Building a set of ACER XF Pro irons

Thanks everyone, the building is now complete and the grips are just drying out right now. They should be 100% dry in a few hours and then I'm going to the course to play a couple of holes with the new sticks and woods.

Thanks everyone, the building is now complete and the grips are just drying out right now. They should be 100% dry in a few hours and then I'm going to the course to play a couple of holes with the new sticks and woods.

That's excellent! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on these.

Glad you finally got these Ben! USPS can be maddening sometimes. Can't wait to see what you think.

d179e1bb-31c1-7c62.jpg

d179e1bb-31d6-a89e.jpg

d179e1bb-31ec-d237.jpg

Goin to hit them now.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

CB, how did you end up tipping these?

Think earlier it said he went with the standard stiff tip spec's RPR.
Yeah, I just looked through and saw that he went S tipping and hard-stepped 1/2", which just confuses me :banghead:.

I might end up tipping S and just hard-stepping 1, or split the difference b/w S and X.

[h=3]FST 115 Trim Charts:[/h]
Flex123456789PWSW
Senior0"5/8"1 1/4"1 7/8"2 1/2"3 1/8"3 3/4"4 3/8"5"5"5"
Regular1"1 5/8"2 1/4"2 7/8"3 1/2"4 1/8"4 3/4"5 3/8"6"6"6"
Stiff0"5/8"1 1/4"1 7/8"2 1/2"3 1/8"3 3/4"4 3/8"5"5"5"
X-Stiff2"2 5/8"3 1/4"3 7/8"4 1/2"5 1/8"5 3/4"6 3/8"7"7"7"

Just finished hitting these on the range, they were pretty freaking good. The shafts feel great and I'm about a half club longer than I am with my R11's mostly as the shafts fit me better.

Just finished hitting these on the range, they were pretty freaking good. The shafts feel great and I'm about a half club longer than I am with my R11's mostly as the shafts fit me better.

Nice! Are these your gamers until the MC irons arrive?

Nice! Are these your gamers until the MC irons arrive?

Yes they will be

Love to hear this. I figured you would like the feel of the shafts (and hoped you would hehe). Awesome to hear about the heads, I really can't wait till you get more rounds on them and really feel them out.

So did you end up tipping 1/2" over stiff on each iron?

Your new clubs look great CoolBreeze! :thumb: I've always liked stepless shafts and the blue shaft labels and grips match well. Your clubs would have been really blue if the heads were Mizuno-blue like the MX-200s. Great choice in what sounds like the start of a fun hobby!

CB, how did you end up tipping these?
I did not, I just ended up tipping them to the stiff flex numbers from FST.
Love to hear this. I figured you would like the feel of the shafts (and hoped you would hehe). Awesome to hear about the heads, I really can't wait till you get more rounds on them and really feel them out.
Loved them buddy, they almost look like PX shafts, but feel closer to KBS, that is a winning combo.
Any thoughts of putting these shafts into the R11s now that youre a master of clubwork?
Nah, I'd like those to stay the way they are.
So did you end up tipping 1/2" over stiff on each iron?
see above
Your new clubs look great CoolBreeze! :thumb: I've always liked stepless shafts and the blue shaft labels and grips match well. Your clubs would have been really blue if the heads were Mizuno-blue like the MX-200s. Great choice in what sounds like the start of a fun hobby!
Thanks man, I'm really happy with how they turned out.

why are the clubs the wrong way around? :alien:

Great. I did the same thing, tipped to stiff and they feel great IMO. This was my first try at tipping the stepped shafts and the standard S tipping feels great. I was leary as I have always heard that they play soft to flex, but I like them.

Let me know how you like the Hi-Revs. Been thinking about swapping out my wedge shafts. Also, i see you used Inazone wedge heads. Which ones?

uhmm, CB, you have posted pictures of the wrong kind of clubs.. why are they turned around? -_-

Well, I really like them. Very smooth. I put them in 2 sets of wedges already, the Acer XC in 56 and 60 and the Inazone CNC 54 & 58 in the Shadow finish, which are awesome and far and away the best wedges I have ever had. I used the Regular Hi Rev's and they are plenty stout. Ball flight is a bit lower than what i'm used to, but I get some really NICE spin like I've never experienced before. I'm been trying to sell my Callaway JAWS wedges in 52 and 58 that I bought last year but might just re-shaft them with another set of the Hi Rev's to bring some life back to them as I love the heads.

Back