Callaway Hats, Glove & Golf Balls - The Morgan Cup

Boom.

4bf93414-1c7b-26c7.jpg

Posted via Tapatalk

Gawd you're hawt!

Nice hat buddy!

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Im excited to try the golf balls. They have a softer cover than I expected.

Posted via Tapatalk

Im excited to try the golf balls. They have a softer cover than I expected.

Posted via Tapatalk

Great golf balls dude. I fooled around with the Diablo a bunch and really liked it.

I wanted to post quickly about my thoughts on this ball after a short game session and a round today. I 100% went out and bought this ball because of the MC and the ITR show about the Cally balls. I'm really glad I did.

This ball wants to go straight off the tee. Almost to a fault today for me. My well struck driver shots now have a very small (5 -10 yard max) draw on them and I generally set up to hit the ball towards the right side. I hit a lot of balls in the right rough because I just kept hitting straight shots today. No clue if that has anything to do with the ball, but I missed like 6 fairways by 3-5 feet it seemed. Distance seemed good and I liked the feel off the driver too.

As for irons: This is the result of an 8 iron shot off the tee today.

2011-08-28_07-52-43_167.jpg

The pitchmark is there to the far left of the picture. This actually cost me a pretty good chance at birdie haha. The greens are super receptive at this course, but damn. It spun back 12 feet.

Most other shots just hopped and stopped. 7 iron from the rough was 6 inches from the pitchmark. Really good performance for a $25 ball. I'm happy that I took the chance on them.

Boom.

4bf93414-1c7b-26c7.jpg

Posted via Tapatalk

I wanted to post quickly about my thoughts on this ball after a short game session and a round today. I 100% went out and bought this ball because of the MC and the ITR show about the Cally balls. I'm really glad I did.

This ball wants to go straight off the tee. Almost to a fault today for me. My well struck driver shots now have a very small (5 -10 yard max) draw on them and I generally set up to hit the ball towards the right side. I hit a lot of balls in the right rough because I just kept hitting straight shots today. No clue if that has anything to do with the ball, but I missed like 6 fairways by 3-5 feet it seemed. Distance seemed good and I liked the feel off the driver too.

As for irons: This is the result of an 8 iron shot off the tee today.

2011-08-28_07-52-43_167.jpg

The pitchmark is there to the far left of the picture. This actually cost me a pretty good chance at birdie haha. The greens are super receptive at this course, but damn. It spun back 12 feet.

Most other shots just hopped and stopped. 7 iron from the rough was 6 inches from the pitchmark. Really good performance for a $25 ball. I'm happy that I took the chance on them.

Great stuff Hawk! That hat looks awesome. I wore my Callaway MC hat and used the Diablo Tour ball this weekend too. It's a steal at that price. Very solid performer as you mention. How did you like it off the putter?

Great stuff Hawk! That hat looks awesome. I wore my Callaway MC hat and used the Diablo Tour ball this weekend too. It's a steal at that price. Very solid performer as you mention. How did you like it off the putter?

It sounded very nice off the putter as well. Very solid golf ball.

Posted via Tapatalk

Catching up here, I love the hat Hawk and it sounds like you really liked the Diablo Tour ball. Where else can you get a $25/doz ball to perform like that? Personally I just had to go with the Tour i(S) when it came time to select balls to use for The Morgan Cup, it was very close between the i(S) an the i(Z) but in the end I opted for the softer feel of the (S) and I'm happy I did. I came home with almost every ball we were given so I now have a great little ball shootout to conduct between the i(S) and the B330-S I've played forever it seems. I'll be sure to post the results when I have some.

The other items covered in this thread- the glove and hat. I love that Tour Authentic glove we were given, it still feels practically brand new and there isn't the slightest blemish on it after 5 rounds and tons of range time. This is definitely a great glove, I liked it so much I took advantage of a buy 2 get 1 free deal on them! The hat is great as well, no signs of the blood, sweat and tears shed while playing in the heat and competition in The Morgan Cup, I love it!

Hawk back off the hat bro, you can't wear that on Sundays as I am gonna be wearing mine sucka.

Great feedback on the ball bro i can't wait to see you game it.

Hawk back off the hat bro, you can't wear that on Sundays as I am gonna be wearing mine sucka.

Great feedback on the ball bro i can't wait to see you game it.

You got the white one too? C'mon. We can be hat brothers.

I like that ball a lot. I'm going to get it on the launch monitor soon.

You got the white one too? C'mon. We can be hat brothers.

I like that ball a lot. I'm going to get it on the launch monitor soon.

Nah I have the gunmetal blue one. It's pretty amazing and breathes so well. The fabric is great.

Hawk- what balls are you testing out now? Diablo tour, i(z), 330-RX?

I'm out of RX's, so decided to try a box of the Diablo Tour.

Back