6+ into Wishon 919thi 11*
Putting iDrive into Wishon 949MC 16.5* and 21*
Putting FST Hi-Rev into Acer XC 56* and 60*
Putting FST Hi-Rev into DTG Inazone 54* and 58*

I'll probably just start my own thread :):bananadance:

I had a fun day yesterday. Pulled 3 driver heads with my hydraulic puller, pulled the Wishon 870ti heads from the x100 shafts, weighed and sorted everything. I have 2 sets of irons to reshaft, 4 wedges, 3 drivers, and 2 FW's.

here's my list:
Putting Nippon 1150gh Pro in Wishon 560mc 5-AW
Putting FST 115 in Wishon 870ti 4-AW
Putting Harrison SAGA into Wishon 919thi 11*
Putting iDrive into Wishon 919thi 9*
Putting Graphite Designs YS6+ into Wishon 919thi 11*
Putting iDrive into Wishon 949MC 16.5* and 21*
Putting FST Hi-Rev into Acer XC 56* and 60*
Putting FST Hi-Rev into DTG Inazone 54* and 58*

I'll probably just start my own thread :):bananadance:
Good lord dude, thats a crazy about of golf clubs there. Sounds like a good time though.
I just checked the tracking info, and it looks like my stuff has cleared Canadian Customs so that means it should be here Tuesday or wednesday

Good lord dude, thats a crazy about of golf clubs there. Sounds like a good time though.
I just checked the tracking info, and it looks like my stuff has cleared Canadian Customs so that means it should be here Tuesday or wednesday
Yeah, it's quite the collection... I've been practicing my skills on lesser clubs until I got all of my skills up to snuff as to not screw up any of the Wishon heads. Also was waiting on a shaft puller and SW scale. I hope to have at least 1 set of irons and the wedges built by this weekend, depends on the kid schedule and house stuff, but it's a lot of fun.

Alright, well the shafts and the heads came in finally today and I began the process as I've been really excited to get this project started.

The Shafts and Heads
IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

I found it easiest to cut the shafts down with a dremel tool, and for now they are all tipped with the standard tipping for stiff flex.
IMG_0532.jpg

Installation of the first head on the shaft.
IMG_0533.jpg

The new irons all together.
IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

The grips and stickers waiting to be added on to.
IMG_0537.jpg

very nice mr breeze!

Nice work, CB.

I'll be doing my set with the FST's tonight as well. I tipped to S as well and only did the 5 irons (have 2 5 irons of the Wishon 870ti's) in the FST 115 and 125 to see which one I want to go in the whole set and to see if I need to tip more.

Glad to see them finally arrive! They look great.

Thanks guys, I'm getting antsy to cut them to length and grip them.

Jeez, I'm just glad your stuff made it bro. Looking good so far. What a fun project. I hope you're enjoying it.

Awesome man looking good!

Jeez, I'm just glad your stuff made it bro. Looking good so far. What a fun project. I hope you're enjoying it.
Thanks everyone!

TC, I am really enjoying it. I'm going to go to work very early tomorrow morning and cut them to length and grip them so that I can play them hopefully tomorrow afternoon. I have to admit the irons are really good looking in person.

Looking good CB, can't wait to hear how they perform I've still pondered doing something like this myself, maybe just wedges =)

Nice work thus far, anxious to hear your thoughts on the performance.

You are going to love those shafts sir. Love.

I too am impressed by the club looks, nice IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back