Callaway 2014 Big Bertha Irons Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had quite a bit of fun hitting these today. 180 yard 7 irons are just plain fun to see. Guessing real world performance won't be quite as long but I could game these in a heartbeat.

I had quite a bit of fun hitting these today. 180 yard 7 irons are just plain fun to see. Guessing real world performance won't be quite as long but I could game these in a heartbeat.

I think I have a date with these on Friday...

After reading through this thread looks like I might want to go out and hit these. Looks like it might be between trying these whatever cobra comes out with and the new Nike vapor speeds see which ones I like the most. Although these really do have me intrigued especially with the numbers being posted already. If I can get anywhere near that close of a number I'd be extremely happy. My typical 7-iron is maybe 120 yards. And I really really do like the looks of these irons.

My brief session with the BB's left me "hollow". The complete lack of feel was off putting. Were there distance gains, yes but did I enjoy hitting them, no. The apex's have nothing to fear. The joy of a well struck apex is a blast.

Lots to do tonight, but eventually will post a bunch of pics and some early thoughts.

e9eta8up.jpg

Looking forward to the thoughts hawkster

Can't wait for more Hawk pictures and thoughts

if you want to blend in the hybrids on this set is it set up in a numerical sequential sequence even if the lofts are very close together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back